Login

russian armor

Just a few ideas/questions...

15 Aug 2013, 23:03 PM

Will there be any change of weather or time of day sometime in COH2? Because in the first COH there was rain, storms and many different times of the day such as: morning, afternoon and night. It was very interesting and really grabbed your attention, making battles more intense, but it also brought in more realism to the battle field. I know there are blizzards but I was thinking something for summer/spring maps as well.

If rain was added to COH2 it would be interesting because you could then add mud making it harder for tanks or any armored vehicle to travel, like when trying to move your tanks over the short streams of water. Mud was a huge problem in the war for both sides, it slowed down many advances.

Not sure how significant these ideas are, but I figured I'd post them and see what kind of replies I get.

Thanks,
SS Panzer Division
15 Aug 2013, 23:05 PM

I would love it,Storms were pretty impressive in Coh1 graphic wise.
Slowing mud is also a good Idea and could be realistic (in a far away future^^) because there is already the snow mechanic.
16 Aug 2013, 02:32 AM

I would love it,Storms were pretty impressive in Coh1 graphic wise.
Slowing mud is also a good Idea and could be realistic (in a far away future^^) because there is already the snow mechanic.

Yes, graphic wise they were amazing, the units clothes, and even helmets looked wet, they did a wonderful job on making it look natural and making it fit nicely in COH.

Glad you agree with the mud idea and yes, hopefully in the far away future.

Thank you for your feedback,
SS Panzer Division
16 Aug 2013, 02:36 AM

I already dislike the snow effect. Makes flanking more odd, even tho they gain camouflage, but theres no hold fire ability on infantry so they shoot at whatever they see.. dont like the feature.
16 Aug 2013, 02:49 AM

I already dislike the snow effect. Makes flanking more odd, even tho they gain camouflage, but theres no hold fire ability on infantry so they shoot at whatever they see.. dont like the feature.

The snow can be a huge pain when flanking I agree, though I kinda like having things come up so I have to adapt quickly to what's being changed around my troops, but that's just me.

I totally agree, I wish there was a hold fire for both the infantry and tanks. If those two abilities were in the game then it would be a lot easier to ambush the enemy, or even avoid if you're low on HP or if you are just trying to sneak by.

Thank you for your feedback,
SS Panzer Division
16 Aug 2013, 03:09 AM

Permanently Banned
I think the Cold modifier in deep snow could be reduced a bit.

Its currently a bit too dangerous to have units in deep snow.

I feel the movement modifier is a sufficient detriment for the advantage of camo.

Also, hold fire button on ALL units plz.
16 Aug 2013, 03:11 AM

Just what we need, MudTech.

As if the gameplay isn't slow enough already...

plz...
16 Aug 2013, 09:11 AM

Also, hold fire button on ALL units plz.

signed...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS