Login

russian armor

skin pack burning error - coh2

27 Feb 2018, 07:15 AM

Hi guys,
I was looking around but could not find any answer to my problem.
Please help me out if you can.
I built a skin pack and when building the mod, during the burning process my mod comes back with an error message saying the I exceeded the 280-character limit so the filename is too long.
It effects three OKW vehicles:

-halftrack_sdkfz_251_infrared
-panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i
-panzer_ii_luchs_sdkfz_123

If I remove these folders from my main mod folder the skin pack builds and burns beautifully. Otherwise the process stops and my mod does not build.
Did any of you have the same?
Figuring this out on my own exceeds my capabilities, I tried but nothing worked.
Thanks in advance.
27 Feb 2018, 14:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Move your mod folder to the root of your hard drive. For example, C:\YourMod. That should help reduce the character limit.
4 Mar 2018, 13:14 PM

thanks, it helps really!
may I ask another one?
how can I get rid of unit occlusion? so they dont show behind bushes and sandbags and sitting on a Flak ... any way to do that? I even combed through COH forum for that but didnt find it.
5 Mar 2018, 06:22 AM

thanks, it helps really!
may I ask another one?
how can I get rid of unit occlusion? so they dont show behind bushes and sandbags and sitting on a Flak ... any way to do that? I even combed through COH forum for that but didnt find it.

found it!
8 Mar 2018, 09:15 AM

is there any way to make skin editing to troops and stuff like anti-tank-guns or arti? or only vehicles?
9 Mar 2018, 12:55 PM

what is "exit code 4" ?
i have 5 of my OKW vehicles crashing the burn process due to an "exit code 4" error. what is that and how can I solve it?
my folders, folder structure, textures and everything is the same in every vehicle folder. yet all three of the halftracks, the jagerpanzer IV and the panzer II luchs cause this error.
my mod folder is in the main directory of the game (my Steam is in D:/program Files .... so my mod folders for tuning and skin pack is in D:/mod folder
what confuses me is that the file structure and mod folder location must be ok (it even fixed the problem you helped me with Eliwood, now I dont have the "too long name" problem anymore)and every other vehicle in the folder burns just fine except for a few. It comes back with this mysterious "error code 4" and prevents the skin mod from burning/building.
for now I removed those vehicle folders from the mod and it burns fine. If I try any of the problematic ones it gives me the finger.
Totally in uncharted territory...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS