Login

russian armor

Help me improve my gameplay #6

15 Jan 2018, 07:55 AM

can i pls get some help... i've been posting 2 Replay review but no1 actually Review it ( 4.5 and 5)

which my main concern is my Wehrmacht gameplay..

16 Jan 2018, 17:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'll review this right now, for old time sake
16 Jan 2018, 18:53 PM

So some good and some bad as with most people.

Saw you made sandbags with pios at the right munitions when capping which was good, but you didn't wire the opposing side where your opponet could use it even though you were still capping and had the time. This came back later to bite you since he did use it against you.

Opponet went for a sniper, which is pretty standard on Crossing in the woods. You can deal with it in multiple ways, from your own sniper, G43s, or a 222. You opt'd for the 222, however it was rather late (8:30). When you got the 222 you dove immediatly after the sniper with no regard for potential mines. Try and gauge your opponets munitions through his visible munition sinks. I.e. PTRS, satchels, grenades. Soviets also tend to float munitions heavily so you could have been punished hard here.

Took awhile to get medics. If you've got a decent sized army and floating a bit while your grens or pios are reinforcing you can build the bunker for medics.

If your opponet is going to retreat through your HMG you should consider popping the incindiary rounds. They deal double damage and are extremely lethal against squads. Could have potentially wiped his shocks on 1 occasion using this.

T70 came out at about 12:30, and once you saw that you should have immediatly sought an AT solution. You tried to tech for a p4 but still required about 60 fuel, which is 2-3 minutes given 50% map control, given you hold that with an armor disadvantage. Rightfully so you were punished for no AT and lost the majority of your map control and struggled to get a p4 out, eventually after 5 minutes of bleed from the t70 you got a pak, something you could have done the moment you saw it.

Floated manpower and munitions for most of the game. Resources in the bank don't help you win unless you're saving them for a reason. Build a cache if you have don't know what to build, it's at least better than nothing. Would've liked to see more mines and LMGs/G43s or ambush camo after you selected Jaegar. You only planted 1 mine, luckily his T70 hit that mine after awhile.

Your p4 came out and immediatly entered a massive swing engagement where you went from being down a large margin to killing his sniper, T34, and made him upgrade to PTRS penals and then wiped them at the cost of nothing for you. However you lost your p4 to a followup T34 which dove your territory due to his recon and your lack of mines and support. Try and move your wounded armor to your base or by your supporting troops so they don't get dove like that. You tried to move your pak40 over but it was too late to save your p4.

The rest of the game was largely just repeating engagements. You'd bring out a p4, being outnumbered usually 2 to 1 by T34s. The T34s would get an opportunity and your single Pak 40 could not cover your lone p4 alone. Led to continuous armor loss and unit bleed. A 2nd pak 40 would have be fantastic, as well as placing additional teller mines for snares.

Overall you did well early, but the larger your army got the more micro mistakes you tended to make. I would've liked to see some sort of AA unit as well since he was spamming air recon. 222s and flak panzers are good vs air, but even just upgrading your p4 with the MG42 will help.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns do not hesitate to ask.
16 Jan 2018, 19:27 PM

1st of all thx for ur time for Reviewing my Replay, it mean alot to me,

on this replay, the reason i kinda late respond to their Unit is that im confuse, that if i did bleed him or not, cause i think i got 2 of his sniper n yet i feel Presure by his T70 and unit Presence , yes i want to plant more mine but, it seem i kinda need my Pio to back cap or something i forgot,

i have to admit when the unit getting larger i cant focus most of the unit, making all the mistake,

And what would u recommend for me, if in the future i get the same map. do i just focus on the Right side Fuel (cause its closest to the Muni) or spread left fuel n Right muni?.. cause the map is too big,

i think Sprice focus on 1 point is the only viable Option for Noob like me.. Any suggestion?

PS: i think i really need that ostwind..

Tnx u soo much Shadowlink
16 Jan 2018, 20:07 PM

1st of all thx for ur time for Reviewing my Replay, it mean alot to me,

on this replay, the reason i kinda late respond to their Unit is that im confuse, that if i did bleed him or not, cause i think i got 2 of his sniper n yet i feel Presure by his T70 and unit Presence , yes i want to plant more mine but, it seem i kinda need my Pio to back cap or something i forgot,

i have to admit when the unit getting larger i cant focus most of the unit, making all the mistake,

And what would u recommend for me, if in the future i get the same map. do i just focus on the Right side Fuel (cause its closest to the Muni) or spread left fuel n Right muni?.. cause the map is too big,

i think Sprice focus on 1 point is the only viable Option for Noob like me.. Any suggestion?

PS: i think i really need that ostwind..

Tnx u soo much Shadowlink

Everyone has a different playstyle and each faction plays differently as well as every map. One of the most basic yet effective strategies is to secure 1 side with your forces, say the left side of the map, and then blob his right cutoff. If successful you retain your side of the map while he loses all income. Then you can play the match by ear and cap his territories, reinforce etc.

An ostwind is more of a luxury unit. P4s are the backbone of the ostheer T3, and with MG42 upgrades they can also engage aircraft.
16 Jan 2018, 20:20 PM

Everyone has a different playstyle and each faction plays differently as well as every map. One of the most basic yet effective strategies is to secure 1 side with your forces, say the left side of the map, and then blob his right cutoff. If successful you retain your side of the map while he loses all income. Then you can play the match by ear and cap his territories, reinforce etc.

An ostwind is more of a luxury unit. P4s are the backbone of the ostheer T3, and with MG42 upgrades they can also engage aircraft.

alright i try to Improve more, nothing wrong in Getting Ostwind if the enemy are Using Recon Plane right?

i keep that in mind, Tnx Shadowlink
16 Jan 2018, 20:56 PM

alright i try to Improve more, nothing wrong in Getting Ostwind if the enemy are Using Recon Plane right?

i keep that in mind, Tnx Shadowlink

Of course not. Getting counters is what you're meant to do, it's just a risky investment if its the 1st tank you get since it can't deal with mediums well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS