Login

russian armor

MG42 arc

18 Aug 2013, 20:20 PM

the maxim is a total piece of crap. if you can't see that I suggest you try using it in game.
19 Aug 2013, 04:13 AM

Permanently Banned
I think reducing the models is the worst of possible options, especially considering it already survives as at only 3/4 of a Maxim.

The Arc cant really be reduced without favoring Maxims setup time.
The dmg cant really he reduced without favoring Maxims dmg.
The suppression cant really be reduced either, or Oorahing Cons will overtake it.

The problem is a wider one, regarding small arms fire vs HMGs overall.

Personally I endorse a minimum range on both HMGs, but nobody seems to appreciate how this solution could work. Pragmatically it would force th HMGs to pickup and move, during which time they are not firing, meaning flanks that can make it into minimum range effectively negate the HMG entirely. Its a lateral solution that I think people havent really correctly conceptualised for how it would concreteky effect HMG placement and onfield effectiveness. You dont need to kill the HMG, you simply need to increase effectiveness of a successful flank, which in this case would involve getting your infantry within the minimum range.
20 Aug 2013, 09:59 AM

who cares about the mg42 arc

1 clown cars
2 truesight + feul bombs + oorah
3 hit the dirt (not as effective but still)

ive never had problems vs mg42s simply becoz 1 mg can be dealt rather easily. if my opponent insists on 2 simply tech to a ultra cheap kangroo, get molotovs just to be sure.

every soviet doctrine has a pretty decent counter to mg42 at 1 cp
shocks , HTD , 120mm mortar

STOP complaining about the mg42.. its fine

the 10% supression bulletin is BS i agree
20 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM

away from the mg42 - the maxim is way to easy to overrun. before units are pinned they are already behind the maxim.
20 Aug 2013, 10:19 AM

The best solution is to increase the setup time of MG42s so that they can no long be attack-moved.

Or make it so they cannot switch targets, like in vCOH. Although this might be a bit too harsh.

They do die a bit too fast to flamer clown cars on retreat though. Flames need to deal reduced damage on retreat just like small arms.
20 Aug 2013, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 10:19 AMlink0
The best solution is to increase the setup time of MG42s so that they can no long be attack-moved.

Where there's no problem there's no need for a solution.

The 10% suppression bulletin needs to be looked at, not the mg42 itself.

And for the maxim that's a whole other topic. I don't know why people always come up with the comparsion maxim vs. mg42. They both have a specific and different role within their faction and I agree that the mg42 fulfills its role better than the maxim does atm, but that's a problem of the maxim needing some tweaks and not the mg42.
20 Aug 2013, 11:08 AM

Mmmm, maybe reduce suppression by 10% so that with bulletin it ends up where it is now (without bulletin). I agree with Nullist that its a broader issue, not sure if minimum range is the answer, but in general small arms TTK doesn't reward flanking. I like the idea of it not auto-targeting but I think this would require a ton of reprogramming and would never happen. What about if they reverted the change from a couple patches ago where they increased its ability to pin nearby squads?
20 Aug 2013, 11:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Learn flank, learn use tour head .... German have no 100 mg for cover all map ...
20 Aug 2013, 12:11 PM

imo Both HMG teams should have the same crew size and weapon arc(About half way between what the two of them are now) with the difference being DPS vs. Suppression speed.
20 Aug 2013, 12:38 PM

Permanently Banned
@Cyridius: What about setup speed?
20 Aug 2013, 15:01 PM

Sort of ruins soviet flavour too if maxim had a 4 man crew. I'd be in favour of reverting either dmg or setup time nerfs (but not both). Honestly if MG42 wasn't so powerful people might see that maxim isn't that bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
United States 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment