Login

russian armor

Is this possible? (Unit 'prestige' )

7 Jan 2018, 23:01 PM

Hi everyone. I was thinking up a possible feature for my personal mod that essentially involves demoting a unit that has reached max vet to 0, but changing the UI namespace of the unit and retaining all the improvements/upgrades from vets.

Is this possible?

I was thinking along the lines of enabling an upgrade at Vet 5 (for OKW) that would allow the user the option to take the upgrade for the unit and reduce it's vet/exp to 0 and allow it to begin climbing up the vet ladder again accruing more veteranacy bonuses as it climbs.

Thanks for you time
8 Jan 2018, 06:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It might be possible but I am not sure. Here is me spit balling an idea on how it could work. There is a veterancy action which might be able to be negative. Have a requirement action to be at the desired vet level. Remove the vet but apply modifiers though a upgrade. Then have a UI action to be displayed on the portrait of the unit and perhaps a small custom icon with a number in a star to be displayed where the green lock icon where hand brakes or brace is.

For upgrading a specific attribute like CoH1, make the upgrades require a level of veterancy then apply it, just do not add the modifiers through the normal veteracny system.
8 Jan 2018, 16:03 PM

It might be possible but I am not sure. Here is me spit balling an idea on how it could work. There is a veterancy action which might be able to be negative. Have a requirement action to be at the desired vet level. Remove the vet but apply modifiers though a upgrade. Then have a UI action to be displayed on the portrait of the unit and perhaps a small custom icon with a number in a star to be displayed where the green lock icon where hand brakes or brace is.

For upgrading a specific attribute like CoH1, make the upgrades require a level of veterancy then apply it, just do not add the modifiers through the normal veteracny system.

I see what you're saying. So accumulate the bonuses in the upgrade and apply those when the upgrade is purchased vs passively through veterancy accumulation.

I will have to try the veteran action to see if its possible to remove vet.

On a related note, is it possible to apply skins via action? I know there are certain models that can be applied (P4/Stug Armor), but I'm not sure about skins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★