Login

russian armor

T70 problem after patch

31 Aug 2013, 20:42 PM

When hit with a Panzerfaust a new T70 was able to self repair fully and restore the engine. Now after the patch that increased Panzerfaust damage from 80 to 100 the T70 is not able to fully repair so engine damage stays after spending 60 muni to repair. The health bar is left almost full but not enough to restore the engine.

Did anyone else notice this? I think this was unintended result of the patch.
raw
1 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2013, 20:42 PMAbdul
When hit with a Panzerfaust a new T70 was able to self repair fully and restore the engine. Now after the patch that increased Panzerfaust damage from 80 to 100 the T70 is not able to fully repair so engine damage stays after spending 60 muni to repair. The health bar is left almost full but not enough to restore the engine.

Did anyone else notice this? I think this was unintended result of the patch.

Yes I noticed. It's pretty annoying.
1 Sep 2013, 09:03 AM
Patrion 14

Noticed it as well. Really needs to be fixed, the ability costs enough already.
1 Sep 2013, 10:23 AM

I noticed it as well. I would like it to be tweeked to fully repair 1 panzerfaust hit.
1 Sep 2013, 11:02 AM

same here. cost me a t70 more then once
1 Sep 2013, 11:20 AM

Agreed, for 60 munis that is pretty sad.
1 Sep 2013, 12:14 PM

This is the third thing I found broken in soviets after the last two patches:

t70 field repair
120mm mortar precision strike
and grande warning for conscripts

I wonder if there are other things and for the germans as well

I did not see any feedback about the other topics from Relic, can anybody help us get their attention about those problems?
1 Sep 2013, 14:53 PM

I'm just picturing crying babies when your poor T70 that you LET get panzerfaust isn't fully repaired by a 60 Munition ability that ISN'T doctrinal. You can't be god damn serious if you think on a scale of balance this is remotely a problem. T70 outranges panzerfausts massively, don't let it get hit. Osteer don't get a self repair on the Ostwind when it gets AT naded!
1 Sep 2013, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 14:53 PMHissy
I'm just picturing crying babies when your poor T70 that you LET get panzerfaust isn't fully repaired by a 60 Munition ability that ISN'T doctrinal. You can't be god damn serious if you think on a scale of balance this is remotely a problem. T70 outranges panzerfausts massively, don't let it get hit. Osteer don't get a self repair on the Ostwind when it gets AT naded!

Dear Hissy,

Before you start picturing people crying, you might want to consider:

a) how the ability functioned prior to the update
b) the feature in its current state is useless
c) both the HT and 221 can be upgraded, but the T70 can not and instead has this unique feature, which by the way is expensive.

Otherwise people might just start picturing you as a clueless fool by such comments.

Best Regards
1 Sep 2013, 15:54 PM

It's the case. Tbh, I don't mind too much. I think the self-repair used to be a bit too good at negating any fausting. And also encourages you to not get fausted, which I think results in better play.
1 Sep 2013, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It shouldnt have that ability to begin with imo. Meh.
1 Sep 2013, 15:57 PM

It shouldnt have that ability to begin with imo. Meh.

np, what should it get instead?

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 15:51 PMAbdul

c) both the HT and 221 can be upgraded, but the T70 can not and instead has this unique feature, which by the way is expensive.
1 Sep 2013, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 15:57 PMAbdul

np, what should it get instead?

where is the rule that every unit has to have an upgrade or ability?

tbh, I'm starting to think that you are a clueless fool :unsure:
1 Sep 2013, 16:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Not every unit needs a special feature. Its amazingly good out of the box and unless you have a P4 its incredibly hard to kill.

Developers often get carried away with adding things because its fun but its often not the best for gameplay/balance. Ive been around enough devs over the years to know that they LOVE being artistic and creative and thats all great but they often use the ole' "Fire, Ready, Aim" technique.
1 Sep 2013, 16:18 PM

where is the rule that every unit has to have an upgrade or ability?

tbh, I'm starting to think that you are a clueless fool :unsure:

scout car 221 can be upgraded
HT can be upgraded
Su76 has ability

T70 is in the same category of units and has that ability, and is now PRACTICALLY USELESS after the patch. So if you and your buddy Hissy have not noticed we are not debating the value of the ability but rather the problem the update posed. See how clueless?
1 Sep 2013, 16:25 PM

Not every unit needs a special feature. Its amazingly good out of the box and unless you have a P4 its incredibly hard to kill.

Developers often get carried away with adding things because its fun but its often not the best for gameplay/balance. Ive been around enough devs over the years to know that they LOVE being artistic and creative and thats all great but they often use the ole' "Fire, Ready, Aim" technique.

Sure I think its can be labeled as one of the OP units and the same can be said about the 221, but you see all units in its category have upgrades/abilities (221,ht,SU76) so its normal the T70 would get an ability (actually it has 2 one that is almost never used "scout" and the second is now broken "field repair". And I don't think relic broke it on purpose, I think it was by mistake.
1 Sep 2013, 16:50 PM

Dear Abdhul

Perhaps you should put the unit into context. 160MP / 55 Fuel for the best anti infantry unit in the game, for it's cost. The only way of out right killing one is outteching it or playing a stellar mine with the very little munitions Osteer get to play with in the early game.

Let's not pretend it should ever of had self repair in the god damn first place, I'm all for doctrinal abilities but not global "Oh i fucked up let's play my get of jail free card". If you get your T70 fausted you DESERVE to lose it. The T70 has like twice the effective range as a panzerfaust, all you need is a tiny amount of brainpower to kite a grenadier until it's dead.
1 Sep 2013, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 16:50 PMHissy
Dear Abdhul

Perhaps you should put the unit into context. 160MP / 55 Fuel for the best anti infantry unit in the game, for it's cost. The only way of out right killing one is outteching it or playing a stellar mine with the very little munitions Osteer get to play with in the early game.

Let's not pretend it should ever of had self repair in the god damn first place, I'm all for doctrinal abilities but not global "Oh i fucked up let's play my get of jail free card". If you get your T70 fausted you DESERVE to lose it. The T70 has like twice the effective range as a panzerfaust, all you need is a tiny amount of brainpower to kite a grenadier until it's dead.

Pqumsieh mentioned that they do not factor in unit abilities when balancing a unit's other stats, and vice versa, so the t70 having self repair is irrespective of its anti inf abilities. So if they needed the t70 into oblivion, should they compensate by making self repair a self invulnerability?
1 Sep 2013, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2013, 16:50 PMHissy
The only way of out right killing one is outteching it or playing a stellar mine with the very little munitions Osteer get to play with in the early game.

I don't think you use T70, because if you did you would know that they get destroyed by Pak (2 hits), 222 (1-3 runs), and or PG with shreks (3 hits), so you don't need to tech to destroy it. In fact, any T70 hit with panzerfaust near a 222 is pretty much dead.
1 Sep 2013, 17:15 PM

I feel dirty when using the self-repair ability on the T-70.

It's an awesome little unit, and I find it's at its most useful, upon being fielded, taking a flank and wreaking havoc from behind against some dug-in Nazis. Once the havoc is done, it's probably got Vet 1 or 2, and I can use it to harass control points, using its fantastic speed.

If it ever gets into trouble? I find a corner of the map where it can repair itself to full, and the carnage continues, until I accidentally send in into a P4 / Stug / angry PGrens. Truth is, I don't think this a unit that deserves a self-repair. It's just -so- mobile.

if it -has- to have one (and I mean HAS to), then it shouldn't be able to repair engine damage, turret damage or any other critical hits. It's just too good to be so durable. Sure, it takes plenty of micro, and map-awareness to use properly, but once you've attained that skill, I'm really quite certain it's on the side of OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★