Login

russian armor

How to avoid mp bleed?

19 Mar 2018, 11:02 AM

Hi.

So i have now played quite few matches with soviets, but i have lost my matches to mp bleed. I micro units imo okay well and don't lose squads, but from the very early phases to end, i lose because i get so much mp bleed that i can't get higher tier buildings up. I want to ask how i can avoid this.

I have mostly played conscript heavy builds, few times with penals where i had less mp bleed, but ultimately still too much. Any advices?
19 Mar 2018, 11:23 AM
Donator 11

Hi Aarotron,

If you are suffering from bleed I am guessing it's because you're playing against OKW, who in their current state are pretty efficient at shredding conscripts. I've had the same problem trying to use an aggressive conscript start in the early game vs OKW.

The problem is simple - con spam is an aggressive strategy, but because of the difference between a combat engineer and a sturmpioneer you will never have as much raw power on the field as early as OKW. Another problem is if you go early maxims your opponent can usually outflank and push you off using volks.

The solution I've found is to play slightly slower using a mix of penals and conscripts (Con - penal - con - penal). This gives you beefier infantry that should prevent OKW from over-running you early. My general build from there is usually 120mm mortar, mini at gun (if using defensive tactics)/ Guards, then fast T 70.

If you're using penals, don't upgrade them until you seen medium armour. I usually only upgrade 1 in any case. However their snare when upgraded is absolutely insane and can easily win you games if you use them to ambush.

Other thoughts - use mortar flares/ combat engineers rather than conscripts to scout dangerous territory. Make sure you upgrade healing early (after your 4 infantry) so you don't take extra bleed.

Hope these tips help
19 Mar 2018, 11:51 AM

Hi Aarotron,

If you are suffering from bleed I am guessing it's because you're playing against OKW, who in their current state are pretty efficient at shredding conscripts. I've had the same problem trying to use an aggressive conscript start in the early game vs OKW.

The problem is simple - con spam is an aggressive strategy, but because of the difference between a combat engineer and a sturmpioneer you will never have as much raw power on the field as early as OKW. Another problem is if you go early maxims your opponent can usually outflank and push you off using volks.

The solution I've found is to play slightly slower using a mix of penals and conscripts (Con - penal - con - penal). This gives you beefier infantry that should prevent OKW from over-running you early. My general build from there is usually 120mm mortar, mini at gun (if using defensive tactics)/ Guards, then fast T 70.

If you're using penals, don't upgrade them until you seen medium armour. I usually only upgrade 1 in any case. However their snare when upgraded is absolutely insane and can easily win you games if you use them to ambush.

Other thoughts - use mortar flares/ combat engineers rather than conscripts to scout dangerous territory. Make sure you upgrade healing early (after your 4 infantry) so you don't take extra bleed.

Hope these tips help

Thank you. I will try with your tips when i play next time.
5 Apr 2018, 15:01 PM

If I am going con heavy I try to never have more than 4 conscript units as after 4 I start to lose track of them and end up losing squads or bleeding mp to the point were tech is delayed. If I end up against OKW I always have cons in groups of 2 in order to overwhelm any spios I find. Keeping spios off the field is a must in the early game. If your opponent puts out double spio do everything you can to blob up vs them. You have to punish that shit early before it gets out of hand. 2 cons and a flame engi can take on much larger forces early game. When they focus the engi, merge your cons into the squad to keep it on the field.
5 Apr 2018, 16:20 PM

Hi Aarotron,

Hope these tips help

Same here bro, for my part against OKW I try to play as pseudo-OH, using cons to bait Sturmpio to Maxim range, keep Volk at long range and try to avoid their flame nades, as the game goes on though SU light vehicle is generally more efficient than OKW and SU-76 spam is wonderful at bursting Flak HQ if OKW decides to camp it out. Just try to keep your inf alive and protect the cut off and 1 VP, OKW can have the rest of the maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★