Login

russian armor

1v1 is unplayable

24 Aug 2013, 06:15 AM

i ranked about 120th in the ladder as soviet, after new patch, i played about 12 1v1 games as soviet, not a single win, i am pretty sure something wrong with this patch
24 Aug 2013, 06:48 AM

man i never thought i would say this, i am sincerely disappointed with relic. this patch. is really BAD, B A D.

EVERY little nerf made to the Russian has just turned the whole army into an unusable cluster of worthless soldiers.

t0 conscripts the supposed to be very versatile unit. many skills, master of none. it was supposed to be used in conjunction with the other units to make up for it weaknesses.

t1
sniper, nothing bad has happened to it but its german counter was buffed. not a good idea to try them no no no.
clown car. if you like seeing it explode as soon as a scout car appears. rendering it useless and the scout car with a new VETERANCY!.
penal battalions, nothing bat has happened to them but besides hitting harder they are not so awesome.

t2
maxim, nerfed to total uselessness, i am still wondering what to do with it.
mortar, its all good. but unless you want a German scout car on your ass you better pick a guard rifle commander! (what a poor design choice)
at gun, is as good as ever. too bad you cant support it with maxims. so you have to support it with shock troops? uppgunned conscripts? penal battalions?, im pretty sure those can hold off an advance. on a level comparable to an mg42.

t3
t70, as nice as ever. it seems fine to me. if ram worked to keep it safe.
t34,the ram. this new ram is bugged, i have to click over 10 times and manually set the tank into the perfect ramming position. no no no, not too close, nooot tooo farrr. and make sure the German player is not looking backing up 2 cm means the ram will fail and the engine will overheat. its so easily doge able that there is no point in going t3 i killed more tanks with the old t34 than with the new. (THE SUPPOSEDLY UNBUFFED ONE).

m5 is good, but overall t3 is at a severe disadvantage if you go t1 t3. but wait you need t1 to support your t2 then how do you go t1 t2 t3? how much fuel is that? 40+50+90 holly!

t4,
katiusha, love you. i just wish i could keep you safe with the crappy Russian tanks.
that assault gun that barrages, midly usefull. good if properly used. you cant go for it unless you have a su ready.
SU, my god! first time i did not chase a tank because if i did i would risk it being flanked because i had to pick the close sight to chase.

i just dont know what went wrong!

first time i ever felt like not playing a relic game because of balance, and considering that people says relic makes really unbalanced games. that is bad. coh1 never thought it unbalanced, dawn of war nope, homeworld, noope. this piece of... i better stop.
24 Aug 2013, 06:55 AM

24 Aug 2013, 07:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Game is good with new patch, especially with SU-85 slow with large vision. Panther is so maybe a good counter.
24 Aug 2013, 07:18 AM

Soviets won every tournament pretty comfortably before patch.... Now it's more balanced. Not saying MG42 isn't a bit too strong, but then so is SU-85 (even with the change). Clown cars and snipers are still viable, just have to be more careful and protect em with guards. Sov T2 still sucky though, agree on that, but so is german T4.
24 Aug 2013, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 07:18 AMRiggsen
Soviets won every tournament pretty comfortably before patch.... Now it's more balanced. Not saying MG42 isn't a bit too strong, but then so is SU-85 (even with the change). Clown cars and snipers are still viable, just have to be more careful and protect em with guards. Sov T2 still sucky though, agree on that, but so is german T4.

Soviets won because the soviet sniper is so cheesy. That single unit is the only way you can really win against someone of equal or even lower skill. No other tactic works, it's snipers or a loss for the soviets. And this hasn't really changed with the patch except that now scout car suicide rushes are slightly more likely to succeed. Everyone who wants to try something different suffers because of the patch, and none of the base problems of the balance are addressed.
raw
24 Aug 2013, 07:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 07:39 AMCruzz

except that now scout car suicide rushes are slightly more likely to succeed.

In fact, you can exploit the AT nade timing now. Ostheer T1 and then T2 ASAP, build 222 and rally it into enemy base. Will pop about the same time your MG42 forces the first conscripts back and you can slaughter them at their own HQ with the 222. As soviet you have to build AT nade after 2nd conscript or you're dead.
24 Aug 2013, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 07:45 AMraw

In fact, you can exploit the AT nade timing now. Ostheer T1 and then T2 ASAP, build 222 and rally it into enemy base. Will pop about the same time your MG42 forces the first conscripts back and you can slaughter them at their own HQ with the 222. As soviet you have to build AT nade after 2nd conscript or you're dead.

I don't think a fast scout car is much of an issue as a base assault, atleast compared to the alternative ht rush. A flameht rush can be done in roughly the same time and one takes 3 at nades and a bunch of penetrating hits from conscripts to kill and kills at a pretty different rate than a scout car. If you've screwed up as germans and actually let the soviet player kill something from you they might have guards, but a single guard unit will die to the flameht easy enough, while against scout cars they'd actually force a retreat.
raw
24 Aug 2013, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 08:06 AMCruzz

I don't think a fast scout car is much of an issue as a base assault, atleast compared to the alternative ht rush. A flameht rush can be done in roughly the same time and one takes 3 at nades and a bunch of penetrating hits from conscripts to kill and kills at a pretty different rate than a scout car. If you've screwed up as germans and actually let the soviet player kill something from you they might have guards, but a single guard unit will die to the flameht easy enough, while against scout cars they'd actually force a retreat.

Upgraded scout car can be in your base at 5 minutes, FLHT comes later because of the 120 mun requirement on flamers. By that time you'll usually have AT nades.
24 Aug 2013, 08:21 AM

The only thing changed to the scout car is that its upgrade does not render it useless. It is still slow and fragile as hell.
24 Aug 2013, 09:15 AM

The patch is imo good, was ranked 45th with germans, played 5 games and lost 3 won 2 but my enemies were pretty good and skilled soviets, they puted to use mortars,maxims and SU-85 the best way and believe me when i say it im good on kholodny summer and the battles were +50min (the lost ones)
U just people need more time to get used to it and strats need to evolve
P.S. dont forget to use mortars and t-34 ;)
24 Aug 2013, 09:53 AM

Game is good with new patch, especially with SU-85 slow with large vision. Panther is so maybe a good counter.

rofl play soviet sometimes
24 Aug 2013, 11:24 AM

I'm of the notion that this patch was a good move. It isn't perfect, and it's perhaps revealed a few holes that I'm not entirely aware of, but, it's getting there.

I just wish it would get there faster!

Certainly, things such as well-played Scout Cars and Flamer Halftracks can be a tremendous bother to deal with, and maybe it's true that they're -too- effective, maybe not. It seems that mileage will vary in certain regards.

My disappointment has been that despite a buff to point-blank accuracy, there are still far too many times when squads are just stood at spitting distance, and still missing a good portion of their shots. I sort of want point-blank maneuvers to spell a very quick-lived engagement. Could also help with the issue of MG teams, both Maxim and 42s from being a little durable when flanked - though perhaps that's a topic for another discussion. I'm happy with the patch!
24 Aug 2013, 11:27 AM

Panther is so maybe a good counter.

I cannot believe what I am reading here. It is always sad to see a man loose his faith :P.
24 Aug 2013, 12:05 PM

I disagree with OP

1v1 was certainly unplayable in the days where German strafe got spammed to death.

And Cons still do an insane amount of work.

The T-34 has been made a lot better and a lot less of a Ramming machine. I didn't like how, previously, the T-34 was a 30 tonne ramming machine that just shot infantry.
24 Aug 2013, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 12:05 PMhubewa
I disagree with OP

1v1 was certainly unplayable in the days where German strafe got spammed to death.

And Cons still do an insane amount of work.

The T-34 has been made a lot better and a lot less of a Ramming machine. I didn't like how, previously, the T-34 was a 30 tonne ramming machine that just shot infantry.

the ramming skill now is totally useless and unreliable. compare that to the german blitzkrieg and the mg upgrade. wich both remain usefull for the whole game.

i do agree that ramming needed ajustment. but what they did here is just flabergasting.

Soviets won because the soviet sniper is so cheesy. That single unit is the only way you can really win against someone of equal or even lower skill. No other tactic works, it's snipers or a loss for the soviets. And this hasn't really changed with the patch except that now scout car suicide rushes are slightly more likely to succeed. Everyone who wants to try something different suffers because of the patch, and none of the base problems of the balance are addressed.

poor game design and people like me have to suffer. well im just 1 person sufering, who the fuck cares. i must be wrong.
24 Aug 2013, 14:02 PM
Donator 11

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with Soviet problems lol.

I think in terms of balance we are almost there, only major fix needed imo is MG42 and it's coming.
24 Aug 2013, 14:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Adapt. Meta has changed. Stop trying the same shit over and over.
24 Aug 2013, 14:18 PM

Its playable but not enjoyable, the game feels like micro and teching race instead of planning and flanking.
24 Aug 2013, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Ost played for two+ months with 3 man Support Teams vs unsuppressable Maxims with a broken RNade, still broken Faust, and broken AC upgun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★