33%
52%
14%
0%
Total votes: 21
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Apr 2018, 14:35 PM

Hey There,

I have played about 50 games in mp as the British. I am not a fan of emplacements in general and don't like to build them.

My build order goes something like this.

-Start with one inf
-Inf
-Vickers
-Inf
-5 man squads
-Tier One
-Engie
-Forward Operating Base next to my HQ
-Healing Station
-AT gun - often too late...
-Brens
-Grenades - helps with MGs
-AEC-This doesn't usually pay for itself for me because I end up losing it pretty quick but it does scare people sometimes. Also I force myself to use light vehicles to get better at them.
-Then tanks usually 1 Anti-Aircraft Tank then Fireflies

I upgrade my infantry with the Arty Call-In instead of healing because I figure if I need healing I probably need to re-enforce too. Also it gives me indirect fire to at least force retreats.

I really only use the Commander with Engie Flamethrower. Any lost squads I replace with Commandos.

I haven't built a Churchill before. I played against one and found them VERY tough to kill. I may be trying this in the future.

One problem I am having is dealing with multiple MGs or 2x Mortars.

Am I putting myself at a disadvantage with this build order?

Am I blobbing if I have 3 Infantry advancing from different directions to push of an MG?

Any tips would be great and thanks in advance.

Ivan the Terrible
I see your Blob and Raise you a Blob and a Half!
24 Apr 2018, 14:52 PM

Blobbing is when you treat your infantry as one giant squad. Flanking an MG isn't blobbing.
24 Apr 2018, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 14:52 PMLago
Blobbing is when you treat your infantry as one giant squad. Flanking an MG isn't blobbing.

That is what I thought too but I do get accused of it time to time, but I guess they are bitter melons : )
24 Apr 2018, 16:15 PM

It looks like you have a pretty good build order as early 5 man squads can give you an advantage in many situations. A couple of ideas -

The early-ish healing station in base isn't a must and could be MP and Munitions spent on earlier Brens or another squad of Flamer Sappers for more map pressure. If you must have healing consider the Medics from Vanguard glider - they are cheaper and work about as well. You hold map control better with Medkit Tommies staying topped off on health in the field and 1 squad of Arty Tommies to force off HMGs.

Against OKW I try to have an AT gun by 6:30 Minutes which is about when you might get hit by Flak HT. Another option is to premptively tech AEC but only build it when you see a light vehicle (the tech cost isn't that expensive and minimizes the time you get pushed around by light vehicle). Otherwise AEC is just dead weight and delays your Centaur (especially if you are dumping in fuel to upgrades early which is major weakness of this build).

Against OST player who is support weapon spamming consider using a Sniper - Pyrotechnic Tommy spotting for Sniper means you can force retreats easily as they usually have fewer Grenadiers to push back with. Sniper also has a longer Arty Flare range you can use as well for support weapon clusters. Just make sure you have mines/AEC/AT Tommies to cover Sniper from light vehicle counter.

Hope that helps.
24 Apr 2018, 17:57 PM

Great response, Thanks! I will try that out and see how I make out.
12 May 2018, 15:54 PM

I think every UKF player needs to know how to use a bren carrier. It's the best way to stay aggressive in the early game.

The micro is easy too, just reverse move and shoot at volks that chase your bren carrier.

Later on you can park him by your mortar pit or mg team..

Its very hard for allies to use MG's, wiring is super crucial.

As for commando's you are better off going with the standard commander tree over vanguard because of the smoke assault is insane, you can literally smoke a guys base and demo them and they can't do anything to stop it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight