Login

russian armor

Give me a reason why KV8 is OP?

PAGES (22)down
10 Sep 2013, 02:13 AM

Permanently Banned
That's not true. A lot of factors come into this and it's very map and match dependant.

You didnt even watch the replay did you.
"Thats not true".
Its visible clearly in the replay.

CP gain is dependent on what stuff you kill/lose. If the Soviet was ahead, it's because of greater damage done/received at whatever point you were looking.

The Sov is ahead in CPs though he is getting his ass royally kicked.
He is taking a very great deal of damage, but causing very little.
Nonetheless, Sov maintains a solid CP lead.

He doesn't play enough games to realize that, maybe if he played the game instead of spent all his time on the forums and watching youtube videos he'd realize these things.

Butthurt boy is still butthurt i see.

A) You didnt watch the replay. B) Pull that shaft out of your ass already. C) Whats your steam ID? D) The CP discrepancy is clear in this replay, and Im confident future replays with the same CP interface, will evidence the same result.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2013, 21:50 PMtuvok
do you even know how CP work?

No, I dont know the exact specifics. You certainly fucking dont either, do you.
Yet in this replay its clear the loser (Sov) is generating more CPs.

Fucking Sov fanbois keep sticking to my shoe like dog shit....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is potentially evidence that Sov may be accumalating CP faster, to the result (which I have observed, as have others) that KV8s hit the field same time as PIVs, despite the apparent high CP cost.
10 Sep 2013, 02:53 AM

I'm fairly sure you also get XP from building buildings, which'd maybe explain why the Soviets, with their more expensive buildings, get ahead by about half a CP in that replay. Seems like a fair balance against the Ostheer faster construction to me. Also has implications for Conscript spam style tactics, where you really want a quickish first and second CP to get your conscripts able to cope with MGs and Grens.

There's a big jump when T3 is completed, for instance. It does mean that skipping your T3/4 tech buildings is much less viable if you want to rush a KV-8 or the like. P-IVs should normally thus come out way before a KV-8 unless there's been a very bloody early game. Soviets get further ahead in CPs after the Soviet T4 comes up as well.
10 Sep 2013, 03:00 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 02:53 AMBlovski
I'm fairly sure you also get XP from building buildings, which'd maybe explain why the Soviets, with their more expensive buildings, get ahead by about half a CP in that replay.

The jump happens at 09:45 in an instant.

Cant tell if there was a building built, but your explanation sounds very feasible.
10 Sep 2013, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 02:13 AMNullist

Butthurt boy is still butthurt i see.

B) Pull that shaft out of your ass already.

Yet in this replay its clear the loser (Sov) is generating more CPs.

Fucking Sov fanbois keep sticking to my shoe like dog shit....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is potentially evidence that Sov may be accumalating CP faster, to the result (which I have observed, as have others) that KV8s hit the field same time as PIVs, despite the apparent high CP cost.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971504192

you have over 1,000 posts on this forum while I haven't even hit 50... (Currently at 47) Pay Close Attention to your Soviet Expertise :)
10 Sep 2013, 05:23 AM

The unit is OP, plain and simple. It is able to kill a whole anti-tank pgren squad after they get one shot, or two if they are incredibly lucky or vetted.
I mean, does anybody hear this? Doesn't matter what side you play, this unit need either a range decrease, damage reduction, or pgrens need their range increased

And in case somebody brings up the "this is the only good soviet unit avaliable" - It does not matter. Start a thread/request to have a lacking unit buffed instead
10 Sep 2013, 05:33 AM

Permanently Banned
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971504192 you have over 1,000 posts on this forum while I haven't even hit 50... (Currently at 47) Pay Close Attention to your Soviet Expertise :)

I asked for your steam ID, and you instead posted my profile.

Nice fail. Life must be hard with that level of reading comprehension.

Keep going at ad-hominem, rather than the topic. So far youve said nothing worth anything on KV8. Instead only displaying an unending butthurt at me personally, which is only funny to me.

Do you have a boy crush on me or something? Seems so.
10 Sep 2013, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 05:33 AMNullist

I asked for your steam ID, and you instead posted my profile.

Nice fail. Life must be hard with that level of reading comprehension.

Keep going at ad-hominem, rather than the topic. So far youve said nothing worth anything on KV8. Instead only displaying an unending butthurt at me personally, which is only funny to me.

Do you have a boy crush on me or something? Seems so.

The KV-8 is a great unit, flaming stuff to death. Just like you Nullist. Also, play some more games and then come back with your sarcastic attitude.

Also the AOE damage on retreat should be reduced.
10 Sep 2013, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 05:23 AMDmeets
The unit is OP, plain and simple. It is able to kill a whole anti-tank pgren squad after they get one shot, or two if they are incredibly lucky or vetted.
I mean, does anybody hear this? Doesn't matter what side you play, this unit need either a range decrease, damage reduction, or pgrens need their range increased

And in case somebody brings up the "this is the only good soviet unit avaliable" - It does not matter. Start a thread/request to have a lacking unit buffed instead

See, the problem is right there, in a plain sight. You have tried to use PG against KV-8. I am not surprised of the outcome. USE YOUR TANKS NEXT TIME, and everything is going to be ok.
10 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 07:47 AMperuci
The KV-8 is a great unit, flaming stuff to death. Just like you Nullist. Also, play some more games and then come back with your sarcastic attitude. Also the AOE damage on retreat should be reduced.

There isnt even one sarcastic sentence in my post.
10 Sep 2013, 08:27 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 02:13 AMNullist

you could have a read at this Beginner's Guide, it's on a site called coh2.org, check it out, very helpful:
http://www.coh2.org/guides/5732/company-of-heroes-2-basic-concepts-and-glossary
10 Sep 2013, 08:48 AM

to be fair tuvok, thats an extremely simplified explanation. i think we were looking for something a little more detailed than that. that really wasnt very helpful.
10 Sep 2013, 08:57 AM

Permanently Banned
@Tuvok: I meant specific figures. Ill check the replay again and count buildings.

Nonetheless, I think the reason why KV8s hit the field at the same time as PIVs is vested in this.

The Sov CP lead is significant in this replay, even though hes getting his ass kicked hard, which is quite counter-intuitive.
10 Sep 2013, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 02:53 AMBlovski
I'm fairly sure you also get XP from building buildings, which'd maybe explain why the Soviets, with their more expensive buildings, get ahead by about half a CP in that replay. Seems like a fair balance against the Ostheer faster construction to me.

I don't agree. Remember ostheer have to research before they build, which also takes time. The total time to build(research+actual build time) should be similiar to russian build times if i'm not mistaken (save for tier one which doesn't require research).
10 Sep 2013, 09:28 AM

Permanently Banned
May be then that Ost Phase cost is unintentionally not being added to CP generation.
10 Sep 2013, 09:28 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 08:57 AMNullist

The Sov CP lead is significant in this replay, even though hes getting his ass kicked hard, which is quite counter-intuitive.

wat? he's holding 90% of the map ffs
10 Sep 2013, 09:30 AM

See, the problem is right there, in a plain sight. You have tried to use PG against KV-8. I am not surprised of the outcome. USE YOUR TANKS NEXT TIME, and everything is going to be ok.

I don't care if it burns engineers or grenadiers if they are sent to the KV8. It can burn mortar squads or MGs if I don't move them. Just not at the speed it's doing it now, this is plain ridiculous. It is a heavy tank with a lot of armour and probably twice as effective as the weapon on flametrack
Pgrens should be able to get more than a single panzerschreck hit before getting completely wiped out
10 Sep 2013, 09:35 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 09:28 AMtuvok
wat? he's holding 90% of the map ffs
According to your own fucking link, map objectives do not contribute CP.

Might be "helpful", as you said earlier, if you actually read it.
10 Sep 2013, 09:42 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 09:35 AMNullist

According to your own fucking link, map objectives do not contribute CP.

whatever bro...bottom line is: Soviets don't earn CPs faster just because they're Soviets, so stfu
10 Sep 2013, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 09:19 AMMauser

I don't agree. Remember ostheer have to research before they build, which also takes time. The total time to build(research+actual build time) should be similiar to russian build times if i'm not mistaken (save for tier one which doesn't require research).

This does also mean that the Russian engineers have to be doing nothing for much longer, and backteching is much slower and pricier, so I'm kind of OK with that.
10 Sep 2013, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 08:12 AMNullist

There isnt even one sarcastic sentence in my post.

Sorry, I meant idiotic.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight