Login

russian armor

Soviet Faction

raw
30 Aug 2013, 14:32 PM

well, you can obviously declare 2on2 competitive all you want. won't change the fact that 2on2 is unplayable for soviets atm. and it won't change the fact that regarding balance 1v1 comes first. why are you even arguing this?
30 Aug 2013, 18:11 PM

As a mixed 1v1, 2v2 player I have to say I actually agree completely with GreenDevil for perhaps the first time ever. Playing as the Sovs or as the Ost this is always the experience - just one giant series of complete hard counters that if you don't partake in you will most likely lose.

Mixing AT with random gives skewed results. I hope any team with voice chat and experience could beat two randoms who likely haven't played at all together. If I'm doing AT with a friend I'll usually try a few variations because I feel I automatically have a "buffer" to play around with by virtue of much tighter communication / coordination.
30 Aug 2013, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 14:32 PMraw
well, you can obviously declare 2on2 competitive all you want. won't change the fact that 2on2 is unplayable for soviets atm. and it won't change the fact that regarding balance 1v1 comes first. why are you even arguing this?

What do you mean 2v2 is unplayable for soviets? You mean, for you personally you're mostly losing with them? Cause that isn't the case or experience of other players - this should be obvious looking at the ladder no? It's funny how people project their own personal game experience and failings onto the entire game sometimes...I think 2v2 is the most enjoyable for Soviets as they can use all 4 buildings quite easily and try build orders that might be more likely to fail on their own in 1v1.
30 Aug 2013, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 11:12 AMtuvok
current win rates for top 200 are:
Code
Win% 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4
Ger 71.2 72.3 75.6 75.9
Sov 67.4 69.2 68.0 60.5

where did you get those awesome number
30 Aug 2013, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 14:32 PMraw

How is Soviets unplayable in 2v2? Also how is that a fact? If anything Soviets are better at 2v2 because they can split their teching.
raw
30 Aug 2013, 22:20 PM

If anything Soviets are better at 2v2 because they can split their teching.

Yeah, I think that's a downside.
30 Aug 2013, 22:25 PM

AHAAHAHA Soviets are OP? Why there are in the players research like 70% wehrmacht and 30% soviet 24/7 ???
30 Aug 2013, 22:33 PM

Search % means nothing about faction balance, its either completely coincidental or people have a lot of misconceptions about what is OP right now. Anyways Axis currently have a lot more options right now. Soviets are really limited because Shocktroops and Penal Battalions are prohibitively expensive and conscripts are just a weaksauce flanking unit. But the few proven tactics that the Soviets have do work very well.
raw
30 Aug 2013, 22:35 PM

But the few proven tactics that the Soviets have do work very well.

Except by now most Ostheer players have figured out the two valid plays the Soviets bring each and every game and have no trouble stopping them dead in their tracks.
30 Aug 2013, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 22:35 PMraw

Except by now most Ostheer players have figured out the two valid plays the Soviets bring each and every game and have no trouble stopping them dead in their tracks.

If you know how to effectively and consistently beat a fairly high ranked Soviet doing Conscripts > T1 > Guards > 120mm > SU85, by all means do share.
raw
30 Aug 2013, 22:48 PM

If you know how to effectively and consistently beat a fairly high ranked Soviet doing Conscripts > T1 > Guards > 120mm > SU85, by all means do share.

build AC
30 Aug 2013, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 10:08 AMraw

Ha! Still, competitive format is 1v1.

That's not what I said.

I find this somewhat ignorant since coh 1 had a lot of issues tied to 2v2s and up what with resource sharing etc. (post OF)
30 Aug 2013, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 22:48 PMraw

build AC

AC vs Guards and Conscripts? You have to be joking right?
30 Aug 2013, 23:05 PM

well, you can obviously declare 2on2 competitive all you want. won't change the fact that 2on2 is unplayable for soviets atm

Biggest load of bullshit I've read. Soviets are beast if you use them propertly, which I don't think alot of people have quite gotten around to just yet. I'd argue that playing as soviets is harder tho, but they definately have a huge pay-off in mid-late game and can get incredibly snowbally. Germans have the easiest early-game and really strong transition into T2, but if you can just stall or be on pace as Soviets, it's a breeze to roll through.

Mines, SU76s, good synergy between both players and their commander picks & builds, and it's all sunshine & rainbow. I wouldn't really recommend going with Hit the Derp (classical commander) for 2v2s tho. But it's all opinion based so it's abit up for grabs.
raw
30 Aug 2013, 23:05 PM

AC vs Guards and Conscripts? You have to be joking right?

Conscripts won't ever reach an AC and Guards won't kill them either, especially not if vetted. Another upside is that AC counters the T-70 the soviet will be desperately trying to press against your T2 spam.
31 Aug 2013, 00:03 AM

Most of German units are adequate, while most Soviet units are not, and the only adequate ones are supposedly OP.
31 Aug 2013, 01:32 AM
Donator 22

Agree with adam almost every German unit is good and has lastability through the teking.

Conscripts are literally just cannon fodder even shock troops will get owned by lmg grens which have nicely vetted after mincing all the conscripts early game as the soviet player scrambles using whatever cheap tactics they can just to stay in the game.

Shock troops and guards are the only decent infantry both are doctrinal and one is horrendously expensive for what you get and has no AT at all not even a AT nade so if you meet even an upgunned scout car your mince meat and have to pay through the nose to replace.

I think its fair to say Germans are slightly easier atm. Maybe its more even in the top 200 or w/e but for most players, like most of the community who aren't 'pro' its not. People say 'o the search % doesn't mean anything' well clearly it does, how else can you explain it? why would it be that 99% of the time 80% of ppl are searching as German. Because all the normal players play a game as soviets and think screw this, this is way to difficult compared to the other side.

31 Aug 2013, 01:43 AM

Most of German units are adequate, while most Soviet units are not, and the only adequate ones are supposedly OP.

This.
31 Aug 2013, 02:07 AM

Agree with adam almost every German unit is good and has lastability through the teking.

Conscripts are literally just cannon fodder even shock troops will get owned by lmg grens which have nicely vetted after mincing all the conscripts early game as the soviet player scrambles using whatever cheap tactics they can just to stay in the game.

Shock troops and guards are the only decent infantry both are doctrinal and one is horrendously expensive for what you get and has no AT at all not even a AT nade so if you meet even an upgunned scout car your mince meat and have to pay through the nose to replace.

I think its fair to say Germans are slightly easier atm. Maybe its more even in the top 200 or w/e but for most players, like most of the community who aren't 'pro' its not. People say 'o the search % doesn't mean anything' well clearly it does, how else can you explain it? why would it be that 99% of the time 80% of ppl are searching as German. Because all the normal players play a game as soviets and think screw this, this is way to difficult compared to the other side.

This has to be the biggest load of shit I have read in a long time. 99% of the time 80% of people are searching for games as German, because it's too hard to play Soviets.

Give me one, just one fact to back up your arguement, or GTFO.
31 Aug 2013, 02:57 AM

The # of players shown searching is localized to a similar elo range so not everyone sees the same numbers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight