Login

russian armor

So What Exactly Does UKF Do Now?

28 Aug 2018, 04:55 AM

.72 RA. Kind of an odd number, but not unwarranted either. Shocks get armor, and rangers/paras get insane DPS, so commandos get good base RA and camo.

If you don't mind, I'm curious about what you specifically like about them or what you like about their style. Is it the camo (sniper camo as opposed to falls/gren-upgrade stationary camo)? Gammon from camo? Ambush from camo (they don't get ambush bonuses until vet 2 IIRC)? Do you think them being 5 man now really helped in their role? What is it that you find satisfying about them, and whats the main thing that makes you want to use them.

Obviously having a strong, offensive, and mobile cqc unit as brits is amazing in and of itself, but all the things you listed about camo are great and act as serious force multipliers, especially in combination. The fact that they have sniper-type camo allows you to use them way more offensively than falls, stormtroopers, or paths and you can really come in from unexpected angles with it. Gammon from camo is some pretty cheesy bs that’s almost guaranteed to wipe support weapons and can easily wipe squads your opponent isn’t paying attention to (especially in 1v1s when most of the fighting is currently going on in other areas and you know he’s microing there). I think I played against Luciano once (who is much higher rank than me, blame matchmaking I guess) and got totally slaughtered, but I did manage to wipe a decent amount of grenadiers with sneaky gammons. I believe they still get accuracy bonuses at vet0 from camo but the speed boost requires vet2. Both are extremely useful and can allow your stens to wipe squads almost as fast as gammons and let you to win fights against far larger forces, even without other support sometimes. They can be really good in conjunction with other troops, too. Having a vickers suppress a giant blob (in teamgames usually) and then popping commandos out of camo with a gammon bomb usually results in an immediate retreat or massive casualties/wipes for them, and they do a great job of low-risk sneaky spotting for your vickers. They also work great as supporting elements in large attacks in the mid/late game and can really throw a wrench in the enemy’s defense by popping out behind their lines and wiping support weapons or retreating infantry. Being able to throw smoke is also very useful for escaping mgs and helping you attack as brits since smoke is really limited until you get tanks or a mortar pit (the latter of which usually isn’t a great idea IMO), and since they can heal out of combat and hardly lose models if used right, they are able to stay on the field for a lot longer than most infantry, especially if you have gliders to reinforce them (they usually get blown up since they’re so big though) and tend to inflict a lot more casualties than they receive.

Honestly, aside from their efficiency and power, one of the most appealing things to me is just the style and finesse they offer and how satisfying it is to pull off some crazy moves with them. I like pumas and the aec for the same reason. There’s my entire essay on commandos lol.

@Lago Having infiltration commandos be five men with demos is really nice though. I used to hesitate to use mobile assault because they just didn’t have the same killing power and durability as five men commandos, and demos are still great for quickly killing bunkers and okw bases and setting traps for buildings.
3 Sep 2018, 01:38 AM

Well the first step to fixing Brits would involve reversing every. Single. Change made to them during the Spring balance patch.
5 Sep 2018, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 01:38 AMCODGUY
Well the first step to fixing Brits would involve reversing every. Single. Change made to them during the Spring balance patch.

The issue with the spring balance patch changes, is it made it so, despite the buff, when british infantry are out of cover they still lose because they still aren't as good as anything else, and when they are in cover they now still lose to everything else anyway due to the nerfs.

They're not bad by any means, but for their price they can cost you games because they bleed your manpower hard if you start losing them and require so much babysitting from you and machine guns and commandos etc.

I basically use them to build trenches on capture points and sit them in there to hold the point as they're very good when garrisoned. Or I use them as medics.

I think comets need their fire on the move accuracy buffed again back to what it was because they are flanking units after all and currently I swear their penetration is awful. If they don't miss, they bounce, you can't flank with them due to the prevalence of axis snares, their vet 3 ability to throw grenades is virtually usless and they cost more than panthers and perform less than half as well. They have a very slightly worse 17 pdr gun (77mm) but it's penetration in terms of what it can penetrate reliably is virtually the same as the 6pdr.

The next patch gives me hope as british are FINALLY getting snares which will change the game soooo much, as 17 pdrs will become devastating combined with snares. Who knows, with snares, comets might finally be able to flank safely to get those side armour hits so they might become remotely useful too.
19 Sep 2018, 14:54 PM

The nerf to tommy squads showed heavily as the Brits are only played in team games now. Your teamates can cover your weaknesses and you can focus on your strengths, artillery and tanks. But the infantry battles you end up losing the manpower bleed as stated.

280manpower Tommy squads that cost fuel and manpower to upgrade to 5 man, can equip inferior bren LMG's and don't have a tank snare makes for easy targets for light vehicle play that will bleed you hard :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★