Login

russian armor

Rear Echelon Build orders

12 Feb 2018, 07:16 AM

note: i am not really experienced at 1v1s, i have spectated many for few months, but i may still be off at few things.

I have been playing usf lately and found interest at using rear echelons . I was trying to do build order but it was pretty much just took something, instead of doing exact order. Id want to know if someone has some tips for build order. I used this order in match i played:
4-5 rear echelons
1 mortar to flush buildings.
ambulance
captain
at gun
pak howizer
major
sherman
jackson
(getting other tanks, depending of doctrine and situation)

i was using tactical support company and equipped my rear echelons with lmgs

so yeah. If you have tips, id appriciate if i get them.
5 Mar 2018, 08:49 AM

I dunno why you go for RE spam (unless you r playing heavy urban map or just trying to do something fancy).Go for heavy flamethrowers for heavy urban maps. I would recommend 2 rifles - 3 additional REs. Pak howy is not that worth it, you better use it if your opponent camps certain point or you r playing small map ( Example: Faymonville ). You can get E8 spam if you go for Rifle company.
5 Mar 2018, 10:59 AM

i play sometimes re spam just for the hell of it. thanks for the tips. i personally used tactical support company and gave re:s m1919s.
6 Mar 2018, 03:28 AM

M1919 is 3CP. Way too long. Just go for BARs
6 Mar 2018, 05:06 AM

Given you can't duel equip LMG anymore I'd recommend just going Rifle Company as flamers allow you to clear out buildings and deny cover. You can also equip them with a BAR which adds upon the close range fire power of the RE squads. RE accuracy is so poor that one LMG isn't going to do too much and generally isn't worth it compared to duel BARs or flamer + BAR combo. RE spam isn't as worthwhile outside of perhaps two REs as RE lack combat power compared to Riflemen. Why? RE have horrible accuracy outside of close range, worse on the move accuracy, no grenades, less received accuracy, and only get five men at vet 3. Not saying they need a buff as they are meant to be a engineer unit.

6 Mar 2018, 07:24 AM

Given you can't duel equip LMG anymore I'd recommend just going Rifle Company as flamers allow you to clear out buildings and deny cover. You can also equip them with a BAR which adds upon the close range fire power of the RE squads. RE accuracy is so poor that one LMG isn't going to do too much and generally isn't worth it compared to duel BARs or flamer + BAR combo. RE spam isn't as worthwhile outside of perhaps two REs as RE lack combat power compared to Riflemen. Why? RE have horrible accuracy outside of close range, worse on the move accuracy, no grenades, less received accuracy, and only get five men at vet 3. Not saying they need a buff as they are meant to be a engineer unit.

okay thanks for tips, i play re spam just for fun, not as serious competitive mindset. Only real reason i won that time was that my opponent was really passive player and didn't make much effort trying to keep pressure up.
9 Apr 2018, 19:38 PM

okay thanks for tips, i play re spam just for fun, not as serious competitive mindset. Only real reason i won that time was that my opponent was really passive player and didn't make much effort trying to keep pressure up.

Also LT tech is sometimes better for RE heavy builds. This is because the LT provides a free damage dealer to supplement REs and the suppression platforms (HT or 50 Cal) are important for holding territory and giving the REs a good edge in gunfights. (Typically your gonna want to atleast give 1 RE zooks anyways so Capt isnt too necessary.)
28 Jun 2018, 04:18 AM

I used to do RE spam but it doesn't seem to work against higher ranking players as you move up the ladder. What I've been doing lately is staring off with 3 REs then 2 riflemen and then teching to LT and unlocking the weapon rack after that. Towards mid game I like to let the rifles vet up but equip 2 of the REs with flame throwers and a BAR each, with the 3rd RE equipped with double bazooks to fend off light vehicles. Seems to work okay and helps you float a lot of manpower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment