Login

russian armor

Artillery officer

2 Sep 2013, 10:03 AM

What type of armor/crits does he have? Vcoh officer could swallow sniper hits.
2 Sep 2013, 10:59 AM

Afaik it's like a regular grenadier squad with additonal abilites that only work if the officer entity is alive.
3 Sep 2013, 10:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 10:59 AMQvazar
...if the officer entity is alive.

Can the officer die? What happens in that case?

Something to note, the squad doesn't have any heavy weapon slots (or at least not enough to pick up a panzershreck).
3 Sep 2013, 10:18 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Can the officer die?

Yes. It is worth targeting the Colonel, if you see him.

What happens in that case?

If the Colonel cops it, you lose the squad's additional abilities, even if the other members of the squad survive. e.g. concentrated fire, victor target etc so,you have to resurrect the dead Colonel to get back the abilities - I think Colonel comes back first on reinforcement, if dead

Something to note, the squad doesn't have any heavy weapon slots (or at least not enough to pick up a panzershreck).

Yeah. That's a bummer. It's quite fun though, seeing the Colonel helping man a weapons team.
13 Sep 2013, 15:02 PM

Yes. It is worth targeting the Colonel, if you see him.

If the Colonel cops it, you lose the squad's additional abilities, even if the other members of the squad survive. e.g. concentrated fire, victor target etc so,you have to resurrect the dead Colonel to get back the abilities - I think Colonel comes back first on reinforcement, if dead

Yeah. That's a bummer. It's quite fun though, seeing the Colonel helping man a weapons team.

lol, and then you'll get another colonel with reinforcements. No sign of officer shortage I guess.
16 Sep 2013, 12:56 PM

Hey there.
Actually I like the officer. Its a pretty valid unit and I prefer him over a 3rd or 4th Gren squad whenever I can, cause he is an excellent support unit.

I will give a brief overview to you statswise.

The squad consists as you already mentioned here of said officer and 3 regular Grenadiers (80HP, 1.5 armor, Kar98K). Though having 4 weapon slots the squad is not allowed to pick up weapons.

Code
"squad_item_slot_ext": {
"$REF": "sbpextensions\\squad_item_slot_ext.lua",
[b]"can_pick_up": false,[/b]
"num_slots": 4
},

The officer himself: has 80HP, 4 armor, Luger P08 9mm pistol.

The armor of 4 is the highest value on an infantry entity. At Vet2 this multiplicates to an armor of 9 (more than a Scout Car) which makes him super resilient to small arms fire (but beware, flame, ballistic, explosive weapons).

Vet for the officer squad is granted at the same rate as Grenadiers (480, 960, 1920). Vet1 ability is the Medkit as for all other infantry.

The squads abilities are as known Inspire, Smoke Artillery and Victor Target (don't remember the ingame name). These abilities are bound on the officer. when he dies the abilities are lost until reinforce (really no shortage on Wehrmacht officers it seems :) )

Code
"death_actions": [
{
"$REF": "action\\upgrade_remove.lua",
"apply_to_entities_in_squad": true,
"upgrade": "officer_abilities"
}
],

Inspire is what makes the officer such a good support in my eyes.
Cost: 15 munition
Radius: 20
Durarion: 20 sec
Accuracy: *1.15
Reload: *0.85
Cooldown: *0.85

And its granted to ALL allied units inside the radius, not just infantry!

The drawback of the officer is most likely his weapon:
Damage: 16
Range: 0 - 35
Accuracy: 17% - 0.33%
Aim time: 0.5 + 0.5 (before and after, +0.5 near)
Cooldown: 1.4 - 1.7 sec
Reload: 4 - 4.5 sec (every 7 bullets)

It has the same damage and shoots faster than a Kar98K but won't hit that much cause of its worse accuarcy. It's weaker but not that bad at all.

Hope I could help you a little.

Regards
ace
16 Sep 2013, 13:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

They dont have faust and lmg right?
So vetting them up seems pretty hard. Very handy unit especially when you have artillery
16 Sep 2013, 13:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

They dont have faust and lmg right?

That's correct: no faust, no lmg.

I watched Stephenn stream a game the other day where he used Officer smoke to block the LoS of the Soviet players base MGs and then base-rushed with all of his infantry buffed them with Coordinated Fire. It didn't exactly work, but it was still pretty cool :D
16 Sep 2013, 16:59 PM

Luger is, oddly enough, superior to Kar98 at all ranges except extremely long ones (33+ range).

So, the only DPS loss this squad is suffering, is the lack of MG42.

Kar98

Luger
16 Sep 2013, 20:16 PM

Luger is, oddly enough, superior to Kar98 at all ranges except extremely long ones (33+ range).

So, the only DPS loss this squad is suffering, is the lack of MG42.

Kar98

Luger

Well, that's funny.
16 Sep 2013, 20:53 PM

Nice breakdown ace4sure, thanks.

The coh2 officer looks more viable than the one guy in vcoh.
17 Sep 2013, 19:22 PM
Patrion 310

How are accuracy calculated?
Such as Grenadier LMG42, accuracy 0.53 (near) + Inspire 1.15.
17 Sep 2013, 19:22 PM

I just checked the numbers again.
Yeah it seems right that the Luger compensates its bad accuracy with its faster firing rate, mainly because of no winddown.

That just enforces my experience even more: its a really viable unit and by no means inferior to a regular Grenadier squad. Sure no Panzerfaust and no Rifle Grenade but better survivabilty and awesome support abilities.

Regards
ace
17 Sep 2013, 19:49 PM
Patrion 14

I also recommend using the artillery officer in games where you can afford to have a couple of panzerwerfers, usually teamgames. The victor target (also forgot the name of the ability) costs 80 munitions, but can be fired without consideration to where your panzerwerfers are. So you could hit across the map. The more werfers the merrier. And the best part, you can instantly fire your panzerwerfers again. This pummels soviet infantry, Zis, and can also make a dent on Su85s.

Problem is to get the squad close enough. What I like to do is to move them up far on the map where I suspect the enemy will be moving or keep their units. I keep the squad hid behind bushes, houses or whatever, let other units scout. When the enemy is advancing, or you found a nice defensive blob, pop the barrage and move the unit to safety. Love it.
19 Sep 2013, 03:47 AM

Hey there.
Actually I like the officer. Its a pretty valid unit and I prefer him over a 3rd or 4th Gren squad whenever I can, cause he is an excellent support unit.

I will give a brief overview to you statswise.

The squad consists as you already mentioned here of said officer and 3 regular Grenadiers (80HP, 1.5 armor, Kar98K). Though having 4 weapon slots the squad is not allowed to pick up weapons.

Code
"squad_item_slot_ext": {
"$REF": "sbpextensions\\squad_item_slot_ext.lua",
[b]"can_pick_up": false,[/b]
"num_slots": 4
},

The officer himself: has 80HP, 4 armor, Luger P08 9mm pistol.

The armor of 4 is the highest value on an infantry entity. At Vet2 this multiplicates to an armor of 9 (more than a Scout Car) which makes him super resilient to small arms fire (but beware, flame, ballistic, explosive weapons).

Vet for the officer squad is granted at the same rate as Grenadiers (480, 960, 1920). Vet1 ability is the Medkit as for all other infantry.

The squads abilities are as known Inspire, Smoke Artillery and Victor Target (don't remember the ingame name). These abilities are bound on the officer. when he dies the abilities are lost until reinforce (really no shortage on Wehrmacht officers it seems :) )

Code
"death_actions": [
{
"$REF": "action\\upgrade_remove.lua",
"apply_to_entities_in_squad": true,
"upgrade": "officer_abilities"
}
],

The drawback of the officer is most likely his weapon:
Damage: 16
Range: 0 - 35
Accuracy: 17% - 0.33%
Aim time: 0.5 + 0.5 (before and after, +0.5 near)
Cooldown: 1.4 - 1.7 sec
Reload: 4 - 4.5 sec (every 7 bullets)

It has the same damage and shoots faster than a Kar98K but won't hit that much cause of its worse accuarcy. It's weaker but not that bad at all.

Hope I could help you a little.

Regards
ace

+1 cheers, and thanks
19 Sep 2013, 05:39 AM

Best thread on CoH2.org, great info in here. Thanks guys =)
30 Sep 2013, 01:51 AM

What has changed in the new patch? Particularly for the inspire abillity.
30 Sep 2013, 03:09 AM

How does the victor target ability work with mortars? Can it be used to fire mortars across the map?

I don't really understand the ability all that well in general. I only remember how it works for the British officer in opposing fronts.
30 Sep 2013, 04:33 AM

All mortar/le96/panzerwerfers shoot at the location (usually several barrages), if the location is within 2x of their own ranges.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment