Login

russian armor

@ Relic - Command Input Lag

11 Sep 2013, 18:29 PM

Optimization also needs some attention. I mean, I'm playing on a i7 2670 quadcore, 6gb ram and a 6770m, and even on minimum settings at 720p, the game starts to lag when the action gets intense. :/
11 Sep 2013, 19:56 PM

I would go as far to say that this should be Relics No1 Issue to resolve. This isn't a minor problem, it affects gameplay so bad and frustrates the hell out of me. I hardly ever yell in frustration at a game, but I am screaming at the monitor with CoH2, my wife is even calling me a "Rager" and says "stop getting mad".
12 Sep 2013, 08:53 AM

Relic, please!

As you can see, this flaw is leading straight to domestic violence and divorces.

You want babies to come, grow up and buy your games, right?

So...for your own sake: Fix it!

;)
12 Sep 2013, 09:11 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can't agree more with the OP.

12 Sep 2013, 09:13 AM

not only lags are horrible but sometimes units won't retreat or it's delayed by some second
12 Sep 2013, 09:35 AM

Weapon crew retreats are also massively annoying. Guy starts packing up, gets half way done, gets shot, new guy takes his place, starts over, finally gets done with the pack up animation then.... Just stands there for 2 whole seconds with the retreat icon over his head before finally being hit with a mortar shell. In the mean time, MG crew's supporting P4 is stuck dancing around, turning this way and that trying to avoid the weapon crew until it finally drives ass first into AT fire right as the MG gunner explodes to that mortar shell. These are the types of "cinimatic moments" that are best left in a Three Stooges movie.
12 Sep 2013, 09:38 AM

Relic, please!

As you can see, this flaw is leading straight to domestic violence and divorces.

You want babies to come, grow up and buy your games, right?

So...for your own sake: Fix it!

;)

lol, very compelling reason indeed
12 Sep 2013, 09:49 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2013, 09:35 AMEnkidu
Weapon crew retreats are also massively annoying. Guy starts packing up, gets half way done, gets shot, new guy takes his place, starts over, finally gets done with the pack up animation then.... Just stands there for 2 whole seconds with the retreat icon over his head before finally being hit with a mortar shell. In the mean time, MG crew's supporting P4 is stuck dancing around, turning this way and that trying to avoid the weapon crew until it finally drives ass first into AT fire right as the MG gunner explodes to that mortar shell. These are the types of "cinimatic moments" that are best left in a Three Stooges movie.

spot on
12 Sep 2013, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

the input lag along with the low small arms fire damage compared to aoe damage in this game really kills my desire to play this game which is a pity because i LOVE company of heroes.
12 Sep 2013, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 16:32 PMSpanky
I remember the langreskaya tourney, when i was against condamnationwings, my troops reacted to my retreat order in such manner, that they glumped up together first and then retreated. Ofc, they glumped together on a nade, lost the whole squad. The lag between me and him, got him so many lucky kills and ofc i just got more and more frustrated by his luck/lag.

So yes, the delay is a major issue. :(

Had the same happen to me as well, I feel your pain.

They need to fix vehicle AI pathing and squad AI actions ASAP as these are completely independent of any connectivity issues. Input lag will probably take a while to figure out but this needs to be optimized pronto.
12 Sep 2013, 22:06 PM

I have found that at the moment, except for satchel charges, you are better off just standing in place and eating a grenade in the face and don't move, that you your guys straight relatively spread out. If you try and retreat or move your guys hit the ground and bunch up and dont really respond to your commands and end up being wiped out from the grenade.
12 Sep 2013, 23:19 PM

Its also most of the part an ping issue, your computer/bandwidth doesnt matter. You will have less input lagg when playing someone in your vicinity compared to someone far away from your place. CoH2 is P2P, read up on that ^^

Its probably an engine issue and is usually pretty hard to fix. CoH1 is really nice input MS and i want it to be the same like that in CoH2.

There was a huge amount of flame about this about HoN -> Dota2, in which Dota2 had a huge input lag compared to HoN.
12 Sep 2013, 23:23 PM

Optimization also needs some attention. I mean, I'm playing on a i7 2670 quadcore, 6gb ram and a 6770m, and even on minimum settings at 720p, the game starts to lag when the action gets intense. :/

Then the game is probably not recognizing your GPU and is using the CPU to render. Read up on it, there are fixes and ways to force CoH2 to use your laptops GPU.

Other then that, sheesh man be a real gamer and get a stationary. :D

A friend of mine had this issue with his GeForce Titan. Some non-AAA titles didnt recognize his GPU, and used the CPU instead.
12 Sep 2013, 23:52 PM

Then the game is probably not recognizing your GPU and is using the CPU to render. Read up on it, there are fixes and ways to force CoH2 to use your laptops GPU.

Other then that, sheesh man be a real gamer and get a stationary. :D

A friend of mine had this issue with his GeForce Titan. Some non-AAA titles didnt recognize his GPU, and used the CPU instead.

You mean it uses the integrated graphics chip? My laptop has a hybrid system, so I have to switch between the dedicated and the integrated chip. I wouldn't know how the game could use the integrated one, while the dedicated one is selected.

haha, I do have one, but I'm studying aboard and I don't intend on lugging my desktop around. :P
13 Sep 2013, 00:12 AM

You mean it uses the integrated graphics chip? My laptop has a hybrid system, so I have to switch between the dedicated and the integrated chip. I wouldn't know how the game could use the integrated one, while the dedicated one is selected.

haha, I do have one, but I'm studying aboard and I don't intend on lugging my desktop around. :P

I have no fucking clue about laptops. :)

Edit: Added a smiley to seem nicer.
14 Sep 2013, 02:12 AM

The balance is decently good right and optimization is kind of okay for my computer, but this command input delay is what's keeping me from playing this more often.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★