Login

russian armor

Thank you so much for buffing the T34

26 Aug 2013, 14:05 PM

I can't tell you how glad I am that the T34 can actually used as a real tank.

Since the patch I have played some interesting tank battles against German players who go T3. The panzer 4 is a more expensive, slightly better piece of hardware that now is in danger of being outmaneuvered by the cheaper and more numerous T34s. Being able to have these tank battles makes the game feel a lot more like what I believe the eastern front to be. Sure, the T34 still gets bullied by Tigers and Panthers, but that that is quite historically accurate. I think now the panther will assume its proper role as a devourer of soviet medium armor. I am also seeing a lot more Pak AT guns, something I thought a German player forgot they were able to make. I think we can expect a lot more interesting meta from this change. Good on you relic!
26 Aug 2013, 15:45 PM

I like using them more now, but people in team games still tend to get annoyed when I bring them out.
26 Aug 2013, 16:58 PM

Yes they are much improved now, and the ram nerf makes it fair towards players with heavy tanks, but is it me or is the t34 accuracy poor? It seems to miss so much against both tanks and infantry.
26 Aug 2013, 17:46 PM

Its accuracy (scatter distance max) is very good. A lot more accurate than other AT/tank weapons. It also fires a lot faster than other tank guns.

If you find its accuracy lacking you may be moving to too much. If you manage to move 4 seconds, stop for 1, fire, then move again for 4 seconds, your accuracy will increase a lot. At least that is what some people did in CoH1 and in CoH2 we have about the same modifiers for shooting while moving.
26 Aug 2013, 19:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1 to the OP. The change is a big step in the right directions and it makes me hopeful that certain other units will be getting a good tweaking.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 16:58 PMAbdul
...the ram nerf makes it fair towards players with heavy tanks...

This patch, I tried to ram a brand new Tiger tank with a damaged T-34/85. The ram deflected on the frontal armor and the T-34 exploded (!) Funny stuff.
26 Aug 2013, 19:24 PM

This change also gave me a reason to build a StuG and makes it more valuable.
26 Aug 2013, 19:31 PM
Patrion 14

Also really enjoy the changes, both as soviet and ostheer player! Thanks.
27 Aug 2013, 04:30 AM

This patch, I tried to ram a brand new Tiger tank with a damaged T-34/85. The ram deflected on the frontal armor and the T-34 exploded (!) Funny stuff.

haha, I didn't know that could happen. Ramming Tigers in general does not seem like a good idea anymore.
27 Aug 2013, 05:55 AM

haha, I didn't know that could happen. Ramming Tigers in general does not seem like a good idea anymore.

After the patch, I rammed a tiger 3 times and it never worked. So in my next game playing german I got a tiger and sadly it was rammed successfully.
27 Aug 2013, 15:40 PM

+1 to the OP. The change is a big step in the right directions and it makes me hopeful that certain other units will be getting a good tweaking.

Tiger ram from the rear is around a 60% chance and from the front just under 40%, IIRC. The big difference is the elephant, which has huge frontal armour, but you've still got a 100% chance of disabling if you ram it in the rear armour.

Really good changes for the useability of the Tiger, imo, and also rewards proper vehicle flanking with a ram a lot more.
28 Aug 2013, 03:41 AM

+1 on this. I agree this will open up more strategic opportunities. But, I do feel the Stug is still underpowered when compared to the mobility/damage/cost of the T34. Hopefully a buff for it in the future.

This will generate an avenue where going more infantry would help more vs the Stug, but prevent t34 spam.
28 Aug 2013, 03:59 AM

Tiger armor = 350/250 front/rear
t34 ram = 160 pen

46% from the front, 64% from the rear

Elefant is 400/150, so its 40% from the front, 100% from the rear

Just for completeness sake, the panther is 270/112.5, so 59% from the front, 100% from the rear
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★