Login

russian armor

UKF got beat with the nerf hammer (again).

15 Jul 2018, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2018, 05:54 AMCODGUY
Has anyone else noticed friggen Grens out preforming Infantry Sections? Wehrmacht's budget unit is killing a much more expensive unit and one that UKF depends on. Wehraboo whinning destroyed a once fun faction, sad.

Never4get Kappaclaus

19 Jul 2018, 09:54 AM

Oh no. You rolled a 1!

The dice must be broken.
6 Aug 2018, 08:17 AM

The main problem of UKF is its lack of viable indirect fire.

Pre nerf Mortar Bit was batshit OP, especially in team games. Post nerf it is absolutely useless as it gets countered by a single LeIG without being able to move or counter fire. Especially now as 95% of all OKW players play med HQ, you will ALWAYS see at least one LeIG.

UKF was designed around stupid gimmicks that all became obsolete by now because they were not done properly. Everything after UKF release had this typical Relic Pay2Win feeling. Build a Bofors + Mortar Pit and a Forward Retreat Point and simply bleed your opponent to death without any macro at all.

Now, emplacements in general are a "I want to lose the game please"-button. Infantry sections are somehow okay, but way too expensive. Vickers is also a good MG. But that's about it. You literally have no indirect fire as a mortar pit will be destroyed immediately and you lose 360 MP for about 10-20 shells it was able to fire before going up to flames.

The Centaur is nice but only a drop in the ocean and a gg if a Panzer IV appears. Your only AT is the AT gun (let's be honest - PIATs suck) which is good but an AT gun is only useful with snares, which UKF doesn't have without choosing one particular commander. Cromwell feels bad at the moment, Firefly is late game and really expensive for its low HP and snail speed.

Comet is trash as it doesn't hit anything. Churchill is too slow to do anything but sponging damage.

IMO land mattress commander is a must because it provides you with the only tool to counter LeIGs and LeFHs and overall Ostheer defensive gameplay.

UKF, which was designed as the "Elite Faction" (low quantity but high quality) of the Allies is now the worst in all trades. Its tanks are mediocre at best, the infantry is too expensive and unreliable. Any vehicle usually means a full retreat on ANY UKF infantry unit as no unit (besides commander units) have a single threat to vehicles.

Emplacements are a joke and just a waste of MP while they wait to be taken out by Axis indirect fire.
7 Aug 2018, 09:27 AM

How a lot of the games even up going these days, when playing as UKF, is that early game is relatively decent but can be hugely affected by map design. CC maps are a straight up death sentence for UKF. Mid is game is where things become more contested/balanced and tends to be more back and forth.

Late game where things will completely fall part as this where the axis elites and heavy indirect starts appearing. Your emplacements get swept away by one click no risk abilities. Your teams weapons get insta-wiped by rocket arty and LefH barrages which have constant vision on your positions due to OKW flares, IR halftracks, spotting scopes and cloaked racks.

This leaves you with infantry sections, Churchills and fireflies to try hold the line but you struggle to trade evenly against the axis meta of panther spam (with smoke), command panther, brumbar, obers, vet 5 volks spam and racks sneaking forward and instantly retreating. So you get slowly beaten back and ground down till there is nothing left but the surrender button.

You just don't have the stock tools to deal with stuff that is meta or comes from the axis stock roster. You can't counter rocket or fixed arty positions, you can't snare tanks and you can't clear garrisons. Its a struggle to deal with vetted inf spam and its difficult to punish axis units that over extend. Just limited options that make your strategies predictable and force you to pick certain commanders to hopefully fill the gap.

A lot of your build choices also tend to be reactionary, in that you have to build unit X to counter axis unit Y, e.g. getting a AEC to counter axis light vehicle rushes or fireflies to counter panther spam. If you try to pre-empt what the opponent is gonna do and get it wrong, then it hurts a lot as some units have very specific uses and are worthless in the wrong situation. The only time you can cause a shock to the axis is when you rush out your centaur.

The limited options problem is compounded by UKF having a number of units that are categorically worse than their counter parts while still being expensive, like the Comet, Sexton, 17pdr (Yes 17pdr is inferior to the pak43).

The only thing you can really hope on is that your axis opponent does something silly and completely over extends or that you can break them in the early game. Late game, your chances of winning are slim.
7 Aug 2018, 11:43 AM

i have no mercy because i still know about all the stuff which basically killed me off from my beloved game:

landmattress
crocodiles
commandos and gammon bomb
house vickerses
that "stun all army for 1 min arty"
and my favourite: Comets
SELF REPAIRING MORTAR PITS
Bren Blobs

btw all this stuff is still there and OP if used with a bit of mind
8 Aug 2018, 03:04 AM

i have no mercy because i still know about all the stuff which basically killed me off from my beloved game:

landmattress
crocodiles
commandos and gammon bomb
house vickerses
that "stun all army for 1 min arty"
and my favourite: Comets
SELF REPAIRING MORTAR PITS
Bren Blobs

btw all this stuff is still there and OP if used with a bit of mind

LOL! Right that stupid OKW 7.5 cm pak howtizer can 1v1 a mortar pit. Mortar pits should have 2x the health they have now to be viable. Every single thing you listed has been nerfed into the ground multiple times.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★