Login

russian armor

My Build-Order after patch

23 Aug 2013, 23:11 PM

Hi guys, in this post (it's also my first one in here) i want to show you my general soviet build order and want to get some response about it.
My winrate with this is like 60% - 70%, but i really dont know how good i am and how good my enemys are.
Last thing you need to know is that i almost exclusively play 2v2 games so i dont know how it works in other matchups, but i tried this strategy with a mate on several matches (he went for the same build-order) and we did surprisingly good in most of the games.

Early Game:
With your first engis you capture points. Whilst doing this, build another engi squad (yes right, NO cons [ =conscript squad]). As you keep capturing with your first squad you build T2 with the 2nd squad.
When the T2 is up get 2 maxim squads, with the maxims you want to get control of the nearest fuelpoint (this can be hard and needs proper micro so you dont get stomped by microed grens, mgs, or even mortars)
If you lack stopping power get 3rd maxim out, if you are able to hold it with the 2 maxims get a mortar and back your maxims up with it.
While fighting for the fuel you want your engis to capture every possible point, avoid fight with grens. Also you should build a fuel cache and upgrade your engis with flamethrowers.
Now get out either a zis or guards, i prefer guards because they cant get flanked by enemy T2 vehicles (which are coming out now!).

By now you should have:
- 1 fuel point
- 1 fuel cache
- 2 engi squads with flamethrowers
- 2 maxims and a mortar OR 3 maxims
- 1 guards OR zis

...so what you want is that the enemy sees no other way to push through your lines than going for T2 vehicles. If this happens you finish them with guards or zis, making him waste fuel, while you never used your fuel. Now you get your T3 as fast as possible.
With this build order (if not wasted too much manpower for reinforcements) you should build your T3 right after you get out your guards or zis.

Mid Game:
This should be about 8 minutes now and you are close to get up your T3 building, as soon as you have the resources get out a t34 (yes you wait for t34, NOT t70)
If everything worked as we planned, you should now have a t34 while the enemy only has his T2 up because he wasted fuel, if he didnt waste fuel on T2 vehicles you know there will be a panzer IV soon.
What you want now in both cases is to get huge pressure on the enemy, before they can deal with your t34.
Support your t34 with your infantry and capture many points and destroy their fuel/ammo-caches when they have some, but dont get megalomaniac (lol what a word), dont sacrifize your units.
Keep building t34 and supporting infantry or guards, maybe get a 120mm mortar if you have the commander for it.

Late Game:
Not much to say about this, get T4 and 1 or 2 su85s back them up with t34s and infantry of course, dont ever allow the enemy to flank your su85s, make use of your t34s ramming ability if there is a chance of killing the enemy tank.

Some last words:
You will have alot of ammo throughout the game, set up a sh*tload of mines, they only cost 30 ammo and keep enemy tanks from pushing through your lines, plus once your enemy hit some mines, he will play way more defensive with tanks because he fears getting his tanks stuck in adverse situations.
The buffed t34 is great, the nerf of the su85 wasnt that hard since you can keep the enemy from pushing with mines and t34, also you can scout with other units so your su85 wont need to use his sight ability.
If the enemy goes for heavy infantry, get halftracks and upgrade them, carefully used for reinforcements, anti air, and anti infantry they are worth their cost, in all of my games they have always over 500% efficiency.
The key of this build-order is to make the enemy waste fuel on T2 vehicles while you save all your fuel for a t34 and crush them with your t34.
This only works if you play completly without conscripts, because they need fuel to get something done (molotov & at-nade upgrade).

As i already said, i dont know how good i am compared to others, i just wanted to share my favourite build order and wanted to get response, so please dont insult me because of this playstyle, at least i'm succesful with it.

And deal with my english ! B-)

Cheers!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight