Login

russian armor

[1v1]How to Counter Guard Spam

18 Jan 2018, 05:04 AM

So very annoying when you lose to this strategy. Probly was my wrong late game choice. Should I build a brumbar instead of double panther in the late game?
18 Jan 2018, 05:27 AM

Yup, probably brummbär is the most decent late game option
18 Jan 2018, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 05:27 AMLuciano
Yup, probably brummbär is the most decent late game option

Thanks for the advice.

Losing to this strat is so frustrated... I managed to destroy his KV-1 and SU-85 almost instantly and then got crushed by the blob.... T-T

Any build order suggestions against soviet?
18 Jan 2018, 07:01 AM

Eh, not really, depends on the map really, mg42 and 3-4 grens with g43s if penals and lmg42 if cons, maybe a mortar if the map is good for it and then pgrens of flame ht if i feel comfy, lately i have stopped using 222 cuz it feels kinda poop, even vs snipers wich was designed to hunt them, if you dont like playing with light vehicles, a pak and teller mines to counter theirs, some pgrens and rush p4. I cant tell you to rush directly to t4 cuz i havent tried by myself yet.
18 Jan 2018, 13:06 PM

I haven't watched your game, but as a casual lvl 12-13 wehr player I have also struggled against guard blobs as seem to work as soft counters against almost anything that wehr can put on the field. This can be especially frustrating when combined with a heavy t2 build of maxims and mortars as these will take out your mg2 and mortars which seem to be the main counter for guards.

I realize that this is a l2p issue on my part, but I share your frustration towards this strat.
18 Jan 2018, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 07:01 AMLuciano
Eh, not really, depends on the map really, mg42 and 3-4 grens with g43s if penals and lmg42 if cons, maybe a mortar if the map is good for it and then pgrens of flame ht if i feel comfy, lately i have stopped using 222 cuz it feels kinda poop, even vs snipers wich was designed to hunt them, if you dont like playing with light vehicles, a pak and teller mines to counter theirs, some pgrens and rush p4. I cant tell you to rush directly to t4 cuz i havent tried by myself yet.

Early game decisions are fairly easy to make. I sometimes got a bit confused in the late game unit choice. When should I tech up to t4 and when should I stick in t3?
18 Jan 2018, 16:51 PM

Early game decisions are fairly easy to make. I sometimes got a bit confused in the late game unit choice. When should I tech up to t4 and when should I stick in t3?

The safest choice is always T3, people rarely go t4 in 1v1 but if you feel fancy and comfy, and you have the advantage you can tech up to T4. Since patch havent seen anyone trying directly T4 strats.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment