Login

russian armor

Sick/bored of MG42 -.-

PAGES (17)down
2 Sep 2013, 05:33 AM

Watch these video clips then please explain to me how this is considered to be balanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Mb1UqZH0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC4_G5V96bM

2 Sep 2013, 05:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 05:33 AMBelwar
Watch these video clips then please explain to me how this is considered to be balanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC4_G5V96bM

It isn't and your videos show the two main problems: how bad molotov is and how un-flank-able mg42 is.

Thanks for posting
2 Sep 2013, 06:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Another fake account.

FYI, HMGs are meant to counter infantry.
Try not approaching INSIDE the arc.
2 Sep 2013, 06:48 AM

Remove suppression bulletin and increase all small arms damage; problem fixed.
2 Sep 2013, 08:01 AM

These are horrible examples. I've seen others that really do show that they are overpowered, but in these you mostly got outplayed. The mgs started packing up well before they were in danger and in one you attacked head on.

I do believe that the mg could use a little nerf, but these videos do not show why very well.
2 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM

Flanking is getting addressed soon i hear. Increase of small arms fire across the board will be great. Only problem they have to consider is small arms against light vehicles which might kill them too quickly if small arms do a lot more damage. M3's and un-vetted 221/222 already take a lot of small arms damage.

I don't know how rifles vs light vehicles work, but maybe they should decrease the penetration chance if they increase damage.
2 Sep 2013, 15:19 PM

Another fake account.

I'd rather read the commentary from 1,000 so-called "fake accounts" then read another vapid post of yours. It's always the same crap from you; every single post.
2 Sep 2013, 15:32 PM

OP, you got completely outplayed in both vids making them a waste of time. However, here are some ideas to nerf the MG without making it ineffective:

1. Increase the setup time of all stationery weapons (maybe not AT)
2. Decrease the walk speed of the MG42
3. Slightly increase the cost of the MG42
2 Sep 2013, 15:46 PM

Only real problem I see is that they somehow managed to ruin the effect of flanking and the reward for managing to outmanouver enemy heavy weapons. This ruins much of the game for both sides and I really hope they fix it.

The problem in my oppinion isnt the MG but that they ruined this crucial game mechanic that worked great in vCOH.
2 Sep 2013, 16:40 PM

Another fake account.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971504192

if this is really your stats, then whatever you say does not mean anything.
2 Sep 2013, 16:49 PM

First video is pretty bad play.

Second one illustrates the problem better (that small arms fire doesn't do much after the molotov makes it pack up and that German players can keep a flanked MG-42 in the field too long). A general damage modifier for small arms fire against weapons teams might be a good solution. I'm not sure whether a range drop for the MGs might help (currently there's not a lot of distance between sniper range and their arcs).

Everybody knows about the MG-42 balance issue. Most German players absolutely agree that it's a problem (whereas a lot of the Soviet fans on here tend to dismiss problems by raising problems elsewhere in the balance, which is deeply unhelpful). PQ said they were looking at solutions to it in the last patch but it still had to go through the pipeline. Whether it will be fixed properly, it's almost certainly going to be changed next patch. And people can fuss about the balance of it more productively then.
2 Sep 2013, 16:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Both Maxim and MG42 should be 3 men, problem solved.
2 Sep 2013, 17:02 PM

Both Maxim and MG42 should be 3 men, problem solved.

+1 and mortar teams, too
2 Sep 2013, 17:14 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 05:33 AMBelwar

your micro was probably not the best one ;) You can't run straight into the MG42.
And yeah everybody knows about the MG42 issues :)

2 Sep 2013, 17:53 PM

Everybody knows about the MG-42 balance issue. Most German players absolutely agree that it's a problem (whereas a lot of the Soviet fans on here tend to dismiss problems by raising problems elsewhere in the balance, which is deeply unhelpful).

+1

Hit the nail right on the head, Blovski.
2 Sep 2013, 18:21 PM

The first video, I'm not suggesting my micro was a work of art. But really, that critical location on the map can be covered 100% by a single MG42, he ate TWO molotovs directly in the face, he moved locations 3 times and he lost ZERO men. To the best of my knowledge, molotovs primary use is supposed to be MG42 countering and when an MG42 can eat two of them (30 munitions, not counting hooray), spot on and suffer basically no consequences; to me there is a problem.
2 Sep 2013, 18:40 PM
Patrion 14

You should've just engaged him with 2 conscripts at the same time, from different angles. It's called flanking, it's what you do against MGs.

MG42 still is overpowered (and I'm speaking as someone who plays about as much Wehr as Soviets), but your biggest problem isn't balance, it's skill.
2 Sep 2013, 19:42 PM

I was talking in Siberians livestream last night and it came up to basically increasing the amount of time it takes for the MG42 to suppress, rather than instantly. Thats the problem, it forces the Soviets to retreat immediately and this is how they get base pinned, and eventually get roflstomped.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 2 Sep 2013, 20:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We're currently reviewing weapon teams, I feel we have some solid solutions which should resolve the majority of concerns listed.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
Mexico 6
United States 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L