Login

russian armor

How to prevent an entity from picking up weapons?

4 Apr 2018, 07:45 AM

Hi. So I have a squad unit. It has 4 men, of which 3 are the same and 1 is different. The issue I'm having right now is on how to prevent the 1 different from picking up any slot_items. I've tried giving it a bogus slot_item but the 1 different will still pick up any slot_items.

So basically, I'm trying to do is >

This squad_unit of 4 men >
3 men of it can pick up slot_items
1 men of it cannot pick up slot_items (which I'm trying to do, but I can't get this particular part to work)

So how do I prevent this 1 men from picking up slot_items? May you guys please help me?
4 Apr 2018, 13:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You can't prevent a specific entity from picking up slot items because slot items are assigned to the squad as a whole. The only thing you can do is lower the maximum number of slot items the squad can carry to 3.
4 Apr 2018, 13:56 PM

Alright. Thx for the help :)
4 Apr 2018, 18:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Are you trying to give slot items as an upgrade? If you're trying to give them a blanket upgrade such as 3x MP40 for your 4-man squad, there is a way to do this.

Say you have an officer squad armed with 3xK98 and 1xLuger pistol, where you want to upgrade the K98s into MP40s on the bodyguards and keep the Luger on the officer:

Under bodyguard EBPS:
- Combat: add StG44 as weapon 2 under hardpoint 1

Create a package upgrade that does the following:
- Requirement action -> if active weapon is K98 -> change-weapon to MP40

To make this work for reinforced models, add a requirement action under the bodyguard EBPS to check for:
- Upgrade active
- Active weapon: K98
If yes: change-weapon to MP40

Thanks to Mr. Smith for coming up with this solution. It allows you to switch the weapons of all models with a specified EBP at once, but leave non-specified EBPs alone. There are a variety of uses for this, such as PPsH + Flamethrower (it works with 1 slot item).

If you're trying to let them pick things up from weapon racks or ground... well, I'm at a loss of how to do it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★