Login

russian armor

Munitions / Fuel cache : Which to prioritize?

15 Feb 2018, 06:37 AM

I recently started playing CoH2 (i'm coming from CoH1, and in general, i'm a bad / decent player). I was curious on how the rest of you prioritize resource production. I mean, would you go for full munitions, full fuel or 50-50? I usually go 50-50, but i wanted to hear from you if it's good enough to prioritize one of the two resources and the pros and cons of each tactic.
15 Feb 2018, 09:22 AM

Before I can give you a qualified answer you need to clarify the following:

- Do I understand you correctly that you are talking about the caches that are build on a capture point, or do you mean just the fuel/munis capture points and which to Prioritize?

If we assume that you a talking about the points, then that would depend on both their placement on the map and what faction you are playing. Ostheer has a big need for munitions, whereas soviets have a tendency to get more than they can spend. But usually I think you should prioritize the one closest to the centre first so you can secure your strategic advantage in the early game. This would mean that you would go for fuel first on a map like Semoisky and munitions first on Langreskaya. We are probably talking a difference of no more than a couple of minutes, so this shouldn't be a huge cause for concern which type you are capping first.

- Are you playing 1v1 or team games?

Fuel/munitons caches are much more viable in team games and I wouldn't really recommond prioriting them in 1v1s unless you're floating a ton of manpower and want to put some extra security on your cut-off (it cannot be cappd before the cache is destroyed).
15 Feb 2018, 09:39 AM

I play with USF. My question was about the following :
I start the game, i capture 8 sectors for example. Should i build 6 munition and 2 fuel caches, 6 fuel and 2 munitions or go for 8 fuel or 8 munition?

Regarding the gamemode, i play team games because i can't really play 1v1 (although i have good multitasking skills, i lose track of important stuff and events).

Finally, in the cut-off sectors i put static defenses (tank traps and barbed wire and maybe some mines)
15 Feb 2018, 15:28 PM

You probably don't want to build more than 1 or 2 caches. The manpower investment will likely hold you back from holding other territory.

While caches may get you more income, they don't slow down your opponents. Slowing your opponents resource income is one of your main objectives.

If there I'd a territory point you know isn't going to be attacked, (map dependent ) then that is a good candidate for a cache. Losing a cache is like losing a squad: it is a major loss. You don't want them in harms way.

As far as fuel or muni goes? That depends on what you and your team need. If you're playing randoms, fuels probably better. Go for munis if you and your team have got a plan for the munis. (Recon/flare and skill plane/bombing runs, etc.)
16 Feb 2018, 04:30 AM

You probably don't want to build more than 1 or 2 caches. The manpower investment will likely hold you back from holding other territory.

While caches may get you more income, they don't slow down your opponents. Slowing your opponents resource income is one of your main objectives.

If there I'd a territory point you know isn't going to be attacked, (map dependent ) then that is a good candidate for a cache. Losing a cache is like losing a squad: it is a major loss. You don't want them in harms way.

As far as fuel or muni goes? That depends on what you and your team need. If you're playing randoms, fuels probably better. Go for munis if you and your team have got a plan for the munis. (Recon/flare and skill plane/bombing runs, etc.)

I guess 2 caches are enough if i also have good map control, right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★