Login

russian armor

Nerf this shit already!

10 Sep 2013, 15:18 PM

Permanently Banned
T70 is just a touch too effective vs Shreks.

This has been discussed before at length, and in order not to cripple the T70 in its other AI functions, particularly vs Support teams, we concluded on a small range nerf for T70, to slighlty below Shrek range.

Logic behind this being that T70 can do its thing otherwise vs other infantry/support, but so that Shreks can get atleast one shot off at an overextending T70, without it shootinf th2m to shit just slightky outside their range, or constantly resetting the Shrek firing by slightly moving back.

Its a very minor change, that doesnt really affect anything else, but an important one at that timing.
10 Sep 2013, 15:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 14:36 PMPorygon

Saying the truth, I really hate the meta of COH2 now and would like to go back to COH1 in no time, but the shit like steam version meaning COH1 is finally dead

Yeah, I can only agree that CoH2 meta- speaking of 1vs1- is seriously one of the most boring stuff I have ever encoutered during my gaming time. But 2vs2 is in my opinion, by far, funnier, more challenging and less frustrating than 1vs1.

Having that said, I nevertheless hope that CoH1 will be revived (since Noun stated that they work towards a solution), for it features a more complicated and in-depth metagame, which was more challenging. Thus I got never bored of CoH1.
10 Sep 2013, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 14:11 PMKingAnj
IMO, T70 is the only 'sure thing' russians have against early mg42s & early pgrens.

mgs come from t1... I was just wondering, what do you consider an "early" mg42? :S

In regards to dropping all the schrecks, is why they should upgrade 1 at a time instead of forcing 2. This is a no brainer, and I don't understand why it hasn't been changed still.
10 Sep 2013, 15:57 PM

I'm here to expose my thoughts about the current balance and where's it is going. Some people (on twitch, steam, and some fan forums) said it was useless to post here since people:

-Polite form- on that forum are not clearly representative of all COH players.
-impolite form- because that balance section is the home of some nazi hardcore fanboys reponsibles for destroying the balance atm.
13 Sep 2013, 03:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with Kv 8 just get a panther or 2 p4s and your problem is solved. They die so easy to 2 p4s it aint even funny. When you see a kv8 just stop building inf. Dont be daft.Relic wanted it to be a wtf kill machine to match the op ness of the ostheer scout car and fht. You need 2 su 85s to deal with one fht or it will kill your entire army. Dealing with t70s are so easy to deal with now. In my opinion they need a massive buff. If you have a tiger you can kill a t70 in 1 and a half shots. Its so easy.
13 Sep 2013, 04:49 AM

There is nothing wrong with Kv 8 just get a panther or 2 p4s and your problem is solved. They die so easy to 2 p4s it aint even funny. When you see a kv8 just stop building inf. Dont be daft.Relic wanted it to be a wtf kill machine to match the op ness of the ostheer scout car and fht. You need 2 su 85s to deal with one fht or it will kill your entire army. Dealing with t70s are so easy to deal with now. In my opinion they need a massive buff. If you have a tiger you can kill a t70 in 1 and a half shots. Its so easy.

Okay you win, I can't tell if you're serious or not.
13 Sep 2013, 04:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the t70 can't run over infantry anymore so yes it did get nerfed. ;)
13 Sep 2013, 06:08 AM

T70 nerf arent enough imo: needs either range or accuracy nerf

KV8 needs huge nerf in its anti-infantry capabilities

not sure why people complain about nowadays balance, much better than it has ever been before!! good job relic (for once)
13 Sep 2013, 06:48 AM

KV-8: Yes.

T-70: No.
13 Sep 2013, 08:07 AM

T70 needs it's target size increased so Paks and schrecks can hit it more reliably. Alternatively slightly increase Pak's cone of fire. I'd like to see Pak being the counter to T70, like Pak vs m8 matchup in vCoh.

That being said, upgunned scoutcars can deal with T70s pretty well.
13 Sep 2013, 08:26 AM
Patrion 14

Pak needs to hit targets better overall... that would be a better end to start in.
raw
13 Sep 2013, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 14:11 PMKingAnj

IMO, T70 is the only 'sure thing' russians have against early mg42s & early pgrens.

Depends, if OH controls a single fuel point, the room to nagivate for the T70 is maybe a minute or two. If he uses Opels or builds a fuel cache you must skip out on T70 and go directly to T-34 and then get a good engagement with guards + mark tarket + ram when the German is stupid as usual and overextends his PzIV. If he isn't stupid, good luck and may god have mercy on your soul.

Also, if OH controls one ammo point or an ammo cache or an Opel Truck, he will almost always have Panzershrecks.
13 Sep 2013, 10:06 AM
Benefactor 115

I'm not sure what game you guys are playing but t70 definitely can't kite vs shrecks, they have the same range. and yes, they hit it quite realiably.
only thing you can do is wait for them to fire, attack move, reverse before they fire and repeat. If they are charging it's very risky
13 Sep 2013, 11:45 AM
Donator 22

offtopic: dude you can't compare the t70 with a tiger....when hits the t70 the field and when the tiger ?!

ontoppic: Yesterday I killed a t70 with my upgunned 222.The scoutcar combined with some grens. thats all what you need ;)
13 Sep 2013, 13:35 PM

LOL new soviet troll account warning ....

This guy is hilarious. Telling to combat T70 with a late game doctrinal unit ROFLMAO.
This is like telling soviets to use ISU152 to combat the FHT.
13 Sep 2013, 14:40 PM

LOL new soviet troll account warning ....

This guy is hilarious. Telling to combat T70 with a late game doctrinal unit ROFLMAO.
This is like telling soviets to use ISU152 to combat the FHT.

Guys, sarcasm. In the other thread he said that the role of MG42 is to boil tea or something like that. If anything, German troll.
raw
13 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM

Then don't and combat them with
- Mines
- Grenadiers
- Panzergrenadiers
- 222 AC
- Stugs
- Ostwind
- Panzer IV
- Panther
- Brummbär
13 Sep 2013, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2013, 15:05 PMraw

Then don't and combat them with
- Mines
- Grenadiers
- Panzergrenadiers
- 222 AC
- Stugs
- Ostwind
- Panzer IV
- Panther
- Brummbär

Mines ? LOL try planting them as Germans (oh i forgot you dont ever play them)

Grens ? LOLz did u know t70 can shoot them from standoff range

Pgrens ? Same as above

AC 222 ? LOL LOL LOL. pls lets do a 1 v 1 matchup. Scout car vs t70 so we can end this amazing argument.

StuGs/ostwinds/pz4 ? T3 unit which by the time it comes out t70 has done its job of map control

Panther/Brummbar ? ok now the soviet bias really shows in you.T4 unit which comes out earliest 10 mins after a t70 LOL

Comrade stalin will be proud. keep up the good work for the communist party raw.
13 Sep 2013, 16:27 PM

Shreks hit the T70 reliably, the Pak and Zis need some accuracy buff.

I think flame units like the KV8 still need work. There needs to be some drastic reduction of flame efficacy against retreating units, since losing retreating squads to FHTs/KV8s/flamers in clown cars is pretty lame. Apparently the normal accuracy reduction during retreat does not apply to flame attacks, which should really be addressed.

Yeah I said it in the KV-8 thread, retreating should give you a bonus against flame attacks because this is mostly the problem, killing units that are retreating. Or give flamethrowers a longer burst but with lower damage or something
13 Sep 2013, 16:43 PM

Shreks hit the T70 reliably, the Pak and Zis need some accuracy buff.

they hit a t70 the same amount as another other AT weapon. 35% at far range and 70% at near range. you might be able to scare a t70 away if you have enough infantry rushing it, but 1 pgren squad usually wont win that fight unless the soviet is bad or the german gets lucky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %