Login

russian armor

USF still dogpudding in teamgames with randoms

21 Jan 2018, 19:04 PM

I'm gonna keep this one short. USF is still dogshit in 2v2 teamgames with randoms. This is due to the fact that the overall scheme of the faction is just bad. Faction is underdeveloped when compared to other factions. The main problem is no flexibility and lacking access to multiple units. Only thing you can and HAVE TO DO is spam infantry. Which is as much boring for the player as it is predictable for the enemy. I'm sure that some of the concerns I'm about to present have been mentioned in some other topic long long time ago (nobody cares so please hold back the stupid comment).

These are the real reasons why USF sucks in 2v2 teamgames with randoms to the extent of my knowledge:
1 early game sucks hard, especially on maps where one building is covering highly valuable resource point(rails, kharkov, vaux etc.]), there are multiple reasons for that (RE dogshit, Rifles are too expensive and produce too long,
- some might say its the reocurring theme of usf having problems with clearing buildings (might be true);
- my take on the matter is that your first unit RE cant hold their ground against ost engies or stuprmpios even when in a building (thats a fucking joke btw)
- first of all RE should be able to win with ost pios when in green cover and they are not, and at least scare off sturmpios when they get into a building (not get mowed down like a bitch)
- rifleman are too damn expensive and their production time is too long (which is connected to another problem within the faction (overlapping spam of expensive infantry both in tiers and docs))
- since usf is packed with elite infantry all over the fucking faction (lt, cpt, rangers, paras, pathfiders you name it) why not make rifleman weaker and cheaper and produce faster so they are more like volks or something like that, not better, but CHEAPER and PRODUCE FASTER, this way you get better map control early
- usf was supposed to be a mobile faction, giving it a mortar was better than nothing, but still it would be best to give RE flamethrowers instead as non doc ability to easily clear buildings
2. tier progression sucks because its linear and predictable - basically 80% of the time most people are going cpt because lt tier little shock value isnt sufficent enough to outweight cpt tiers balance unit composition, also maybe nobody noticed it before but being force to field LT or CPT to unlock tier is a major problem for a long time now
- best solution would be to rework usf tiers from the scratch but since its NEVER GONNA HAPPEN I have came up with few simple to implement solutions that can save this miserable piece of shit faction
- first, instead of being forced to produce LT, lets make so that producing .50cal unlocks LT tier, and in case of CPT, lets make it so producing ATG unlocks cpt tier (ofc it can work the same way as it does now, meaning first .50cal or ATG would have cost relative to LT or CPT now) this way we dont force usf to spam infantry and enable it to have more flexible unit composition all the time
- second improvement regarding this matter relates to LT tier basically no AT; simple solution also aplying to other important feature, make bazookas accessible from the very start of the game with no upgrade needed, and combine grenade and BAR upgrade (accordingly to its value); this would allow usf to effectively deal against l/m armor
3. late game sucks because of lack of artillery, although people here might be againt adding any non doc artillery which I understand but they still need some kind of artillery late game in any shape or form, here comes major to the rescue with his little arty call in but there are two major problems regarding his arty: range of the ability to be able to be used and major working as a FRP during late game making him unable to use abilities
- solution is simple, make major arty call in have global range
- enable all major abilities when he is a FRP; this wont be as good as having non doc calliope or something but at least it gives you a little bit of pressure

Basically the biggest faction problem is its lack of flexibility. I think those few tweaks presented above would salvage usf neatly in 2v2 teamgames. I dont know about other modes, but Im sure that if 2v2 would be fine after those changes.
21 Jan 2018, 19:13 PM

Ah there you are again.

Let me close this thread and all its delusions with the following:

Every freaking faction sucks when playing with randoms
21 Jan 2018, 19:35 PM

"Pls fix my lack of team coordination with straight up buffs that would male the faction an "i win" faction".

What about you play 1vs1 ?
21 Jan 2018, 19:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Balance to COH2 Gameplay. Colorful thread title toned down
21 Jan 2018, 23:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

21 Jan 2018, 23:43 PM

"My exclusive nondoc offmap and 140 range artillery are not enough, PLS MOAR"
21 Jan 2018, 23:45 PM

If you ask me, and this is just my personal opinion, the only thing that the USF lacks in team games is Armor that can actually take a punch, like a Sherman Jumbo for example, something that can cover for the Jacksons while they blast a way, sort of the same as the British with their Churchill/Firefly combo, you get me?

Of course however I don't rely on infantry as much and I prefer using Armor, but that's perhaps just me.
21 Jan 2018, 23:55 PM

Sounds like humongous L2P issue. I've faired just fine in 2v2 random as USF. Even had some lvl18+ players thank me for carrying them. You should probably just get good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★