Login

russian armor

Stuka 50kg bomb?

25 Aug 2013, 23:59 PM

Does anyone else think this thing is ridiculous? It's an orbital laser targeted cannon. Not only does it have huge radius and destructive power, but it has almost no warning. Apparently you know this thing is going to instakill everything you have if you hear a whsitling noise 2 seconds before it happens. I've had this thing take out a slightly damaged vet 1 ISU-152 and a lot of squads.

How am I suppose to react to this thing even if I notice the sound, with the lag and order delay? This thing has the detsructive power of 20 ML-20 Howitzers making a precision strike in one shot.
26 Aug 2013, 00:08 AM

There's smoke?
26 Aug 2013, 00:39 AM

There's smoke?

The problem with this is that there isn't smoke..
26 Aug 2013, 01:04 AM

It doesn't cause smoke but it creates a very loud humming sound for 5 or so seconds before the whistling sound starts, then 2 seconds after that there is a huge explosion. (timings from counting so not all that accurate)

Because it piqued my interest, I loaded up my testing save game and I think your ISU may have been a lot more than just slightly damaged before. The explosion leaves just a little bit of health on a Stug (480 health) and about two thirds of a Panzer 4's health (640). A ISU has 960...
Still, there may be some modifiers for it. I also tested it vs. enemy buildings and looked up the stats in the files and on http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/ and the 750 damage stated in those just doesn't seem to be true. The friendly fire multiplier also seems to be 1.
Any of the other number crunchers help me out with that? :)

Nevertheless, it is a very powerful ability and when hearing the noise moving all your units that your enemy may know about as fast as possible is important. Normally his target is pretty obvious.
If you played CoH1, think of it as CoH2's V1 rocket.
26 Aug 2013, 01:11 AM
26 Aug 2013, 01:24 AM

Wow it must be OP seeing as how we see it being used so often. Oh wait...
26 Aug 2013, 04:21 AM

In 2v2s it's used a lot. Pretty good at gun killer. It's an excellent ability but certainly not OP. Consider it a V1 and act accordingly.
26 Aug 2013, 05:44 AM

Permanently Banned
Play with audio. The characteristic sound is noticeable WELL in advance.
Move priority targets, and cost your opponent tons of Muni on a big firework.
26 Aug 2013, 06:17 AM
Donator 11

It was the same with V1 in CoH1 (no smoke, huge radius and destructive power). I don't remember anyone complaining about it.

edit: the major difference is that V1 has much longer cooldown, thus isn't spammable as stuka bomb.
26 Aug 2013, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 06:17 AMThrill
It was the same with V1 in CoH1 (no smoke, huge radius and destructive power). I don't remember anyone complaining about it.

It was also on a pretty long timer unlike in CoH2. And came to play later. And people did whine. It was still fun to propaganda retreat a bunch of infantry, then drop a V1 in their base while they were running so that they arrived at roughly the same time. So much rage. But being on the receiving end of this was frustrating to no end, so yeah...
26 Aug 2013, 08:30 AM

there's no smoke but oly very loud sound and units can easily dodge it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight