Login

russian armor

Trouble with USF I am having

3 May 2018, 05:09 AM

Howdy I have been struggling with the USF for a while now.

So
Rifle rifle rifle

Then if I go LT how do you counter light vehicles? RE Zooks? I have been having trouble against OKW and OST vehicles except the 222. LT has MGS which at low levels you need for blobs for sure, absolutely.

If you go Captain light vehicle are easier cause you have Stuart & AT, but then no MG.

So I have been going LT and holding out for a Jackson but I am getting pushed off my fuel or cutoffs.

If I go both PZ4 comes out much quicker because of the light vehicles. So I am way behind.

AA halftrack is pretty squishy for PZ2 and FLackHalftrack. 222 and flamer halftrack is easy enough to deal with.

Gahhh am I making any sense? I have 75 games as USA and I am about 40% win%. Pretty bad I figure.

By the way this isn't a balance thing, this is a I want to be better at USF thing.

Would love to make em work, what do you all do?
3 May 2018, 08:33 AM

Counters to light vehicles with LT:
-Zooks.
-AA Halftrack if properly positioned(wouldn't engage a puma or luchs with it. though)
-.50cal.
-m20 mines/m20 crew.
-Vet 1 rifles.
3 May 2018, 08:47 AM

Go for the Recon commander, gives you AT just in time. (When going for lT), when going for Captain, your best option would be either pershing or airborne.

Also if you're afraid of his vehicles you could go a fast m20 and use its mines.
3 May 2018, 10:39 AM

AA halftrack is pretty squishy for PZ2 and FLackHalftrack. 222 and flamer halftrack is easy enough to deal with.

The AAHT beats the Flak HT if the Flak HT isn't set up: it can get a couple of shots in before the Flak HT can deploy and fire back. Against a Luchs you'll need some AT support like Bazooka Rear Echelons to swing the fight in your favour.

I find Bazooka Rear Echelons and Vet 1 Rifleman AT grenades are usually enough to hold off light vehicles until you can get the AT gun drop down.
3 May 2018, 12:19 PM

Hey Ivan.

I've been lurking on your twitch stream from time to time, and I think there are a variety of areas that could make you improve significantly without much effort or having to improve your micro :)

The best way to help you would probably be to upload some replays and request a review so it is easier to give you some concrete and constructive feedback on what you could work on :)
4 May 2018, 09:28 AM

Howdy I have been struggling with the USF for a while now.

So
Rifle rifle rifle

Then if I go LT how do you counter light vehicles? RE Zooks? I have been having trouble against OKW and OST vehicles except the 222. LT has MGS which at low levels you need for blobs for sure, absolutely.

If you go Captain light vehicle are easier cause you have Stuart & AT, but then no MG.

So I have been going LT and holding out for a Jackson but I am getting pushed off my fuel or cutoffs.

If I go both PZ4 comes out much quicker because of the light vehicles. So I am way behind.

Gahhh am I making any sense? I have 75 games as USA and I am about 40% win%. Pretty bad I figure.

By the way this isn't a balance thing, this is a I want to be better at USF thing.

Would love to make em work, what do you all do?

I was watching your stream today, I think you lack some experience and decision making when the situation is getting hot.

I recommend you to stick to Lieutenant first, HMGs are essential vs Ostheer and OKW meta. You'll see that the Stuart isn't a really great counter at the moment and the fact both factions can and will support their light vehicle with pak or raketen.
You can try T1 and T2, see how it works having both HMGs and Atgun and learn to manipulate them.

Last option you can use is the armor doctrine and the M10 wolverine. You need to unlock T3 to use it but it only cost 90 fuel (compare to Jackson 140 fuel), so you get it around the same time the first pz4 hit the field. The unit itself is more than enough to stop and chase any Pz4.
5 May 2018, 04:19 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I will definitely try the M10 route. And for sure I find I get real lost when the fight gets busy. I will stick to LT and work on it!

Thanks again all : )
6 May 2018, 23:13 PM

If you ever need anymore help, be sure to save a replay of a hard fought win or loss, so we can review it and help you improve. USF is a faction that is easy to play and hard to master but it's very fun and rewarding to learn either way in 1vs1.
8 May 2018, 08:08 AM

Double zook RE and rifle nades is the LT. solution.
Captain has the AT gun but needs extra BARs to deal with the lack of HMG.
12 May 2018, 03:53 AM

I agree with what someone said earliar, get an m20

The crew can pick up zooks too can't they?

Not gonna lie though, if you play someone good that 222 will never die unless you AT gun it or dive for it. Rifles are never gonna get close unless there's an MG baiting
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★