Login

russian armor

NEW MOD RELEASED --- Make CoH Great Again

28 Apr 2018, 00:02 AM

For over half a year i've been slaving to make a mod for Company of Heroes 2. If you were a fan of CoH 1 and found that CoH 2 still isn't that great, despite of updates and expansions, then this mod is for you.

It aims to take all the best from CoH 1, to tackle some of the big design flaws of CoH 2, and generally to improve on it to make it a better player experience.

The changes are too many to mention here, but the following screenshots from the trailer, highlights some of the biggest features.

The mod and discussions about it are featured on my joint youtube channel DespeLearns2CoH:

Trailer:

The mod itself can be found on Steam Workshop here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1372043496&result=1

I set up a discord channel for you to find others to play the mod with:
https://discord.gg/9FQgqf7

Stay tuned for a walkthrough video that details all the changes.
28 Apr 2018, 00:59 AM

i thought you guy were left COH2 LUL glad to see Despe L2COH again
28 Apr 2018, 01:29 AM

Thanks, but yeah, the point of our channel was initially to do those videos about CoH, so when we were done, our 'mission' was done too. But now there's gonna be some fresh content again, not just about CoH but about strategy games in general too :-)
28 Apr 2018, 07:31 AM

NOTE: If you subscribed to the mod prior to this message, please make sure you're actually subscribed, since i re-published the mod just now.
28 Apr 2018, 11:33 AM
Donator 11

Looks like a fun comp stomp mod, definitely will bring some coh1 compstompers to coh2.

28 Apr 2018, 23:02 PM

Pretty funny how the return of sniper cancer is called "removing coh2 design flaws" :P But that only matters in automatch so it doesn't make the mod any worse of course.

Hehe well that's just it, it's not the same dynamic as in CoH 1. There were several reasons why snipers back then were that good. The camouflage toggle was one, but squad size was a big one, which is why snipers don't have the same efficiency in this mod, especially against the soviets with their huge squads. But now snipers actually feel nice to use again, and it's made counter-sniping easier too, as the dependency on cover could be quite micro-intensive when moving around.
29 Apr 2018, 13:33 PM

Just set up a discord channel for ppl to find others to play the mod with: https://discord.gg/9FQgqf7
30 Apr 2018, 05:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So this is to take the good from coh1 and put it into coh2, with changes made for the different factions and what-not? I remember there being a CoH1 mod that was abandoned awhile back.

I looked at the video and saw some things that, to the best of my memory, were not present in CoH1. Mainly the huge squad sizes, which tell me that this is more of a overhaul than a port.
30 Apr 2018, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 05:37 AMLugie
So this is to take the good from coh1 and put it into coh2, with changes made for the different factions and what-not? I remember there being a CoH1 mod that was abandoned awhile back.

I looked at the video and saw some things that, to the best of my memory, were not present in CoH1. Mainly the huge squad sizes, which tell me that this is more of a overhaul than a port.

Taking the good stuff was only a part of the mod, but it was the most important of the tenants that i wanted to implement. You will also see that the commanders from CoH 1 are in fact not all exact replicas. Some have been tweaked for various reasons.
30 Apr 2018, 09:20 AM

Nice mod good job
30 Apr 2018, 09:26 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I will try this one out! Nice work
30 Apr 2018, 11:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge

10/10 very balans
30 Apr 2018, 22:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Taking the good stuff was only a part of the mod, but it was the most important of the tenants that i wanted to implement. You will also see that the commanders from CoH 1 are in fact not all exact replicas. Some have been tweaked for various reasons.

Aye, I think thats the best way to do it. Hopefully this mod stays alive and well, best of luck with it, and all that good stuff you say/wish for.
1 May 2018, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 22:14 PMLugie

Aye, I think thats the best way to do it. Hopefully this mod stays alive and well, best of luck with it, and all that good stuff you say/wish for.

Haha, thanks man it will, glad you appreciate it :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS