Login

russian armor

Heavy T1 Builds

8 Apr 2018, 21:26 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering about heavy T1 builds. How many grens are typical in a heavy t1 and should I get more than 1 mortar or mg if I decide to go heavy t1. Also in what situation is good to go a sniper? I'd also like to know peoples t1 heavy build orders. Thanks!
13 Apr 2018, 14:50 PM
Patrion 14

Hey guys, I was wondering about heavy T1 builds. How many grens are typical in a heavy t1 and should I get more than 1 mortar or mg if I decide to go heavy t1. Also in what situation is good to go a sniper? I'd also like to know peoples t1 heavy build orders. Thanks!

Speaking from a 2v2 standpoint, I use many flavours of a t1 heavy build.

Doctrine with a G43

Flamer Pio
4 Grens -> Balance Med Bunker & G43
Mortar
AT gun or MG (get both eventually)
Reinforcement Halftrack (map dependant, allows more continuous pressure)
Panzer 4
Stugs if AT needed, Werfs/Brum for AI

Try to use grens in at minimum, pairs when engaging. You need to take advantage of their high accuracy to focus fire and inflict losses on isolated squads without taking models losses. Cover is essential (in every situation), given a single model drop represents 1/4th of your DPS. Your pio is essential to identifying areas you can push two grens at one squad, find gaps in lines and most importantly avoid MGs in fortified positions (use mortart to smoke the MG or flank it).

Any doctrine

Flamer pio
MG
3 Grens -> -> Balance Med Bunker & LMG
AT gun or Mortar (get order needed dependant)
Mortar (2 mortarts total)
Stugs or pak40s for AT, werfs for AI

In this set up we're holding key areas of the map and bleeding them out with two mortars. Any attempt to push into your shit will be met with MG fire and grens in cover.

Neither build above is set in stone, but should give you an idea. One of the biggest challenges you face with t1 heavy is dealing with light vehicles. Proper pak40 play allows for an early medium, but you can just as easily use a 222 and faust to hedge that t70, aec, stuart.

As for the sniper. Within the context of these builds you would swap out a gren for a sniper. You want to choose snipers on maps that are "open" or narrow - allowing your sniper to inflict losses with ease in a target rich environment. Maps that come to mind in 2v2 are crossing, alliance of defiance, minsk, rails. Snipers should primarily be used as attrition tools / lynch pins to create situations you can exploit with fewer infantry units and suffer fewer losses when the dust clears.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★