Login

russian armor

T70 problem after patch

1 Sep 2013, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 17:15 PMScerun
I feel dirty when using the self-repair ability on the T-70.

if it -has- to have one (and I mean HAS to), then it shouldn't be able to repair engine damage, turret damage or any other critical hits. It's just too good to be so durable.

It did not do specifically "engine damage" repair before. What happened was that panzerfaust did 80 damage and the repair did 80 health. Now after the patch the panzerfaust does 100 damage but the repair stayed the same so it became pretty useless against the kind of damage it was most used for: Repairing panzerfaust damage.
1 Sep 2013, 17:28 PM

T70 is a powerful unit that does absolutely murder infantry, but its not that easy to avoid a faust, not if you want to get your money's worth in the 2 minutes you have before the p4 arrives(and if somebody were inclined, the stug can do the job sooner, which in a perfect world, the fast t70 should force but doesn't), and building the t70 will mean that you may not even have a t34 fielded when the p4 pops. That's assuming you went for the fast t-70 at like 7:30 to 8 minutes.

I always thought previously that the ability was a clever way to get around the problem of fausts always getting an engine crit, taking away a lot of the utility of the t70 in its very short window of dominance. I thought it was a reasonable balance...it stalled the t70 and for twice the munitions of the faust, it could stop limping again.

That said, I've gotten much more responsible about sending one of my combat engineers to back my t70 up so that after the inevitable faust, I can get it back in the action as soon as possible.

I don't know that the ability should always repair the engine(maybe just 50 percent of the time, or maybe repairing the engine could come at the cost of some of the hp healing), but a fausted t70 is in a sorry state, basically worthless for the 30 to 40 seconds it sits, unless its lucky enough to be where the action is.

It already can't base rush without committing suicide more often than not, and assuming the opponent ISNT going up to t3, it can't beat a vet 2 scout car with any certainty either(i'm not sure actually who has the edge in that fight).

I will say though that shrekked pgrens are not scary to a t70, not unless you take that engine damage from a faust, and the repair ability is quite good at mitigating any damage taken by shreks, though they could probably support a pak well enough. The pak though, should hit the t70 more reliably.

1 Sep 2013, 17:36 PM
Donator 11

I use T-70s all the time and I do feel it's quite powerful, I don't see this has an issue, get Engineers.
1 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 17:13 PMAbdul

I don't think you use T70, because if you did you would know that they get destroyed by Pak (2 hits), 222 (1-3 runs), and or PG with shreks (3 hits), so you don't need to tech to destroy it. In fact, any T70 hit with panzerfaust near a 222 is pretty much dead.

I'm sorry, do you only play 3v3/4v4?

Yes Pak's two shot T70s (If they hit) but you can rush a pak and deman it after one shot or back out after getting hit once. Not to mention a pak costs 360 Manpower compared to the 160 of the T70. If you lose a T70 to a AC you need to pursue it for longer as the AC has a burst weapon and the T70 has consistent damage per second with a set reload time. Losing a T70 to shrecks, are you freaking seriously? If you ever lost a T70 to shrecks I suggest you go back to the single player game and learn how to micro your god damn vehicles.
1 Sep 2013, 18:59 PM
Benefactor 115

the doctrinal self repair costs 30 muni and completely repairs a tanks, so 60 munis should at least repair your engine.
/thread
1 Sep 2013, 19:06 PM

T70 doesn't need a non-doctrinal self-repair to be effective. /thread.
1 Sep 2013, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 18:51 PMHissy

I'm sorry, do you only play 3v3/4v4?......

I play mostly 1v1 and 2v2, but read Joshua9 reply he answers everything for you.

All I will tell you is that t70 is an op unit much like the mg42, 222, SU 85 are op units that turn the game upside once they show up and its not because of field repair, which is not even functioning properly now.
1 Sep 2013, 19:27 PM

weird..I keep trying to edit my old post and it keeps making a whole new one.

T70 is a powerful unit that does absolutely murder infantry, but its not that easy to avoid a faust, not if you want to get your money's worth in the 2 minutes you have before the p4 arrives(and if somebody were inclined, the stug can do the job sooner, which in a perfect world, the fast t70 should force but doesn't), and building the t70 will mean that you may not even have a t34 fielded when the p4 pops. That's assuming you went for the fast t-70 at like 7:30 to 8 minutes.

I always thought previously that the ability was a clever way to get around the problem of fausts always getting an engine crit, taking away a lot of the utility of the t70 in its very short window of dominance. I thought it was a reasonable balance...it stalled the t70 and for twice the munitions of the faust, it could stop limping again.

That said, I've gotten much more responsible about sending one of my combat engineers to back my t70 up so that after the inevitable faust, I can get it back in the action as soon as possible.

I don't know that the ability should always repair the engine(maybe just 50 percent of the time, or maybe repairing the engine could come at the cost of some of the hp healing), but a fausted t70 is in a sorry state, basically worthless for the 30 to 40 seconds it sits, unless its lucky enough to be where the action is.

It already can't base rush without committing suicide more often than not, and assuming the opponent ISNT going up to t3, it can't beat a vet 2 scout car with any certainty either(i'm not sure actually who has the edge in that fight).

I will say though that shrekked pgrens are not scary to a t70, not unless you take that engine damage from a faust, and the repair ability is quite good at mitigating any damage taken by shreks. And I should have mentioned, that while I would like the repair to sometimes repair engines of the t70, I would also like the pak to be a more reliable counter/deterrent.

1 Sep 2013, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 19:09 PMAbdul

I play mostly 1v1 and 2v2, but read Joshua9 reply he answers everything for you.

All I will tell you is that t70 is an op unit much like the mg42, 222, SU 85 are op units that turn the game upside once they show up and its not because of field repair, which is not even functioning properly now.

Your really not helping your cause.

If you seriously think the arrival of a T70 is similar to the arrival of a MG42 your truly not in a position to talk about any form of balance.

Games don't end when an MG42 pins your two Conscript squads you sent into the same arc. Games end when a T70 roll over several squads and you lose near 1000 manpower. I can't recall having a game ended when a 222 rolled into my base and one shotted all my Infantry - because it never happens.
2 Sep 2013, 05:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 21:05 PMHissy

Your really not helping your cause.

If you seriously think the arrival of a T70 is similar to the arrival of a MG42 your truly not in a position to talk about any form of balance.

Games don't end when an MG42 pins your two Conscript squads you sent into the same arc. Games end when a T70 roll over several squads and you lose near 1000 manpower. I can't recall having a game ended when a 222 rolled into my base and one shotted all my Infantry - because it never happens.

Yes because on many maps 2-3 MG42 do not end up dominating the map and cutting off resources to the soviet player. And yes 222 do not mow down squads on retreat and become indestructible vet 2 units in no time.

Please my cause was to identify if others noticed the same problem with the T70 after the patch, not to have to sit here and explain to you why you are losing badly to the T70, lol.
2 Sep 2013, 06:10 AM

It is kinda pointless to pay 60muni if it doesn't counteract a faust that costs much less, but to be fair it doesn't need that ability anyway.
2 Sep 2013, 14:44 PM

crew repair is also a doctrinal ability of 2 soviet commanders so it should work.
anyway, if the ability is in the game it should work otherwise it should not be in the game.

t70 is a tank that survives due to mobility i would rather repair the engine instead of the health really, t70 with damaged engine is dead meat.

as usual german players ranting about any soviet unit which is not inferior to theirs...

t70 is there to punish german player for heavy t2 vehicle / t1 inf build and i am glad its there...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★