Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes: The Movie

4 Dec 2012, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

looks like straight-to-torrent release if you ask me (not that I would be interested in watching it even for free ;)
16 Feb 2013, 02:22 AM

So.. I wonder.. have anyone seen this movie yet ? :D

16 Feb 2013, 02:46 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Lemme see if the local blockbuster has it in stock :P
16 Feb 2013, 02:51 AM

They got Neal Mcdonoug and Tom Sizemore. This fucking movie screams, what has been actors at this biatch.
16 Feb 2013, 04:45 AM

I actually would like to see this movie in the cinema. Should be interesting. Great cast, Great title, Great history.

Only reminds me a bit more to Medal of Honor though.
16 Feb 2013, 10:46 AM

God lol I want to see it. I am sure it will be on netflix shortly.
16 Feb 2013, 14:31 PM

I just checked on that torrent site, and it have 14 000 seeders and 17 000 rippers... that's quite a lot. Are people really interested, or is it just everyone DL'ing it instead of buying it? x)
16 Feb 2013, 16:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Whenever I check torrent sites it seems like the massively shitty straight to DVD movies have some of the highest numbers of seeders/leechers, probably because nobody saw them in theaters and nobody is dumb enough to spend money on them.
16 Feb 2013, 21:21 PM

Company of Heroes - it's all about Trolling
17 Feb 2013, 15:06 PM

Im not known for my great taste in movies. But this movie really sucked large donkey balls...even with an above average cast in it.
22 Feb 2013, 00:40 AM

What the effing hell is this?! It's 2013 and people still make the same old formula WWII movies? Oh come on!

Greets
Schepp himself
22 Feb 2013, 02:10 AM
22 Feb 2013, 02:34 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

It seems to have absolutely nothing to do with Company of Heroes, the game, except for the fact that it's set in WW2. It takes place at the end of the war (Dec.'44) in the Ardennes, and none of the characters have any remote relation to characters from the COH single-player campaign or from it's multi-player. They don't say any of the great COH "sayings" and they don't even have a single character in the movie named after a character in the game. It seems like the game name "Company of Heroes" was just slapped on this mediocre WW2 movie after-the-fact.

It's a bit pathetic that Hollywood is so married to brand recognition that stunts like this get pulled. Every movie that comes out is a sequel of something else, or an adaptation of an already recognizable intellectual property. It's gonna make it real tough for new storytellers to get the support to tell new stories. :(
22 Feb 2013, 06:19 AM

24 Feb 2013, 03:24 AM

No Hans the sniper, no Klaus the bike driver, no double WSC. Sadness :/
26 Feb 2013, 18:35 PM

Well the Company of Heroes Movie was released today, and went straight to a DVD release, and skipped a theatrical release.

Company of Heroes Movie
6 Mar 2013, 00:47 AM

It's a bit pathetic that Hollywood is so married to brand recognition that stunts like this get pulled. Every movie that comes out is a sequel of something else, or an adaptation of an already recognizable intellectual property. It's gonna make it real tough for new storytellers to get the support to tell new stories. :(

See, the new formula in Hollywood goes like this: You don't want to risk being creative, so you base yourself off a book or, nowadays, a comic book. Otherwise, do a remake/reboot. Creativity is for french art cinema.

In videogames, the formula goes something more like: Make something you've seen in Hollywood (explosions, car chase, slow mo), make a sequel to squeeze more money. If all else fails, do a remake of an old classic. Creativity is for the Indie crowd.

6 Mar 2013, 07:12 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So, was there a meeting in L.A. that went something like this?

Producer: "Guys, our movie "Stop the Wonder Weapon" got terrible scores from the screening test. If we release it in theatres, we'll lose even more money. Let's do a straight to Blu-Ray/DVD release."

Producer #2: "Yeah, we're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. Hey! Video games are hot! There are tons of WW2 video games. My son loves Return of Castle Wolfenstein on the Nintendo. Maybe we could attach it to some video game?"

Producer: "Fantastic idea! I'll call around to see if there are intellectual rights for a WW2 game that are cheap enough to fit our budget. Then we'll just name it after the game and all the gamers will buy it on amazon! There's hope for us yet!"
6 Mar 2013, 17:24 PM

My son loves Return of Castle Wolfenstein on the Nintendo.

:D
10 Mar 2013, 03:38 AM

So, was there a meeting in L.A. that went something like this?

Producer: "Guys, our movie "Stop the Wonder Weapon" got terrible scores from the screening test. If we release it in theatres, we'll lose even more money. Let's do a straight to Blu-Ray/DVD release."

Producer #2: "Yeah, we're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. Hey! Video games are hot! There are tons of WW2 video games. My son loves Return of Castle Wolfenstein on the Nintendo. Maybe we could attach it to some video game?"

Producer: "Fantastic idea! I'll call around to see if there are intellectual rights for a WW2 game that are cheap enough to fit our budget. Then we'll just name it after the game and all the gamers will buy it on amazon! There's hope for us yet!"

The fact that, sans dramatization, this could be very accurate, frightens me.

I'm willing to bet sometimes these movies are done for fiscal reasons, as well as to produce quick stuff they are forced from contracts (sometimes even actors need to pull a certain amount of movies in a given time, as stated in their contract, and thats how they end up in shitty stuff).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★