Login

russian armor

latest patch - I have questions (metered connection)

28 Mar 2018, 05:29 AM

I saw it's almost 30Gb of patch; but the relic forum says it's just a hotfix to ardennes assault.

The patch wiped 9 Gb off my metered connection before I could stop it. (I have 50Gb daytime and 50Gb night time... cost me the equivalent of 54 GBP to top up another 20 Gb for any time usage. Pretty annoyed at this unnecessary expense).

Do I need to wait up until 12 AM to kick off the patch download, or is there some way I can just cancel the patch and still play coh2?

If you're reading this Relic... you wasted my money and data.
28 Mar 2018, 09:25 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I saw it's almost 30Gb of patch; but the relic forum says it's just a hotfix to ardennes assault.

The patch wiped 9 Gb off my metered connection before I could stop it. (I have 50Gb daytime and 50Gb night time... cost me the equivalent of 54 GBP to top up another 20 Gb for any time usage. Pretty annoyed at this unnecessary expense).

Do I need to wait up until 12 AM to kick off the patch download, or is there some way I can just cancel the patch and still play coh2?

If you're reading this Relic... you wasted my money and data.

Yeah i heard the same problem for some other guys. Very strange. For the most people it worked.
28 Mar 2018, 09:49 AM

Yeah, the patch was tiny for me. Not sure why it invalidated so many files for some people. Pretty unfortunate.

But no, you won't be able to play without all the files. That's just how Steam works. I recommended finding a friend who has the game or is willing to share their Internet, and copying their files via USB.

Also, dude, turn off automatic updating of your games. Multi-GB patches are exceedingly normal these days.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak