Login

russian armor

Looking for 2v2 replays, where Allies win..

31 May 2018, 11:50 AM

I made a post a few weeks ago; got no replies.

Looking for replays from top 500, currently I'm floating between 1000-1500 on the solo ladder; and me and my buddy are at like 2000 (no idea what we're doing wrong)

We've gotten to a point where it feels like Axis are completely dominating the 2v2 scene and just want to figure out what other teams are doing to get where they are.

31 May 2018, 12:00 PM

Arty and rushing the damn house.

That's the golden rule of 2vs2, but don't take it at face value, I will get you a replay post haste.
1 Jun 2018, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2018, 12:00 PMzarok47
Arty and rushing the damn house.

That's the golden rule of 2vs2, but don't take it at face value, I will get you a replay post haste.

Thanks; finally someone here that actually helps.
I feel that a lot of players that lurk the forums are like patiently waiting for an amazing balance patch to hit or something, but never get one :P

Almost every Vod I watch is a 2v2 allied LOSS.. and adding that on top of losing in arranged teams is just plain frustrating.
1 Jun 2018, 15:28 PM

Thanks; finally someone here that actually helps.
I feel that a lot of players that lurk the forums are like patiently waiting for an amazing balance patch to hit or something, but never get one :P

Almost every Vod I watch is a 2v2 allied LOSS.. and adding that on top of losing in arranged teams is just plain frustrating.

It's easier for people to correct someone who they think is wrong (NO unit X IS NOT OP) then it is for them to help eachother out.

Here's the first replay, it required some adjustement from my part since im used to allies dominating in 2's.

1 Jun 2018, 17:57 PM

Unfortunately I lost some nice replays as USF against some nice axis teams (due to the hotfixes), but I have this one here. Against a level 17 Korean axis team.

Feel free to ask any questions.

1 Jun 2018, 23:52 PM

Wow thanks for the replies; both games you guys just wrecked them..
Stealing those bulletins you use lol

What have you guys been doing to play against 222?
2 Jun 2018, 10:51 AM

Wow thanks for the replies; both games you guys just wrecked them..
Stealing those bulletins you use lol

What have you guys been doing to play against 222?

Same as usual, best is to get your own LV out (AEC/t70 aaht), second best is to get guards/inf sec/zooka RE and third best is an ATG.
2 Jun 2018, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2018, 17:57 PMNosliw
Unfortunately I lost some nice replays as USF against some nice axis teams (due to the hotfixes), but I have this one here. Against a level 17 Korean axis team.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Not sure how you guys even did that; it's like the axis player trolled and was trying to not use any inf at all lol or you just wiped his volks early on and he was tilted or something.

Was there a reasoning behind constantly barraging with base artillery behind the mid VP? So they can't set up there or just to launch them cause you can lol

It's strange for me to see Allies winning both high fuels. What did you guys think about the Ultra team tournament before this recent patch?
2 Jun 2018, 23:16 PM

Not sure how you guys even did that; it's like the axis player trolled and was trying to not use any inf at all lol or you just wiped his volks early on and he was tilted or something.

Was there a reasoning behind constantly barraging with base artillery behind the mid VP? So they can't set up there or just to launch them cause you can lol

It's strange for me to see Allies winning both high fuels. What did you guys think about the Ultra team tournament before this recent patch?

I think, for several reasons, we had a strong early game that put us in an easy to win position.

Reason 1: The map. Moscow Outskirts is much easier to play generally from the east or south side of the map (the side where we spawned). Il capitano show's one of the many reasons why: he sends his first squad straight to the opponent's cut off. The opponent HAS to send his early units there to defend, or else he won't be able to connect his fuel. The downside is, if the Wehrmacht sends, for example, his pioneer and MG to secure the house and strategic point, and Il capitano notices this, he can just avoid the strat point altogether and go to the fuel. This is precisely what he does. Capitano's squad baits the WM players units to defend the strat point, and capitano goes ahead and takes the undefended fuel point. It's very hard to take and defend both the strategic point and the fuel on the North side of the map.

Reason 2: Indecisiveness from the OKW player. I took our strategic point and camped it to prevent the OKW from reaching the house and subsequently cutting us off. Once my MG came up to the strategic point, I knew it could defend it alone against whatever squad was capturing the munitions point (I could see it flicker red on my minimap), and then sent my two infantry sections to take the fuel. The OKW split his units badly and was forced off from BOTH locations, and thus almost immediately lost the right side of the map. He then gave up and tried to help the WM player who also lost his side of the map, at which point my teammate and I could leave a few units to guard the fuels and move the rest to fight the German forces. Once we had double wasps out, the axis played really passively, and with only one Raketenwerfer, it was hard for them to gain much ground.

Reason 3: The OKW gave up entirely on the right side of the map, giving us a huge VP lead. From here on out we were just better positioned I guess: we had MGs covering the middle VP and were constantly barraging their side to prevent them from taking the VP. Capitano also mortared constantly the axis position. With no pressure on my side of the map, I felt free to just send my units around the middle to flank the axis repeatedly.

If you have any more thoughts/questions/concerns about anything I mentioned or didn't mention, feel free to ask.
6 Jun 2018, 07:50 AM

Any games that go into late? With Ost/OKW setups
My friend plays USF, I tend to float between Soviets and UKF
6 Jun 2018, 16:54 PM

Any games that go into late? With Ost/OKW setups
My friend plays USF, I tend to float between Soviets and UKF

Avoid USF in 2's unless you're at Nosliw's or my level, they are not suited for it.

Either brits/sov or sov/sov works best and with the current balance of brits, I would stick to sov/sov.

And I will look into it, but what do you think is late? Cuz i have a replay of 35 minutes or so, but it wasn't equal at that point anymore. I also think it's not helpfull, 90% of all games are decided within the first 10 minutes, 8% in the 5 minutes thereafter.
7 Jun 2018, 09:23 AM

its an allied win but in an unusual way though. So i might not recommend trying it but it was sure fun ^^

also note: we are not god mode level, but AT around top 200. (usf guy is top 30 with randoms though) so if thats similar to your rank u might still learn something from it. or just have fun watching xD
7 Jun 2018, 22:32 PM

Avoid USF in 2's unless you're at Nosliw's or my level, they are not suited for it.

Either brits/sov or sov/sov works best and with the current balance of brits, I would stick to sov/sov.

And I will look into it, but what do you think is late? Cuz i have a replay of 35 minutes or so, but it wasn't equal at that point anymore. I also think it's not helpfull, 90% of all games are decided within the first 10 minutes, 8% in the 5 minutes thereafter.

Is it because Rifles barely cut it for 1v1, so 2v2 its amplified? lol
8 Jun 2018, 16:12 PM

Is it because Rifles barely cut it for 1v1, so 2v2 its amplified? lol

I doubt you can claim that but anyway, 2vs2 is an arty and long range fest, stuff USF lacks. There are ways around that but at your level, you should be happy to blob succesfully and maybe pull off a flank. (no insult intended). So, stick to sov, you get everything you need and don't need to meddle with can 'o' worms brits.
4 Jul 2018, 01:35 AM

One of the worst case scenarios you can face in 2v2. OKW cheese on "camping in the woods"

We managed to effective side swap, destroy their rocket arty with a sneaky T34, and survived the onslaught that is 2 KT supported by a Strumtiger
go3
2 Aug 2018, 16:59 PM

This is a game against double wehr. Pretty much standard opening from them and how to abuse their static play in the beginning.
Also very wasteful from them to throw away 3 elefants in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★