Login

russian armor

Winter or Spring Maps [Developer]

14 Sep 2013, 20:11 PM

Give me more city maps for gods sake.

More 4v4 maps too for late night fun with the guys. 3 4v4 maps doesnt cut it.

A Montargis Region COH1 remake perhaps? Would be a great addition!
14 Sep 2013, 21:23 PM

Semois winter is the best map so far; the ice makes for more dynamic play and the deep snow don't get too much in the way.
14 Sep 2013, 22:11 PM

Winter and spring night maps are wellcome (especially the city maps).
15 Sep 2013, 03:35 AM

Winter and spring night maps are wellcome (especially the city maps).

night maps is good idea +1 on this

i don't want city maps, too many buildings and russian just gonna use Molotov to force german in the build out so easily and german on the other hand need get mortar, AT hammering buildings or wait until T2 get fht. it is just pain in the ass for german player to force russian troops out of building in early game
15 Sep 2013, 04:52 AM

Definitely more spring maps..

The winter maps are cool and all but the blizzards really interrupt the continuity and fluidity of the game. I realize its for realism and all but killing sight range and reducing visibility are not elements I care to see in a non realism video game.

If you must have winter, please reduce the occurrences of the blizzard, make it random times and random lengths.

I would also like to see more open maps. City maps are completely awful and an unfair advantage to the Ostheer I think. This patch has done nothing to curtail the rampant MG spam to buildings.

You know what? Coh1 really was beautiful in that you could cut your opponent and really deny him/her fuel. in Coh2 because every point gives you fuel, it seems it is inevitable that late game Ostheer armor will make an appearance, whereas in coh1, it was a challenge for the Allies to deny the Axis fuel income to possibly prevent their end game from appearing.

So what are you doing about that?
19 Sep 2013, 15:40 PM
Donator 22

Personally I really Like the variety of play as it is now when you play the same map winter/spring. Totally different tactics and game play, blizzards can be annoying but mostly that's because you have to micro more but hey in rl that's exactly what it was like.

I really like having to think about moving my troops and using sniper flares and arty on known camp spots etc or using field guns more effectively to take advantage of the blizzard. I think as someone else mentioned they missed a trick with the cold tech e.g. snow shoe upgrades would be awesome as well as the camo system been better implemented.

I would like to see some more winter maps for sure but also as mentioned by others more maps like in the campaign with big densely packed cities where moving armor is risky but rewarding and infantry run the show. Or assaulting fortresses like was it the poznan map with the big walls and moats, imagine a vp game where the competing VP's were in a bad ass fort that once you take control of was easier to hold and fortify but you start to lose map control as you get sieged in, maybe the majority of resources been external to the fort or something.

Aesthetics wise winter looks better I think but summer maps with rain and mud would be equally cool.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 20 Sep 2013, 04:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write feedback on this post. I've read all the comments and I'll get back to you all soon. Something to note is that we'll be reducing the frequency of blizzards on all winter maps and will continue to explore winter maps without blizzards. Lots of maps in the pipeline, looking forward to sharing them with you all soon and the World builder is just around the corner for all you map makers :)
20 Sep 2013, 07:02 AM

Thanks Eagleheart, great news. Can't wait for the worldbuilder to come out :)
20 Sep 2013, 07:34 AM

Cheers Eagleheart tytyty :)
21 Sep 2013, 07:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I thoroughly enjoy both. My favorite part of winter maps is the frozen rivers, which makes troop movement so much easier (Rhzev spring, ugh.)

I agree that blizzards could be less frequent, but I do enjoy the game play elements it provides. Most people hunker down during blizzard, and you can sometimes catch them with their pants down huddled around a fire.
21 Sep 2013, 10:26 AM

I like the winter maps myself but I know a lot of players don't so I think an even mix is best. I also enjoy the summer maps and they were part of the Ostfront as well. I think that Winter maps create more babysitting micro with the snow drifts, blizzards and finding or building fires to keep warm but that helps keep my mind moving fast and improves my focus overall. At most I lose the odd member of a squad if I'm in a huge battle but I can usually find a building, halftrack or fire when needed. The icons on the upper right and audible ques about freezing give me enough warning.

As some have said the Fire radius could be enlarged but I feel by 33% but not more than 50% or it's pointless. I don't know about whether competitive scene jives with heavy Blizzard maps and casters don't like them because they can't see but I for one prefer to play my own game and enjoy the immersion/true sight before what a caster and audience sees after the match. (I know I may get flamed for that) It's a game and that aspect needs to be there if the blizzards and cold tech are a game mechanic.

It would be nice to remove the blizzard effect during replays but I don't see that as an easy option. Thanks for asking us Matt
21 Sep 2013, 15:42 PM

I would prefer to see more spring map's, but I didn't mind more winter maps too :).

My only problem with blizzards Is very small campfire radius, they often barely fit one squad and are like magnet for blind mortar shells.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★