Login

russian armor

My opinion on the units post patch.

25 Aug 2013, 06:51 AM

Permanently Banned
SU76 can do a little of everything. Jack of all trades vehicle.
25 Aug 2013, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2013, 06:51 AMNullist

it's a piece of shit which waste 65 fuel into nothing and only has 320 HP
25 Aug 2013, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2013, 06:51 AMNullist

Yes, just like the beloved Brummbär. Which atleast is fairly efficient against infantry and stuns soviet vehicles pretty often (plus does constant damage with deflect), even if it is obviously overpriced for this niche.

The SU76 needs to do *something* better, because it can't kill infantry except through barrage (how many people stand around in one after the first shot?) and it can't damage tanks if they don't show their rear to it (the su76 isn't exactly maneuverable so you're not really doing "flanking" with it so much as you're leaving it standing somewhere and hoping stuff goes past).

I guess if they dropped the price down to 40 fuel they'd be slightly more enticing as an annoyance unit. Sometimes a point blank barrage is just what you need...those situations just don't come often and the rest of the time you're wishing you had some other unit.
25 Aug 2013, 08:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Any buff would have to carry a nerf to some other of its elements.

It currently doesma little bit of everythinf, adjusting one of those capacities would require reducing another as well.
SU76 not maneuverable? Wat? Its like on permanent Overdrive.

I am going to completely ignore that ridiculous comparison of Brummbar to SU76.
25 Aug 2013, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2013, 08:11 AMNullist
Any buff would have to carry a nerf to some other of its elements.

It currently doesma little bit of everythinf, adjusting one of those capacities would require reducing another as well.

I am going to completely ignore that ridiculous comparison of Brummbar to SU76.

Ignore it if you want, they're more similar than you think. Especially in how useful they are compared to the alternatives available to the faction, and how glad you are to see that the opponent made one instead of the other units in the same tier.

The SU76 currently does nothing well enough to justify the cost, relatively low as it might be. It can't hit light vehicles (and loses to a scout car anyway in a shooting match because it can't track it fast enough) and it can't do notable damage to heavier ones. Without barrage it can't damage infantry (su85 kills at 2-3 times the rate) and the barrage is like a 120mm mortar round (non precision) on a huge timer with shorter range. It can't even destroy buildings except by driving right up to them to barrage because the scatter on it is so large it'll miss most shots in the barrage if you're not firing from 5m away. Which, with the 320hp and ostwind armor on the thing, is generally not a very good idea
25 Aug 2013, 08:33 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2013, 08:21 AMCruzz
The SU76 currently does nothing well enough to justify the cost, relatively low as it might be.

It does everything a little bit. That justifies its cost.
25 Aug 2013, 08:47 AM

I have given my fair investment of time to SU-76's and have concluded they are good units and I believe have won me games where the standard SU-85/katuysha would have failed. If your going to get them, 3 SU-76's is a perfect number in my opinion.

The strength of SU-76 play shines when your opponent aims to play for a heavy T2 based play and transitions to T3. Against this style of play they cover one another extremely well provided you use barrage individually. Whilst one is barraging, the other SU-76's can fire normally which often misses but causes the opponents units to frequently jump, sort of like the PTSR guard rifles. If they move out of the barrage circle, you simply barrage closer with another SU-76. Make them run the gauntlet and if they choose to retreat, you can hunt them down to the base under some circumstances.

You will be surprised how 3 SU-76's can also handle a P4 tank as long as you have good map awareness and conscript/guard support. The SU-76 outrange the P4 and penetrate quite frequently. Not bad in my eyes, but just beware that thy die fast so you have to keep up that reverse micro.

If you go for an katuysha/SU-85 against heavy T2 play you can sometimes get in a world of hurt. Heavy t2 HT, shreck, pak40 to t3/ostwind or t4/brummbar is my favourite method of killing these standard T1-T4 Soviets. SU-76 though is a great unit because you can extremely easily deal with the infantry threats whilst having a solid transition unit as the Ostheer player begins to get tanks. Sometimes you can get caught out going for Katuysha then an SU-85 to deal with the infantry heavy T2, where a quick Ostwind/P4 can sometimes suprise you.

SU-76 is an under rated unit that just demands a different mindset and playstyle.
25 Aug 2013, 14:50 PM

I have given my fair investment of time to SU-76's and have concluded they are good units and I believe have won me games where the standard SU-85/katuysha would have failed. If your going to get them, 3 SU-76's is a perfect number in my opinion.

The strength of SU-76 play shines when your opponent aims to play for a heavy T2 based play and transitions to T3. Against this style of play they cover one another extremely well provided you use barrage individually. Whilst one is barraging, the other SU-76's can fire normally which often misses but causes the opponents units to frequently jump, sort of like the PTSR guard rifles. If they move out of the barrage circle, you simply barrage closer with another SU-76. Make them run the gauntlet and if they choose to retreat, you can hunt them down to the base under some circumstances.

You will be surprised how 3 SU-76's can also handle a P4 tank as long as you have good map awareness and conscript/guard support. The SU-76 outrange the P4 and penetrate quite frequently. Not bad in my eyes, but just beware that thy die fast so you have to keep up that reverse micro.

If you go for an katuysha/SU-85 against heavy T2 play you can sometimes get in a world of hurt. Heavy t2 HT, shreck, pak40 to t3/ostwind or t4/brummbar is my favourite method of killing these standard T1-T4 Soviets. SU-76 though is a great unit because you can extremely easily deal with the infantry threats whilst having a solid transition unit as the Ostheer player begins to get tanks. Sometimes you can get caught out going for Katuysha then an SU-85 to deal with the infantry heavy T2, where a quick Ostwind/P4 can sometimes suprise you.

SU-76 is an under rated unit that just demands a different mindset and playstyle.

This is almost exactly how I would have put it. SU-76 definitely justifies it's cost. I'd love to have those in pretty much any game.
raw
25 Aug 2013, 14:52 PM

You will be surprised how 3 SU-76's can also handle a P4 tank as long as you have good map awareness and conscript/guard support.

You will be surprised how a single T-70 can handle a P4 tank as long as you have good map awareness and conscript/guard support.
25 Aug 2013, 17:28 PM

Going to add that the Tiger in particular is in a much better position with the AT nade and ram changes. Now brings something to the field lighter tanks don't and can spend some time on the field before getting its speed at naded away. I'd imagine the same carries to the IS-2 but I'm not sure.
26 Aug 2013, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 14:12 PMNullist
As I said. Biased Sov rant. Stop trying to pretend, please. I can respond in an equally patrisan fashion how your claims above are incorrect, but the Id be doing what you are as well. You started good, but lost it when the paragraphs began. If you truly are unilateral, post an equivalent section from Ost perspective. I will concede my claim at that point gladly.

PS: Whats your Steam ID?

I've been looking through some of this forum's threads, and almost in all of them u're the guy who keeps whining and bitching about how soviets are op and stuff. I've really seen a ton of ur snots that can be easily taken as a "biased german rant". Would u be so kind and provide ur steam ID so anyone could take you as a guy who really wants to even things out and not a girl that gets raped everytime she launches this game
26 Aug 2013, 13:21 PM

Heavy tanks definitely benefit from these changes, and I encourage fielding them more to see if they're any better now.
26 Aug 2013, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned

I've been looking through some of this forum's threads, and almost in all of them u're the guy who keeps whining and bitching about how soviets are op and stuff. I've really seen a ton of ur snots that can be easily taken as a "biased german rant". Would u be so kind and provide ur steam ID so anyone could take you as a guy who really wants to even things out and not a girl that gets raped everytime she launches this game

No, all you are getting from me after that post is a spot on my ignore list, and hopefully a warning from moderation.

Goodbye.
26 Aug 2013, 13:35 PM

You may not like Nullist (I've come to find those ornery ways vaguely loveable) but that is a fucking horrible misogynistic thing to say.
27 Aug 2013, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 13:23 PMNullist

No, all you are getting from me after that post is a spot on my ignore list, and hopefully a warning from moderation.

Goodbye.

Just like I thought. U r just bad at this game. And the only true thing u want is the "instant win" button. And i'd like to point out that in case SU gets its nerf, t-34 will obviously get buffed eventually followed by ur new crappy posts about how t-34s are op and u always get owned by them unable to win the game by spamming p4's. Correct me if i'm mistaken.
raw
28 Aug 2013, 16:38 PM

I really like the game and its a fun RTS but the developers are going way too slow on fixing balance issues and even with the latest patch seem to be going the wrong way and making balance issues even worse. We need more dev support quickly. I never heard of relic before picking up this game and i see why.

My record with German is about 64/40 and most of those loses were when i was first starting to play. They are much much easier to handle and much simplier play design. U pretty much micro ur mg42's and grens until u can get a p4 better armor and its pretty much GG. (i know im oversimplifying) but its a very easy to play faction and very powerful (imo since last patch they are glaringly overpowered) Its still fun from to play them from time to time and i know alot of german players will cry because, lets face it, they either dont play the other faction very often at all, or they just dont see whats obvious.

one look on the leaderboards show that there are much more german players than soviet players. also, its very easy to move up to decent ranking with soviets because there is less a pool of players, soviets are just much more difficult to play effectively.

I started playing soviets recently and am 46/40 which puts me floating around rank 500. They are more fun to play because it is alot more challenging and i feel like im flying by the seat of my pants most the game playing against the german war machine. But it is too discouraging knowing your out playing your opponent in every way and still losing in the end because of balance issues.

(now the rest of this post is me ranting about the balance issues i find most bothersome, please bare with me and please lets talk civily about this without fanboyism, its ruining the game acting like everythings okay, since its obvious the devs dont know what to do)

Mg42 is too cheap, strong, and powerful for early game when most soviets cant make mg's at all. Plus flanking is useless u might kill 1 guy.

Mg32's on your grens before u even upgrade to t2 make them able to completely decimate any conscript squads or other early game infantry. The upgrade needs to atleast be t2.

Armored cars now trump all early game counters to the mg42 even more than before as well as chew infantry at the same time. But whats worse, is that if the armored car gets a vet star or two (which for some reason it gains veterancy VERY quickly) then it becomes nearly as powerful and durable as a t34 or p4. They counter snipers very effectively as well (the other mg42 counter) And this is early game.

armored cars and flamer halftracks gain veterency too quickly, making them able to tank 3-4+ AT shells which is just absurd. and gaurd cant touch them. vet 2-3 armored car can kill a regular t70.

all soviet t3 is a joke. even with t34 buff and nuetering its ramming ability, by the time a soviet can get t3 your pulling out p4's which are so so much better than t34's. Pretty much if you go t3 you just lost the game in most scenarios unless u did so very quickly for the t70 rush and u have kept the german player fuel-less thus far, otherwise ur t70 is going to get 2 shot by a panzer shortly after getting on the field.

if you go t2 your risking being owned by mg's becaues u will have no counter other than slow mortars, soviet buildings cost so much fuel you can realistically only pick 2 buildings without falling behind. something germans dont have to worry about,.

conscripts now are even more garbage, as AT nades which helped us stand a small chance against german armor have now been nerfed and oorah has been doubled in price.

and u nerfed su85 too? really? the other chance we have against german armor? every single one of the other tanks soviets have gets killed by anything p4 up and now our one slow lumbering chance of survival has been nerfed as well? what are the devs thinking? without an su85 its pretty much game over in late game.

and last but not least, these balance issues have made it so soviets seem to only have 1 option/strategy which i see all top players using, this leads to boring predictable game play and sucks the fun right out of the game, it even sucks the strategy out of a real time strategy game. Im done and going back to planetside2 till some balance is returned to the game. The community here needs to speak up more about issues instead of acting like the game is completely fine. Thats how games die out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/1l6cm4/after_200_games_as_both_factions_i_quit_until/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★