Login

russian armor

Pgren grenade range

24 Mar 2018, 11:07 AM

Hi all. I am stumped. I have run into several players that seem to have extended grenade range on PGrens. I thought it might be a different doctrinal ability but can't find it. I don't think it is an Intel Bulletin, unless there is one from the campaigns that I don't bother playing. It's quite difficult to deal with as they get 3-4 Pgren squads and can drop nades on you well before you are inflicting damage on them and thus able to dislodge you without taking any damage from it. I wan't to figure out how they are doing it so that I can do it too. It is a single grenade with a ~1 second timer. Does anyone know how they get the extra range?

26 Mar 2018, 18:02 PM
Patrion 14

Hi all. I am stumped. I have run into several players that seem to have extended grenade range on PGrens. I thought it might be a different doctrinal ability but can't find it. I don't think it is an Intel Bulletin, unless there is one from the campaigns that I don't bother playing. It's quite difficult to deal with as they get 3-4 Pgren squads and can drop nades on you well before you are inflicting damage on them and thus able to dislodge you without taking any damage from it. I wan't to figure out how they are doing it so that I can do it too. It is a single grenade with a ~1 second timer. Does anyone know how they get the extra range?

Hi sostronk.

This image doesn't help much. I can't see what happened when the grenade was thrown (2 seconds ago).

One thing you need to understand about actual grenade range is that it is derived from the model - not the squad or banner center. The range the game shows you when trying to use a grenade ability is not representative of the actual range of the ability for that moment in time.

This is because the range is shown for the squad's center, not each individual soldier. When a grenade ability is triggered, it will pick the solider most able to throw the grenade.

What this means is that if your squad is split up in such a way that one solider is by some fence closer to the enemy but the rest of his squad isn't - he'll throw the grenade further then the "shown range".

This is most noticeable in snaring situations; where you click to snare a vehicle that's outside the range of your circle and joe mc fuck face isn't with the rest of his squad, so he happens to get the snare off - even though the squad banner was no where near the vehicle in question.

Tldr: What I think is happening, is you are looking at the squad banner and not the actual soldiers for estimating grenade range.
30 Mar 2018, 02:31 AM

Ok I see what you are saying. Unfortunately I didn't keep this replay so I can't do a short video or sequence of screenshots. Long story short, there were two Pgrens alive when they threw the grendade. They had just exited the door of the building. The model that threw the grenade was the one that was killed. That model was standing next to the other PGren, he had not charged forward substantially or anything.

I have marked the spot on the map where the second PGren threw the grenade. If you look closely, you can see his corpse in the "white dust" on the red dot. This seems close to double the range of a standard grenade.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 47
Germany 11
unknown 11
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L