Login

russian armor

Should mechanical break-downs be added?

5 Sep 2013, 21:04 PM

COH2 isn't really a historically accurate game. It is rather inspired by history, and well so.

But maybe one significant historical effect should be added to the game: break downs or failures of mechanical equipment.

This is something that played a large role on the easfront. For example with tanks, and it overthrew quite some plans and operations.

Now, I'm not suggesting to let this have a major impact of the game, so please do not go nuts over this suggestion. For now, it's just a consideration.

How it should be implemented and to which extend, is left open at this stage. But my opinion is, that it could be interesting because as the end-game is right now, it relies a lot on armoured columns. Tanks should be less reliable.It would add more nerve to the game that there is a chance that your heaviest investments might fail for a short time?

And it would increase the value of infantry in the late-game if artillery can fire duds. Or even in the early game if MGs can jam?

Let's face it: Dices are allready rolled in this game. I'm not in favour of making it totally russian roulette, but perhaps redistributing some of the randomeness to mechanical failures might be worth a thought?
5 Sep 2013, 21:15 PM

It *sounds* kind of neat, but I'd expect those sorts of mechanics to just end up frustrating players.
5 Sep 2013, 23:20 PM
Senior Caster Badge

lol no
5 Sep 2013, 23:27 PM

I don't think what we need is more RNG.

It could be part of some ToW missions (defend the tank until the engine works again) but other than that... nah.
5 Sep 2013, 23:48 PM
Donator 11

yeah cool maybe for singleplayer but not multiplayer or competitive games.
6 Sep 2013, 00:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

im probably the only one wondering this but... does anyone happen to know what crack he is smoking. (i want some :P)
6 Sep 2013, 00:08 AM

lol you want more non-reasonable rage-generating-factor from COH2?
6 Sep 2013, 01:51 AM

it will turn coh2 into a circus.
6 Sep 2013, 03:00 AM

This is a joke, right?
6 Sep 2013, 03:22 AM

6 Sep 2013, 05:00 AM

Worst idea ever. I want to kick you in the face for even suggesting to add more game deciding RNGs.
6 Sep 2013, 05:05 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2013, 05:00 AMlink0
I want to kick you in the face for even suggesting to add more game deciding RNGs.

Kick someone in the face for a suggestion?

Nice.
6 Sep 2013, 05:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It would make for an interesting mod.
6 Sep 2013, 05:48 AM

how about introducing side armor first?
6 Sep 2013, 06:13 AM

Kick someone in the face for a suggestion?

Nice.

Luckily I'm a good guy, and stopped myself.
6 Sep 2013, 06:14 AM

it would be awesome, we could have another unit that would be dedicated to bringing tanks to the base where we could build a repair garage, i also would expect to see cool realistic animations of mechanics trying to fix the vehicles, and to be more realistic these repairs should take hours/days/weeks to fix
6 Sep 2013, 06:51 AM

bringing tanks to the base where we could build a repair garage, i also would expect to see cool realistic animations of mechanics trying to fix the vehicles

You're crazy, we don't actually build cool looking buildings with animations in coh2, it's just a static bunch of different sized dirt holes in the ground. Don't try to break our improved design concepts just to implement a different awesome idea, how dare you.
6 Sep 2013, 11:26 AM

Now, I'm not suggesting to let this have a major impact of the game, so please do not go nuts over this suggestion.

Did any of you read more than the topic, I Wonder?
6 Sep 2013, 12:10 PM

It is rather inspired by history, and well so.
I loled. Su-85 didn´t outrange German tanks. It was pretty much the other way around. Germans had better optics, crews and whatnot. ISU-152 could fire like once a minute, not every 10 seconds. Even for an only inspired game that´s not top notch. They kinda flipped the roles with Russians generally outranging the Germans.

Let me guess what this suggestion is about. German tanks are supposed to break down more often than the T-34? Am I right? Well, if we hit this level of realism I want the highest range possible on Panthers and very accurate shots for the Germans (right now the 88 strangely misses a lot on high range).

Right now your tanks drive around with a damaged engine like half the time anyway. As soon as they hit combat they get mined, fausted, at-naded or the crew shocked. So, I don´t like this suggestion.
6 Sep 2013, 15:27 PM

You didn't read it either. And you even used a quote in the wrong context.

Where did I say anything about the SU85? Where did I say this had anything to do with (un)balancing?

I'm seriously disappointed by the quality of replies here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight