Login

russian armor

Guard blinding the tanks.

25 Aug 2013, 19:03 PM

Is there some bug in the game or am i doing something really wrong when im playing with the soviet Guard Infantry.
When i blind the enemy tank it last for less then 1 second atleast 95% of the times.
In the begning i could use guard + tanks as a good tactic to blind the enemy vechiles but since the last patch its feels kind impossible to have a enemy vechile blinded more then 1 second.
Maby there is some point i dont understand with the abbility and i do something totlaly wrong but it feels kind strange since the latets patch.
25 Aug 2013, 19:34 PM

Well, don't use it at maximum range because he can just back out of it. Also don't move the guard squad after triggering the ability. He can still use smoke to break it.

Other than that, no idea what might be wrong.
25 Aug 2013, 19:40 PM

Try getting closer before you activate the ability perhaps, and don't move the squad after you do since that also breaks it.
25 Aug 2013, 20:25 PM

Ok, well had no idea the blinding disapears if u move the guards :) That explain it all i guess ;)
but has it been like that all the time or where i just lucky to keep the "blindness" on the before ?
25 Aug 2013, 20:39 PM

it has always been like that.
25 Aug 2013, 20:50 PM

If the model equipped with the DPSh gets killed, the ability stops.
25 Aug 2013, 22:57 PM

I like to add that its a stupid, cheeseball and one of the least liked abilities in coh that slithered its way into coh2....
25 Aug 2013, 23:02 PM

I think it's fine as it is now, it's a doctrinal ability that can be countered by another doctrinal ability, and it lasts significantly shorter than the British button did. Plus it's a lot easier to break now.
27 Aug 2013, 13:21 PM

I think it's fine as it is now, it's a doctrinal ability that can be countered by another doctrinal ability, and it lasts significantly shorter than the British button did. Plus it's a lot easier to break now.

From a plausibility standpoint, I do wonder why the tank can't move when the vision slit is broken from gunfire - and yet he can suddenly move perfectly fine when everything gets obscured in smoke.

On a more relevant note, I think it's pretty silly that button (40 muni) is canceled by an ability that costs less than half as much (panzer smoke 15 muni), especially since the guards require a 60 muni initial investment on top of that. I honestly don't think button should be cheaper, but panzer smoke is underpriced in my opinion. That's why you see it used all the time, since honestly when wouldn't you pay 15 muni to probably save your tank? Now it only costs 5 muni more than oorah fer christ sake.
28 Aug 2013, 02:11 AM

You require DP machine guns to button (blind/shoot) tanks. They only fire when stationary. "Buttoning" tanks means firing on the vision slits. Now, for anyone who has seen a WWII tank, visibility is pretty much just a tiny slit in the front of the tank. I don't even know how they managed to reverse. They had a sliding metal door to close vision slits, which left them with no visibility. Beside the point.

DPs have to be stationary, don't move after buttoning.
28 Aug 2013, 02:41 AM
Donator 11

Exactly, there is a counter to it, its fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★