Login

russian armor

Super Grens

15 Aug 2013, 09:33 AM

Did anyone try to focus on his grenadiers? I played a pair of games using 3 grenadiers and 2 MGs. I used to upgrade all my grens with light MGs and then with the G43. With 2 stars they are damn strong.
Well, with those 5 units I fought pretty good against the enemy infantry, conquering and holding as much territories as possible. Then I just spammed a pair of Panthers and a Brumbar.

Well, my enemies were not so good and I see the strategy has many weak spots. So I would like to know if someone has already tryed it deeply in more games than me. Is it a good way to surprise the russan player?
15 Aug 2013, 09:37 AM

wut abut snuopers
15 Aug 2013, 10:07 AM

Well, I admitt my opponents didn't use snipers, but I suppose I can easily take them apart if I use two gren units to "charge" them. Moreover the rifle grenade is a huge danger for the snipers. Perhaps a player who see I good micro my grens, could think it would be too dangerous to waste MP on snipers.

I think a good counter should be a Maxim spam... in that case I would not bypass T2 and I will build an halftrak and upgrade it with flames.
15 Aug 2013, 10:47 AM

The thing is that you have an intense, costly early game.
He could use HMG's just to hold his ground and then go for a quick T3.
If you are bypassing T2, a quick Russian T3 tank can do some serious damage.

Damn, if you are going straight from T1 to T4 your enemy can also go straight to T4 and use the currently broken SU-85, which you have absolutely nothing against - and with a little bit of micro will deny your Panthers/Brumbars.

I'd say that your strategy works if you suffocate your enemy *really fast*. And in that regards I would change it to go to T3 for a fast PIV rather than Panthers and Brumbars.

EDIT - added:
Also, I'd remark that your opponent needs to be somewhat perceptive to detect your strategy. If your opponent goes T1 and spams inf/scout cars, you will destroy him. In the current state of affairs, most russian players will run for the SU-85. If you destroy him really hard on the early game and secure his fuel sources, you might just deny him the SU-85 option, and win the day. It's still a very "counter-able" strategy, but if the Russian player is wired up to go T1-T4, you might just destroy him.

Also, about snipers: if the enemy uses snipers inside scout cars and have good micro - i.e. not allow you to faust him - he can also cause you trouble.
15 Aug 2013, 10:51 AM

No objection to yor analysis Bob. I suppose a SU85 early spam could easily stop my strategy. Anyway a thing is sure: the russian player is often surprised. In my first game (it was a 2v2) I was able to take down also a pair of SU85 with a good usage of mines, faust and my good panthers.
Anyway a pair of SU85, well covered with guards and Maxims, could counter me pretty well. :-/

ADDED: my first aim is, indeed, to cut my opponent's oil resources. The most good thing of this kind of strategy is that I force the enemy to micro his recruits and if he's not good at it, I can really control all the oil resources on the entire map. In such case I can negate him the possibilty to build T4 and his damn SU85s. At least it worked 2 times. I need to test it more deeply and against better players.
By the way I am considering also to run for the T3 in orderto get my first P4 faster the my first Panther and indeed faster than his first T34 or SU85. Moreover, even if he is able to build a SU85 I could rapidly run for the T2 and use shreks to ambush it and destroy it with a good use of P4.
15 Aug 2013, 10:58 AM

Agreed, as I mentioned on the edit, if the opponent is "wired up", a strong early game might definitely surprise him. My current strategy as German has been to suffocate the game early on so that when the SU-85 comes I am way ahead of him.
15 Aug 2013, 11:04 AM

Agreed, as I mentioned on the edit, if the opponent is "wired up", a strong early game might definitely surprise him. My current strategy as German has been to suffocate the game early on so that when the SU-85 comes I am way ahead of him.

Yes. This is definitively the best way to win against russian players. Suffocate them and counter their first SU85 with an ultra-pumped army (shreks, panthers, mass of P4s, etc).
15 Aug 2013, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
boobs
18 Aug 2013, 19:12 PM

t70 rush will end the game as soon as it hits the field unless you somehow munis and good luck with a mine

but then hell just build another 0.o
19 Aug 2013, 03:46 AM

Yes. This is definitively the best way to win against russian players. Suffocate them and counter their first SU85 with an ultra-pumped army (shreks, panthers, mass of P4s, etc).

yeah, a rush in the early game with this composition could be great.. plus a mix of scout cars (denying maxim and scoutcars with flame or sinpers insade) and a HT. its a good rush, but stupid T70 spam.. daaamn their are so accurate.. breaking your PG (at least for me, shreck at this moment with this composition.. its sooo hard, i prefer build pak40 but its easily micreable).

im studying this composition too, but i failed cuz my transition to T3 or T4 its too slow.. and gg
21 Sep 2013, 15:39 PM

i always used to rush pgrens but they became too expensive...lately ive been going with 3 grens and an mg as a start and instead of saving munitions for shreks i go with a pak and i spend the munitions on lmg for grens it kicks ass and wit a cleverly placed teller mine or a simple faust u can engine damage any armoured threat and finish it with a pak im gonna upload a replay where i used this rough strategy
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★