Login

russian armor

What's your computer specification for Company of Heroes 2?

What's your computer system specification for CoH2?
Option Distribution Votes
17%
9%
74%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Mar 2018, 15:06 PM

Relic stated that you should have the computer specification described below to play Company of Heroes 2. Let us know what's your computer spec for the CoH2 game? Please Participate the pull so that we can get an idea of the average computer system of Company of Heroes 2 player.

Minimum:
Memory: 2GB RAM
Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core2 Duo or equivalent
Graphics: 512MB Direct3D 10 capable video card (GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 2900XT)
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30GB free Hard disc space

Recommended:
Memory: 4GB RAM
Processor: 3Ghz Intel i5 quad-core or equivalent
Graphics: 1024 MB Direct3D 11 capable video card (GeForce GTX 470 or Radeon HD 5850)
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30GB free Hard disc space
1 Mar 2018, 16:30 PM

I'm running pretty much every single graphics setting on maximum.

My specs are:
3.66 Ghz CPU
16 GB RAM
Installed on a SSD
Radeon RX 480 8GB GPU
50 Mbit/s Ethernet

1 Mar 2018, 17:01 PM
Donator 11

I seriously doubt that anyone is not above recommended, the recommended stuff is like 9 years old....

If you want any real information, change that poll to something more adequate
1 Mar 2018, 17:15 PM

i have all in minimun

gpu: XFX Radeon HD 6770 1GB
cpu: Amd Bulldozer Fx 6300
ram: 8gb kingston
motherboard: asus m5a97 evo
1 Mar 2018, 17:18 PM
Donator 11

i have all in minimun

gpu: XFX Radeon HD 6770 1GB
cpu: Amd Bulldozer Fx 6300
ram: 8gb kingston
motherboard: asus m5a97 evo

your rig is above recommended though i recon
1 Mar 2018, 17:21 PM

my computer is less worse than his but Im also run my game on low for keeping the game smooth
1 Mar 2018, 18:08 PM

I seriously doubt that anyone is not above recommended, the recommended stuff is like 9 years old....

If you want any real information, change that poll to something more adequate

please suggest me your thought.
1 Mar 2018, 18:11 PM

First and foremost, I'd question yourself about the aim of gathering this data. What do you wish to achieve or show?
1 Mar 2018, 18:16 PM

First and foremost, I'd question yourself about the aim of gathering this data. What do you wish to achieve or show?

just a curiosity. everyone said the game is not optimized. I have minimum spec 8 GB ram, with ATI Radeon 5470 HD
1 Mar 2018, 18:21 PM

Well, the game is sadly not that optimized, which is mostly evidenced by the poor scalability of many in-game elements (e.g. Pathfinding, Rendering, AI, Multiplayer). But this is largely set off by the wide availability of better computing hardware.

Comparatively to DoW3, the CoH2 engine is most unoptimised.
1 Mar 2018, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

this game is in my experience quite heavy on the gpu, therefore i would concentrate on that

poll then would be
GPU power level:
-1080ti

1 Mar 2018, 19:16 PM

this game is in my experience quite heavy on the gpu, therefore i would concentrate on that

poll then would be
GPU power level:
-1080ti

sure, let's add all the Radeon cards released in the last 10 years as well, and you have a poll with 50+ options :)
1 Mar 2018, 19:46 PM

Sony Gaming Laptop from 2011, discontinued sadly.

Intel i5 2410M @ 2.3GHz, Turbo boost up to 2.9Ghz.

nVidia GeForce 410M 1 gig of VRAM, overclocked almost to the max. Haven't played around with further overclocking altho there are topics that state more is possible, I just don't wanna risk it.

8 gigs of DDR3 RAM.

I'm also going to mention that the game is further tweaked from the game config file located in the my documents folder as well as I've made several of the folders read only as to prevent the game from recording my games for example so more processing power is diverted to playing rather than recording a match.

I'm not sure on the exact number but I'm getting from around 20-30 or more FPS, however it drops significantly when I'm viewing smoke or fire/artillery effects which leads me as well as others to believe it's because of bad optimization of said effects, not just because of my out dated hardware since I've seen people with GTX whatever expensive ass cards whine about it as well.
2 Mar 2018, 00:35 AM

if i change the setting a little bit like medium it will die, the game optimization is bad
2 Mar 2018, 07:43 AM

just a curiosity. everyone said the game is not optimized. I have minimum spec 8 GB ram, with ATI Radeon 5470 HD

As with many games, there are certain settings that take a bigger toll on the FPS than others, afaik the kind of Anti-Aliasing used in Coh2 is quite CPU intensive.

You wont get much conclusive data from a poll like this, youd be better off searching for benchmarks such as this:

https://www.techspot.com/review/689-company-of-heroes-2-performance/

If you dont own the game yet and are unsure if your PC can handle it, then i can recommend buying the game, testing the performance on your PC on various settings and making use of the Steam refund policy. This way you dont risk wasting money, but can still check out how well it runs.
2 Mar 2018, 09:46 AM
Donator 11

sure, let's add all the Radeon cards released in the last 10 years as well, and you have a poll with 50+ options :)

well, i hope for people to be able to select the nvidia option that is closest in computing power to your gpu
all in all might be 10 options or so, which si reasonable

if i change the setting a little bit like medium it will die, the game optimization is bad

i do not doubt that, nonetheless your computer is better than the one recommended by relic

2 Mar 2018, 10:14 AM

I'm not sure on the exact number but I'm getting from around 20-30 or more FPS, however it drops significantly when I'm viewing smoke or fire/artillery effects which leads me as well as others to believe it's because of bad optimization of said effects, not just because of my out dated hardware since I've seen people with GTX whatever expensive ass cards whine about it as well.

I had the same issue with my old PC (significantly worse specs) that I had until late 2014. Whenever there were a lot flames or especially this phosphorus strike from Rifle Company on my screen, it dropped to 1 fps or something.

However with my current specs I don't have any noticeable framedrop anymore in such a case. I think the Radeon 480 is pretty much on same level like the nvidia 1060, but I don't believe it has much to do with the GPU cuz until 2016 I had a very mediocre nvidia 750ti and I did not have any framedrop there as well.
2 Mar 2018, 14:41 PM

I had the same issue with my old PC (significantly worse specs) that I had until late 2014. Whenever there were a lot flames or especially this phosphorus strike from Rifle Company on my screen, it dropped to 1 fps or something.

However with my current specs I don't have any noticeable framedrop anymore in such a case. I think the Radeon 480 is pretty much on same level like the nvidia 1060, but I don't believe it has much to do with the GPU cuz until 2016 I had a very mediocre nvidia 750ti and I did not have any framedrop there as well.

It's been reported that the game is better optimized for AMD graphics cards, you can google it even if you don't believe me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★