Login

russian armor

4v4 map pool

20 May 2018, 12:13 PM

What happened to the 4v4 map pool its pretty dam awful atm.

City 17 was removed but virtually know one voted for this yet Lanzerath Ambush, Lorch Assault and Port of Hamburg stay in the game?

Also what were the reasons for putting Across the Rhine in to 3v3 yet keeping Red Bull Express in 4v4. The maps are very similar but Across the Rhine is a larger map, more room for flanking and just suited 4v4 better than Red Ball Express.

I dont understand why there was vote and then the community is not listened to. The vote was flawed anyway as half the maps are missing from the vote.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62698/kick-out-4vs4-maps
20 May 2018, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2018, 12:13 PMMongal
What happened to the 4v4 map pool its pretty dam awful atm.

City 17 was removed but virtually know one voted for this yet Lanzerath Ambush, Lorch Assault and Port of Hamburg stay in the game?

Also what were the reasons for putting Across the Rhine in to 3v3 yet keeping Red Bull Express in 4v4. The maps are very similar but Across the Rhine is a larger map, more room for flanking and just suited 4v4 better than Red Ball Express.

I dont understand why there was vote and then the community is not listened to. The vote was flawed anyway as half the maps are missing from the vote.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62698/kick-out-4vs4-maps

Luckily, there are vetoes. I do agree that some of the maps have gotten quite stale, although lets be honest City 17 was horribly unbalanced. I would personally like to see more maps in the map pool as well as more vetoes.
21 May 2018, 17:10 PM

I like Port of Hamburg =(

But yeah, Lorch Assault is godawful.
22 May 2018, 00:25 AM

While I'm not a fan of Lanzerath or Lorch, Port is like my favorite map after Steppes.

Bring back Montargis!
22 May 2018, 05:09 AM

If only there were more people who cared about 4v4 maps. As you can see by the low number of replies, no one on COH2.Org cares enough to reply.

We are in dire need for some new maps but they are a fair bit of work and they need 8 competent players to test them. They need to be played several times and matches can run over an hour. So 8 hours per player minimum is required just to get a good feel of how balanced the map is.

RELIC please consider some new 4v4 maps ... please ... Map contest???
22 May 2018, 17:24 PM

I'd even be ok with just cycling some of the older ones back in.
23 May 2018, 16:16 PM

Port of Hamburg is fine early and mid game but late game its just to easy for axis team to lock allies out the map by pushing them across the choke points and then its gg. If they removed the 3 northern choke points, the big bridge, the destructable bridge and the small opening by the right fuel it would make the map alot better. HTD and walking stukas just laugh at these choke points.

Id be up for some old maps being put back in rotation and more vetos to. Hill 331 wasnt even that bad it was a symmetrical map and always fine in COH. COH2 players just need to learn to change the angle on the camera to see the contours so you could position AT guns etc effectively.

City 17 should definately be put back in rotation imo. City 17 and Steppes are like the original COH2 4v4 maps. I dont think City 17 was imbalanced there is so many units on the field in 4v4 you can normal counter the map in front of you. Its choke points that destroy the balance in 4v4.
23 May 2018, 21:18 PM
Patrion 14

bring back montargis region
23 May 2018, 21:32 PM
Donator 11

The 4v4 map pool could really do with a bit of a shake-up. Many tolerable but not that great. They are, at the very best, not Shittard Summer.
23 May 2018, 21:38 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The 4v4 map pool could really do with a bit of a shake-up. Many tolerable but not that great. They are, at the very best, not Shittard Summer.

The problem is that u need way more time for the 4vs4 maps compared to the competitive based 1on1/2on2 maps.
Relic wont bring new maps because they wont work on maps.
I cant see any 4on4 map contest (u would need a lot of time, amount of maps in the last contest was limited (i think there were 8 mappers?), feedback was limited and bad (by players and devs) and it was a nightmare of organisation).
So for new maps you could try to find content at the workshop. Perhaps you can try to get in contact with Relic to bring workshop maps ingame but i think most of the content creators have already stopped playing/working with CoH.

So i wont expect any new maps in the future... :(
23 May 2018, 21:53 PM
Donator 11

stuff

I would never expect them to actually add any new maps. I was pleasantly surprised when the few we have were tweaked. I just like to think that some day we can get rid of the real bad ones like Lorch.
23 May 2018, 21:58 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I would never expect them to actually add any new maps. I was pleasantly surprised when the few we have were tweaked. I just like to think that some day we can get rid of the real bad ones like Lorch.

Fun fact: Relic isnt improving those maps ;) The community members are improving the maps. But that is another story.
To be honest i have idea about the number of 4on4 maps that is in rotation at the moment.
But i'm always a fan of new content/new maps. CoH has a solide wb. It is - more or less - shame that Relic wont use those resources to improve CoH.
23 May 2018, 22:18 PM

Why dont they just update the map "Face off at Rostov"?
23 May 2018, 22:54 PM

Relic should just add all the maps in and give the option for unlimited vetos, so people who want to play the maps can and those who don't can veto. Win win situation
23 May 2018, 22:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 22:54 PMF1sh
Relic should just add all the maps in and give the option for unlimited vetos, so people who want to play the maps can and those who don't can veto. Win win situation

If vetoes block all maps, the map is chosen ignoring them. So no, you would not like having unlimited vetos as that would mean as much as having no veto system at all.
23 May 2018, 22:59 PM

If vetoes block all maps, the map is chosen ignoring them. So no, you would not like having unlimited vetos as that would mean as much as having no veto system at all.

Alright then, Relic should add all maps back in, and add unlimited vetos for those maps specifically. Then you still have the original map pool that is mandatory. I always thought it was stupid to remove certain maps, just add the option not to play them.
23 May 2018, 23:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 22:59 PMF1sh

Alright then, Relic should add all maps back in, and add unlimited vetos for those maps specifically. Then you still have the original map pool that is mandatory.

That could work, although they would have to do a lot of implementation work for that. And there haven't been a single patch that would change actual executables for at least 2 years. All the changes are done in resources like stat files. The reason is that there is no programming team hired to develop new features for this 5 year old game.

Also even if they did that, it would be still very rare to play on that map. Calculate yourself, how big is the chance that you will find 7 crazy people of your level, searching at the same time for automatch, who would unveto the same deprecated map?

To conclude even if they implemented such a feature, it would still be the best solution to create custom game in order to play these maps. Just like you can do right now.
23 May 2018, 23:27 PM

I would say ANY map would be better than Lorch Assault. Maybe we need to do a Seasonal Map Cup for 3v3 and 4v4 maps. At least then we may draw some players for testing :) I vote Rommel runs it :)

Here is my first map submission Rommel:
Road To Arnhem

It will need some work of course :foreveralone:
24 May 2018, 06:01 AM
Senior Caster Badge

4's maps are rather weird and i hope there are going to come a lot new maps so 4's is fun again.
24 May 2018, 14:37 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 23:27 PMRosbone
I would say ANY map would be better than Lorch Assault. Maybe we need to do a Seasonal Map Cup for 3v3 and 4v4 maps. At least then we may draw some players for testing :) I vote Rommel runs it :)

Here is my first map submission Rommel:
Road To Arnhem

It will need some work of course :foreveralone:

Basing on Tric's experience i'm not interested in any contest hosting.
It's not worth it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS