Login

russian armor

Winter or Spring Maps [Developer]

11 Sep 2013, 02:02 AM

Please no winter maps! Ugh...
11 Sep 2013, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 01:54 AMDmeets
Sprint or summer maps, please. Preferably urban
Is it possible to not decrease visibility so much during blizzards? I'm fine that units see less, but the effect really makes the game look too gray. Also I agree with the comment about blizzards being too frequent

+1
11 Sep 2013, 02:24 AM

Definetely summer maps.
The blizzards are okay, but they don't really change how I play. They just add more micromanagement, which I think might annoy newer players.
11 Sep 2013, 02:44 AM

I like them both, but the blizzard on the winter map seems to make me play more passively.
11 Sep 2013, 02:53 AM

All Blizzard maps cause a large FPS drop for all my friends. Therefore they dislike them very much. Summer maps have a better performance in addition to nothing interfering with gameplay/micro except for you're own mistakes etc. Who ever came up with the Winter being an aesthetic like Winter Semois, is a genius. This is what we need more of. Whoever came up with Winter Semois = massive winner.
11 Sep 2013, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 02:53 AMRogers
All Blizzard maps cause a large FPS drop for all my friends. Therefore they dislike them very much. Summer maps have a better performance in addition to nothing interfering with gameplay/micro except for you're own mistakes etc. Who ever came up with the Winter being an aesthetic like Winter Semois, is a genius. This is what we need more of. Whoever came up with Winter Semois = massive winner.

I strongly suspect Eagleheart is to blame!
11 Sep 2013, 04:54 AM

11 Sep 2013, 05:27 AM

I like the current trend of making both a winter and a summer version of the maps that are introduced, and I like that approach even better when there are resource and and vp placement adjustments for greater divergence. I like blizzards, though I don't object at all to reducing their frequency. The first one comes about the right time, but the rest could come a little later to reduce the overall number within the course of a game.

They do slow the game "some" but they don't do it in a way that is unrewarding...the play gets more methodical for a moment, and that's only if shit isn't hitting the fan when the blizzard kicks in. The best part about them is the reduced vision which makes moving around pretty tense, and could pay off for a player lying in ambush or a player who gets in behind an enemy's line.

That does suck that some people have performance issues in the blizzard though. I understand that frustration with them.
11 Sep 2013, 05:29 AM

11 Sep 2013, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 00:28 AMlink0
I don't dislike winter maps, EXCEPT for their inclusion of blizzards. I really think blizzards should be much fewer. It's way too common right now. Blizzards absolutely slow the gameplay down. They also kill the fps on most machines.

Also, winter maps have too much deep snow, which hurts Russians more than Germans.

+1
11 Sep 2013, 06:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Spring maps. I'm not even talking about balance, but the winter maps just look boring with all the white and grey colors.
11 Sep 2013, 06:29 AM

Summer maps please. The winter effects are nice but the deep snow especially slows down the action too much and should be used very sparingly. For instance on Langres winter, there's way too much snow on the right side which makes it hard for the S player to attack since he first has to wade through all the snow.

In a way it feels a bit like playing a river map, funnels the action too much and limits the attack paths. It's certainly realistic and well done technically but I feel it's a little overused right now.

11 Sep 2013, 06:32 AM
Patrion 14

I would like a ratio of 66% summer maps and 33% winter. If there are less blizzards and or some more wintermaps without blizzard 50/50 is ok.
11 Sep 2013, 06:53 AM
Patrion 14

I have no problem with winter maps, or blizzards. I do have a problem with the deep snow on them however. A little bit isn't a problem really, but the amount that's in Langres really slows early game down.
11 Sep 2013, 07:02 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- Rzhev summer, is an unbalanced map that to take tank to centerVP must cross the water, in winter this does not happen because the river is for both sides.
- City17, is an unbalanced map many houses. Mgs can garrison and other units, it really is a problem too many houses.
- City17, summer/winter Not this one corrected the spam of these maps.
- SomeMaps, Bunkers and trees obstruct the spam and in some cases they lie on roads.
- Bunkers, In some maps they get to some point of capture and the enemy receives shots of a bunker of the enemy base.
11 Sep 2013, 07:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Ignore my previous post.. Just played on Semoskiy winter --> Please more maps like that :thumb:
11 Sep 2013, 07:14 AM
Donator 22

Summer maps <444>3 :)
11 Sep 2013, 07:15 AM

Spring maps are definitely more vCoHish, maybe thats why I like them more.
I cant seem to use deep snow and blizard strategically (yet) so they are mostly anoying features in 1v1 which encourage a more passive gameplay.
I noticed this especially on Langreskaya winter, where the deep snow makes it really hard to micro units (it makes the map especially sniper friendly).
11 Sep 2013, 08:22 AM

winter maps, but without blizzards!
11 Sep 2013, 08:43 AM
Donator 33

To sum up; Blizzards needs a serious look at.

Also, I am a geenjus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS