Login

russian armor

Bridges and impassible areas

4 Apr 2018, 12:51 PM

I've been been looking for some TotW material or guides for basics to creating functional bridges and impassible territories but sadly I'm not finding anything.

As a beginner to coh2WB, I've been struggling with making bridges work the way I want. Having trouble with terrain alignment, placing objects, splines, and splats on top of bridges.

Is there a good tutorial someone's got for setting up bridges (small & large) that they can send me to? The rando Youtube search wasn't especially enlightening.

Thanks.
4 Apr 2018, 14:27 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I've been been looking for some TotW material or guides for basics to creating functional bridges and impassible territories but sadly I'm not finding anything.

As a beginner to coh2WB, I've been struggling with making bridges work the way I want. Having trouble with terrain alignment, placing objects, splines, and splats on top of bridges.

Is there a good tutorial someone's got for setting up bridges (small & large) that they can send me to? The rando Youtube search wasn't especially enlightening.

Thanks.

Can you give me some screens of what you are talking about exactly? I can help you out and see what I can do with a bit more information.
4 Apr 2018, 16:15 PM

Basically, any objects I try placing on top of a bridge object fall through to the terrain below it. Unless I adjust the height manually. I tried using a spline for railing and it just clicks through the bridge to the terrain below.
4 Apr 2018, 16:22 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Basically, any objects I try placing on top of a bridge object fall through to the terrain below it. Unless I adjust the height manually. I tried using a spline for railing and it just clicks through the bridge to the terrain below.

You have to make the spline no longer "adjustable to terrian" and you have to hold h + movement of the mouse to make an object float to where you want it to go. You can also use the "set height" option in the height editor to make sure that you have a flat surface for where the bridges meet.

And obviously you want to make your objects (bridge most likely in this case) no longer adjustable to terrain as well, so that way the cliff/terrain faces that intersect with it don't push the bridge/object up.
4 Apr 2018, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 16:22 PMTric

You have to make the spline no longer "adjustable to terrian" and you have to hold h + movement of the mouse to make an object float to where you want it to go. You can also use the "set height" option in the height editor to make sure that you have a flat surface for where the bridges meet.

And obviously you want to make your objects (bridge most likely in this case) no longer adjustable to terrain as well, so that way the cliff/terrain faces that intersect with it don't push the bridge/object up.

:thumbsup:

Sounds solid. I'll mess around with it. Thank you.
4 Apr 2018, 17:03 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

:thumbsup:

Sounds solid. I'll mess around with it. Thank you.

NP. If you want to, I'll be streaming some work for the Seasonal Map Cup in a few hours, you can feel free to ask me a question right in my twitch chat if you come in and i'll show you what I'm talking about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS