Login

russian armor

[1v1] Help with USF part 2

18 Jan 2018, 07:51 AM

So taking what i learned the last time, I applied it here and I felt like I did pretty well. I took out a kubal and a luchs before loosing any of my own forces. However, I had some higher than normal MP float. I wonder if I didn't capitalize on my wins when I could.

Anyways, it was a pretty close game until the late game when the King Tiger came out. At that point, I just couldn't get my men close enough to snare it and my tanks close enough to hit it. Investing in more AT guns seems like the obvious choice. Maybe 1 more AT gun and 1 more mortar to thin his troops. However, I felt that my commander didn't really help me all that much. I built two easy8 shermans before getting a Jackson. I think if I would have gotten a Jackson sooner, it would have helped a lot.

Please take a look and let me know!
18 Jan 2018, 08:52 AM

I'm a bit pressed for time and already have a few other reviews in the pipeline, so it might take a few days before I get time to review more.

One thing I would say without having watched is that if your are already ahead on points it is sometimes not the best option for a USF player to invest everything in trying to kill a KT. Often it is sufficient to whither it down and snare it (though I realize you said that this wasn't possible for you).

In fact crippling it rather than killing it can even be beneficial as the opponent will be reluctant to use it until it has been fixed and therefore hold it back until it has been repaired. You are correct in assuming that a Jackson would be more suited for this than the EZ8's as the jackson can use its long range and good penetration to its benefit.

With the Nerf to OKW repairs fixing up this beast will take a long-ass time and tie up lots of pop cap on the tank as well as any sturms working on it. This means that the OKW player will most likely be outgunned at every turn on the rest of the battlefield and play straight into the US players strengths of powerful infantry and medium tanks.
18 Jan 2018, 22:47 PM

Very good general advise! I will keep that in mind until the full analysis :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★