Login

russian armor

Langreskaya too small?

29 Aug 2013, 18:59 PM

I think everyone that played this map knows how bad MGs can pin soviets, but I remember Langres being far more fluid and enjoyable in the original. So recently I tired this map in coh1 and man the map feels allot larger. Is Langreskaya smaller than the original Langers? And if so, why on earth would Relic make it smaller when MGs have such a large range/arch in coh2?
29 Aug 2013, 19:06 PM

30 Aug 2013, 15:38 PM

No.

is there a way to support your answer instead of just saying no?
30 Aug 2013, 15:47 PM

I think it's not that easy. If it would be bigger there would be some people saying it's too big. And no, it feels as big as the old one. Mg just needs an 90° angle, not 120°.
30 Aug 2013, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 15:38 PMAbdul

is there a way to support your answer instead of just saying no?

because there is no need to explain
30 Aug 2013, 15:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No.

He does not think it is to small, and neither do I.
30 Aug 2013, 16:47 PM

I think it's not that easy. If it would be bigger there would be some people saying it's too big. And no, it feels as big as the old one. Mg just needs an 90° angle, not 120°.

looking at map stats, Langreskaya is 352 x 352 which is the smallest map in the game. I wish I can find the same stats for coh1 to confirm this.
30 Aug 2013, 17:00 PM

I think the problem lies in the fact that mg42s have way too large arcs of fire. Once that gets fixed, it shouldn't be a problem.
30 Aug 2013, 17:03 PM

Most of it looks made to scale, but the bottom right area near the old 2 story house feels much more condensed than usual. Also worth noting that the map appears similar size even though the camera does not zoom out as far in CoH2 which is pretty important.

I'm going to test run times between different areas in the southeast towards the house in vcoh and coh2 because I think OP is on to something.
30 Aug 2013, 17:21 PM

I timed from two different landmarks towards the house and it was 1 second faster from both locations in CoH2.
30 Aug 2013, 17:30 PM

I think units may move slightly faster in CoH2 in general. Just my feeling, though.

They also added some bushes that block certain windows of houses, which then protects some areas like the one marked by you. I think people have not yet completely figured out the firing arcs and blind spots from those buildings, which then allows for better flanks (unless the unit AI decides to fan out -.- ).
30 Aug 2013, 19:20 PM

Size isnt the issue, map design is. The top is always in a weaker position than the bottom due to the cutoff and stupid point stuck in the top left of their base. Other inanities include static MGs in bases covering points (really?) and the fact that the main battleground on the map is the top player's munition/fuel while the southern start is protected with short lines of sight and being off the main route between bases.

Stop obsessing over if a map is EXACTLY like its coh1 version (which had different armies and playstyles btw), and start asking relic to make some changes to these maps to accommodate coh2 play. A few simple changes on langreskaya would maintain the structure of the map/gameplay while making it much fair aka interesting/competitive
31 Aug 2013, 11:39 AM

Thanks all for your input, it would be nice if Relic could address this and more importantly do what mmortal is saying. Make maps appropriate for this game instead of only copying which in this case has created unpleasant map doe the soviets especially in top position.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 58

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight