Login

russian armor

Operation Barbarossa: Schildkröte Impossible on General?

14 Apr 2018, 15:43 PM

So i decided to try out Operation Barbarossa after finishing all the missions for Case Blue and i did blitzkrieg and Officer Assassination. They were all Perfect on general difficulty, not to hard not to easy. I tried doing the Schildkröte mission and I'm sadly incapable of doing it. IS it my fault or is this mission plain impossible?
14 Apr 2018, 15:57 PM

Is this the defend against waves mission?

It's rather hard to beat. If I can remember it correctly rushing flames is key. Wiring off access routes is big too.

The only way I beat that mission on General is by sorta glitching the match. The first few waves can't deal damage to your HQ, so if you abandon the HQ and hide for a bit on the map edge you can stack some MP before things get crazy as the waves come after the last one is fully eliminated.
14 Apr 2018, 16:12 PM

the way how i beated it was pretty cheesy, beat some first waves for resources (and cps) then just defeat a wave for 80%. leave it shoot at your hq for like 2hrs and go cook and eat your meal. then return to the game and enjoy all the resources u have stacked and find your hq still at 80% hp.

the most efficient units to build are snipers and bunkers and some mortar (hts)

its quite a while since i played that mission so i dont know at what wave i 'paused' playin, but afterward i had so many resources i won easily by spammin the stuka planes and railways ^^

PS i think i remember again how i kept the next wave from spawning, i blocked 1 entrance (on the (far) left) so the units that spawned there previously never manged to get to my base and get killed so the next wave wouldnt start. so i went away collectiong resources for like 2hrs and then i set up a proper defense and destroyed the other waves :clap:
14 Apr 2018, 18:04 PM

First Wave: Wire off the left of your base from the railcar to the map edge. Build a mortar, upgrade your pios with flamers and tech BP1. Let them attack your buildings, the mortar's going to carry this wave. Use your flamers to engage AFTER the infantry is already shooting your HQ.

Second Wave: Same deal, buildings tank, mortar + flamers wipe. Get T2 plus a Flamer HT, then a Pak.

Third Wave: Use your Flamer Pios + Mortar to kill the PTRS guards, Pak for the Clown Cars, FHT to mop up the blob. FHT and mortar covered all my AI needs, so I didn't both spending MP to recrew the Maxims.

Fourth Wave: Use the FHT to hunt the flamers. They're pretty dangerous, so don't bother building more infantry yet. FHT can run rampant minus the Zis Gun.

Fifth Wave: Build another Pak, use your FHT to aggressively murder the waves away from your base and bounce from wave to wave.

Sixth: Same as before, FHT goes wild. Get a Gren, steal the PTRS rifles with them, you're going to need their snare.

Final Wave: The biggest threat are the two waves of armor. The first wave of T70s can be dealt with by 2 paks + Zis + PTRS grens. Try to deal with the T34s away from the base so CAS can shred them. The last wave is a total clusterfuck and really depends on how close the infantry and vehicles spawn to one another.
15 Apr 2018, 15:35 PM

Thanks guys I'll try both approaches and see if I make it.
15 Apr 2018, 23:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's really hard but I can confirm it's possible. You need to think creatively and probably cheese the hell out of it :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 13
France 2
New Zealand 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %