Login

russian armor

suggwstion for at inf.

5 May 2018, 04:08 AM

how about adding only attack tank button for at infantry to make the unit which holds at gun to shoot tank only. it can help at inf in the car to shoot only tanks by preventing shoot wrong targets. or is it too allies friendly?

is it right to write this kind of articles here?
5 May 2018, 06:33 AM

Would be nice to see PGrens, Riflemen and all-other AT equipped infantry only fire their weapons at tanks.
5 May 2018, 12:00 PM

Mr smith (i think it was him, cuz remember talking with some modder about a change like this) was actually trying to implement this in the december patch. But there were quite a few buggy issues. For example the other models in the squad would not fire at infantry any more, and there were issues with the command turning off in garrisons/vehicles and thus not solving the target problem (like firing out of a halftrack). Correct me if im wrong.
5 May 2018, 12:35 PM

and there were issues with the command turning off in garrisons/vehicles and thus not solving the target problem (like firing out of a halftrack). Correct me if im wrong.

Sounds very plausible because the Raketten's target vehicle command is also ignored once it enters a garrison. I'd suggest infantry AT weapons not targeting infantry at all, unless ordered manually. But I suppose they already considered something like that then.
5 May 2018, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

Sounds very plausible because the Raketten's target vehicle command is also ignored once it enters a garrison. I'd suggest infantry AT weapons not targeting infantry at all, unless ordered manually. But I suppose they already considered something like that then.

Pgrens would lose a lot if they couldn't fire at infantry. In the end they keep 2 of their stgs, so double AT squad is equivalent of a single AI one dps wise at full health. I'm pretty sure piat IS, zooked riflemen and shrecked sturmpios would be hurt a lot as well. Especially when you consider that you can use weapon rack to get one AI and one AT upgrade for same squad.

Also, even if they managed to change targetting of a single model handling AT weapon, as oppose to whole squad, another problems arise. Handheld at weapons are very useful at destroying cover in infantry engagements. There are also some weapons that are both AT and AI, like guard PTRS. Should it fire only at vehicles, it would take a bunch of AI dps off guard squad.
5 May 2018, 13:13 PM

Pgrens would lose a lot if they couldn't fire at infantry. In the end they keep 2 of their stgs, so double AT squad is equivalent of a single AI one dps wise at full health. I'm pretty sure piat IS, zooked riflemen and shrecked sturmpios would be hurt a lot as well. Especially when you consider that you can use weapon rack to get one AI and one AT upgrade for same squad.

Also, even if they managed to change targetting of a single model handling AT weapon, as oppose to whole squad, another problems arise. Handheld at weapons are very useful at destroying cover in infantry engagements. There are also some weapons that are both AT and AI, like guard PTRS. Should it fire only at vehicles, it would take a bunch of AI dps off guard squad.

Nobody puts piats on IS because they have a hefty reload increase. it's only worth putting them on engies
5 May 2018, 13:59 PM

I didn't suggest they couldn't ever fire AT at infantry. I suggested they would hold fire (on inf) on default and players could attack click on enemy squads to make them fire the AT weapon.

Basically just like the way vehicle only fire works on ATG/armor but being default instead of an option. This way it would still work in garrisons.
5 May 2018, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

I didn't suggest they couldn't ever fire AT at infantry. I suggested they would hold fire (on inf) on default and players could attack click on enemy squads to make them fire the AT weapon.

Basically just like the way vehicle only fire works on ATG/armor but being default instead of an option. This way it would still work in garrisons.

Well, do you really click on every unit in infantry engagements? Or do you rather use auto attack or attack move in most cases, like me?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★