Login

russian armor

Request Advice. Mine Placement - Faymonville.

7 Apr 2018, 18:03 PM

Request advice on mine placement on Faymonville.

I really don't intend the mines I place to maim infantry. I wanted to let these snare a vehicle or two but they kept getting detonated by things that aren't vehicles. Roads are an obvious choice but vehicles don't always go through 'em. Where should I place them to lessen the chance of unintended detonation?

Additional critique is welcome. Thanks in advance.
3 May 2018, 10:51 AM

It seems this has been up for nearly a month with no response :(

I wouldn't mind looking at it if you're still interested, although I'm not much higher ranked that you with USG (I was about 175 before the decay).

Let me know if this is still relevant and I'll try to take a look at it soon.
14 May 2018, 09:15 AM
Strategist Badge

Request advice on mine placement on Faymonville.

I really don't intend the mines I place to maim infantry. I wanted to let these snare a vehicle or two but they kept getting detonated by things that aren't vehicles. Roads are an obvious choice but vehicles don't always go through 'em. Where should I place them to lessen the chance of unintended detonation?

Additional critique is welcome. Thanks in advance.

If you want a full review ill be happy to do one, but if you just wanted advice about mines i can do that now :)

Firstly im guessing you were using a doctrine that allows you, as USF to place 'normal' mines which get triggered by everything. If so, placing mines in a way that only vehicles will trigger them is kind of impossible, as players will usually route infantry and tanks over the same areas.

My advice would be this, place mines more defensively near your base, or along the outskirts of the map where a player may attempt to route their tanks through as part of a larger flank, or an escape attempt.

Alternatively M20 mines are only triggered by vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 0
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment