Login

russian armor

Snipers vs buildings

6 Sep 2013, 18:36 PM

So as far as i know snipers have 40% accuracy vs units in buildings which is really retarded imo.

I think it would be far better for the gameplay if they had 100% accuracy.
The game is currently dominated by buildings because they basically give godmode and its simply stupid and not fun at all to play against for either faction.

its very annoying to watch snipers miss several times vs buildings and there is nothing you can do about it, its pure luck

The RNG elements in this game have too much of an effect on the game already (molotovs often doing nothing even against stationary mgs or instakilling 2 members, mortars, rifle grenades destroying full hp buildings, anti tank guns often missing etc.)

imo changing snipers accuracy to 100% vs buildings would help to make the game more enjoyable by giving control to the player and reducing the insane amount of RNG

It would reduce the building domination a little and also make the german sniper more viable

6 Sep 2013, 23:27 PM

Yea the funny thing about it is...snipers are basically shooting at stationary units within windows.

Why would they not have more accuracy vs these units, than units running outside on the move?
7 Sep 2013, 05:20 AM

While I completely agree with your sentiments. 100% is far too high. Something like 85% would be a bit less rage inducing. (Full disclosure: I exclusively play soviet, and I think I micro snipers better than a good amount of people.)

I can pretty consistently get over 200 or 300% efficiency with my snipers. I feel like 100% accuracy at buildings would be a complete shutout.
7 Sep 2013, 05:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge

My guess is that if Snipers returned to CoH1 levels of effectiveness versus garrisoned structures, it would infringe on the niche of the mortar too significantly.
7 Sep 2013, 06:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I disagree.

Infantry needs somewhere to hide from Snipers.
The 40%, is fine.

Buildings are however too durable against ordnance.
(Barring the unpredictable, and presumably unintended, one hit collapses.)
7 Sep 2013, 06:33 AM
Patrion 14

I disagree.

The 40%, is fine.

+1
7 Sep 2013, 07:30 AM
Patrion 14

Buildings are not durable at all. Even the church of Semois can go down with two rifle nades. I don't often see a building that's still there after 4 nades.

Imo the problem isn't the durability of the buildings, but rather the absurd amount of cover it provides for infantry compared to CoH1.

I don't think snipers should be much more powerful against units in buildings btw. That role should be for flamethrowers/mortars/explosives. But it should be easier in general to get units out of a building.
7 Sep 2013, 08:30 AM

They should remove building crits while they are at it. Talk about the worst kind of RNG.
7 Sep 2013, 09:34 AM

In my opinion, that’s also connected with the MG42. Units in buildings are fine as it is. But MG42 in a house,..is annoying and much too powerful atm.
7 Sep 2013, 12:00 PM

Half agree.

I'd like to see small arms vs houses improved, MGs in buildings having less range (to make sniper micro against them less problematic) and buildings less likely to get one-shotted by a mortar or riflenade. After that, I think a sniper accuracy increase against buildings (higher for the German sniper, say) would be a nice addition.
7 Sep 2013, 12:03 PM

hi holyhammer, yes....

I though someone bump up my post, glad someone agree with me......
7 Sep 2013, 12:08 PM

Snipers vs units in buildings should be buffed (especially if they're shooting out of the windows the sniper is facing. This would nullify one of your comments here. Infantry doesn't have the capability to "hide" in buildings. That isn't in this game. To think that a rifle squad can out shoot a sniper at range because of a 40% rng in a building is pure stupidity. I would say 70-75% would be a workable number of snipers outside of buildings attacking units inside of buildings. Right now, the Ost sniper is completely cost ineffective - there is 0 point in making one.

On the other hand, I also think that garrisoning snipers IN a building should give them an enhanced effect (either LoS/Range or reload speed). I believe the church on vcoh semois for example gave extra los to the sniper but I am not sure. The fickleness of building collapses would provide the tradeoff. For 340 mp the sniper should be high risk/high reward. Right now (Ostheer really) it's just High risk.
7 Sep 2013, 13:02 PM

So as far as i know snipers have 40% accuracy vs units in buildings which is really retarded imo.

I think it would be far better for the gameplay if they had 100% accuracy.
The game is currently dominated by buildings because they basically give godmode and its simply stupid and not fun at all to play against for either faction.

its very annoying to watch snipers miss several times vs buildings and there is nothing you can do about it, its pure luck

The RNG elements in this game have too much of an effect on the game already (molotovs often doing nothing even against stationary mgs or instakilling 2 members, mortars, rifle grenades destroying full hp buildings, anti tank guns often missing etc.)

imo changing snipers accuracy to 100% vs buildings would help to make the game more enjoyable by giving control to the player and reducing the insane amount of RNG

It would reduce the building domination a little and also make the german sniper more viable

I suggest that he get 100% chance if the enemy squad is full like 4/4 members and have it's chance decrease all the way to 40% as he reduce them to 1. Logically, it would seem should harder to kill the last man in a building...
7 Sep 2013, 13:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Snipers vs units in buildings should be buffed (especially if they're shooting out of the windows the sniper is facing. This would nullify one of your comments here. Infantry doesn't have the capability to "hide" in buildings. That isn't in this game.

If this was directed at me, you took the "hide" far too literally, and didnt nullify anything.
Nowhere, nohow and in no way did I even remotely claim that "hide" means to be completely obscured from view.
Buildings exist in the game. They are the hardest cover in the game, and yes, that needs to reflect especially on Snipers, against how otherwise infantry has no recourse but autoretreat.

Infantry need somewhere to go when faced with Snipers, other than auto-retreating.

Even when in the building, they are a static target, and will continue to suffer attrition at range in which they cannot return fire.

Id think this to be common sense. Your unit getting shot at by a Sniper? Get your ass into a building asap.

The correct way to fix buildings, is:
-Fix the random collapse.
-Reduce building HP.

Flamers work fine as building clearers, and are the designated counter to units within them, and readily available.
Ordnance for taking out the structure itself.
Small arms dmg is fine. 40% cover is not a problem.
Snipers have no business 100% hitting models in them.
They are a infantry counter already in the field, they dont need it vs buildings too.
8 Sep 2013, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2013, 08:30 AMlink0
They should remove building crits while they are at it. Talk about the worst kind of RNG.

+1
9 Sep 2013, 04:21 AM

If this was directed at me, you took the "hide" far too literally, and didnt nullify anything.
Nowhere, nohow and in no way did I even remotely claim that "hide" means to be completely obscured from view.
Buildings exist in the game. They are the hardest cover in the game, and yes, that needs to reflect especially on Snipers, against how otherwise infantry has no recourse but autoretreat.

Infantry need somewhere to go when faced with Snipers, other than auto-retreating.

Even when in the building, they are a static target, and will continue to suffer attrition at range in which they cannot return fire.

Id think this to be common sense. Your unit getting shot at by a Sniper? Get your ass into a building asap.

The correct way to fix buildings, is:
-Fix the random collapse.
-Reduce building HP.

Flamers work fine as building clearers, and are the designated counter to units within them, and readily available.
Ordnance for taking out the structure itself.
Small arms dmg is fine. 40% cover is not a problem.
Snipers have no business 100% hitting models in them.
They are a infantry counter already in the field, they dont need it vs buildings too.

For reference,

how many games have you played, and what is your level? Numbers and stats please as I don't care if you classify yourself as a "mid-level" player. I've never seen a game of you playing, period. I don't think you really have enough experience in the game to make any conclusions tbh
9 Sep 2013, 05:41 AM

Permanently Banned

For reference,

how many games have you played, and what is your level? Numbers and stats please as I don't care if you classify yourself as a "mid-level" player. I've never seen a game of you playing, period. I don't think you really have enough experience in the game to make any conclusions tbh

Typical.

"I have nothing to counter with on-topic so I try to divert to ad hominem".

Try again.

And you not having directed your earlier post to me directly though it was, impliedly, addressed to me, is flat out cowardly, pathetic and "bitchy" behavior.
9 Sep 2013, 07:04 AM

I disagree.

The 40%, is fine.

You play only for the Germans, and therefore your comments are meaningless ...
Complete nonsense - when your sniper 3 minutes killing MG in the house!!!
9 Sep 2013, 07:14 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2013, 07:04 AMIneedS

You play only for the Germans, and therefore your comments are meaningless ...
Complete nonsense - when your sniper 3 minutes killing MG in the house!!!

Building cover is the same for every unit firing at every unit in a building regardless of faction.

You fucking fail at logic. Nice first post from you.
Now, fuck off with your ad hominem.
9 Sep 2013, 07:23 AM

While I completely agree with your sentiments. 100% is far too high. Something like 85% would be a bit less rage inducing. (Full disclosure: I exclusively play soviet, and I think I micro snipers better than a good amount of people.)

I can pretty consistently get over 200 or 300% efficiency with my snipers. I feel like 100% accuracy at buildings would be a complete shutout.

Soviet Snipers requiring "Good Micro" that's the first I have heard about that. Micro some German snipers for a while pal and see how you go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS