Login

russian armor

KV-8 is too cheap.

12 Aug 2013, 18:17 PM

how dare people complain about the KV8 while T2 flamer HT monster is still around?!? it gets vetted before there is any counter available and then takes ages to kill...

1 X conscript to AT gren/ ZIS3 or 2 X guards or 1 X ZIS/ 1 guards ... omg I am running out of options to kill a 120 munitions FHT where it struggles to kill even a single conscript squad unvetted.
12 Aug 2013, 18:20 PM

Guys, I mean no offense but the kv8 behaves just like alpha / flammenwerfer flamethrowers pre nerf. It insta-kills everything. I've literally used these kv8's (which take a shitload of damage might i add and are difficult to stop) to stop my opponent from winning multiple times. They come fairly midgame, they have a low fuel cost, and absolutely incinerate infantry. If you think their damage output is OK I ask you to do a test.

Host a game with a friend, make 4 PG squads, I bet you that within about.... lets say 8 seconds all 4 of those squads are dead. Then I ask you to repeat the test but then have the kv-8 moving towards these squads. As they retreat you will watch them all die just as fast as they would if they were standing still. Does it need to be nerfed? I believe without a doubt. It has multiple functions. It can take on tanks due to its high armor and it can roast infantry, it's a pretty good tank it doesn't need to be absolutely spectacular and easily spammable. This is just bad gameplay being able to spam 1 unit over and over and over. I'll try to find one of my replays where i used it to really destructive means. I mean I literally just drove these things into my opponents base over and over. He would finally kill the first one then I would drive the second one right back in. the match was fairly even until my kv hit.
12 Aug 2013, 18:21 PM

how dare people complain about the KV8 while T2 flamer HT monster is still around?!? it gets vetted before there is any counter available and then takes ages to kill...

It's pretty well known that the hard counter to the flame half track is the "marcus car" (guards in a scout car). Try it out, it really wrecks it.
12 Aug 2013, 19:11 PM

It's pretty well known that the hard counter to the flame half track is the "marcus car" (guards in a scout car). Try it out, it really wrecks it.

Then you dont have to worry about the KV-8 since they went the guards route.
12 Aug 2013, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 19:11 PMBubalo

now everyone is going to start talking about how OP shocktroops are..
12 Aug 2013, 20:09 PM

now everyone is going to start talking about how OP shocktroops are..

Well to their defense everything Soviet is OP
12 Aug 2013, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 20:09 PMBubalo

indeed...
12 Aug 2013, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 20:09 PMBubalo

Awww look friedfaggot created a new troll account AWWWWWW
12 Aug 2013, 20:37 PM

Awww look friedfaggot created a new troll account AWWWWWW

Nope, long time lurker who has seen one to many "This Soviet Unit is OP Because I totally have this replay that proves it". But I can understand where you are coming from, god forbid someone come to defend a Soviet unit that can kill the all powerful German units in the game.
12 Aug 2013, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 20:37 PMBubalo

Nope, long time lurker who has seen one to many "This Soviet Unit is OP Because I totally have this replay that proves it". But I can understand where you are coming from, god forbid someone come to defend a Soviet unit that can kill the all powerful German units in the game.

Right and you and friedfaggot are different people 4 sure ... since the same soviet biased tone is present.

Oh noes I cant insta win spam with my exploit 85 and kv insta win 8 if they get nerfed so I must defend my communist heroes.
12 Aug 2013, 22:12 PM

smells like teen spirit
12 Aug 2013, 22:16 PM

smells like teen spirit

Smells like burnt chicken ...
13 Aug 2013, 02:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 19:11 PMBubalo

My bad, I still don't have all the doctrines memorized and I definitely don't know what the fuck they're named lol.

I think you're right, nevertheless the flame halftrack isn't so hard to deal with, just go T2 get an AT gun and use the Russians normal mines. think of it like going back to coh1 but you're dealing with an early m8.
13 Aug 2013, 03:00 AM

Right and you and friedfaggot are different people 4 sure ... since the same soviet biased tone is present.

Oh noes I cant insta win spam with my exploit 85 and kv insta win 8 if they get nerfed so I must defend my communist heroes.

I actually think I play as Germans more often then Soviets, either way, KV-8 (if it comes early) means they didnt go for a second su85 meaning you can simply go for a pincer type flank with 2 P4's that are well supported. It's all about using your combined arms. Actually I'd go as far to say that the KV-8 is the easiest Sov tank to deal with besides the T70 and T34. You have options to deal with the KV-8, use them. (In a completely unrelated note I will say the speed of the SU85 is ridiculous, there is no punishment for a Soviet overextending their lines since they can warp speed the SU85 back into safety). And even when I play as Soviets I dont go for the KV-8 doctrine unless I see swarms of PG's cause it seems most people I play against are capable of knocking it out.

I am just tired of seeing all these German players calling for nerfs because a Soviet played well or had a well supported attack or knocked the Germans out early and you were never able to recover or had a call in unit you weren't prepared to deal with or did something so our of left field that it happened to work. Soviets aren't fun to play against because there seems to be so little variation in their strats anymore because most of their units have been fucked over due to whiners.

My bad, I still don't have all the doctrines memorized and I definitely don't know what the fuck they're named lol.

I think you're right, nevertheless the flame halftrack isn't so hard to deal with, just go T2 get an AT gun and use the Russians normal mines. think of it like going back to coh1 but you're dealing with an early m8.

I'm in the same boat, besides the normal ones I use when someone tells me the doctrine they are going for I always have to ask whats in it lol. Miss the good'ol days, 3 doctrines per side with 2 sides to each.
13 Aug 2013, 03:24 AM

I actually feel that against unprepared opponents a flame ht is just as devastating to infantry early game as a kv8 is to infantry late game. I think the problem with both flame vehicles is the range of the flamethrowers; microed well they can both avoid getting at naded or panzerfausted so that allows them to cut through infantry like hot knife through butter... sure the kv8 kills infantry quicker but it costs 3x as much and hits the field nearly 3x later so in essence 3 flame hts should kill as quick if not quicker than 1 kv8. I think the lesson in both cases is not to fight either one with infantry; whether you're using shrecked pgs or AT guns against either the flame ht or kv8 than you're playing to your opponents strengths considering those are still infantry units.
13 Aug 2013, 03:44 AM

I actually feel that against unprepared opponents a flame ht is just as devastating to infantry early game as a kv8 is to infantry late game. I think the problem with both flame vehicles is the range of the flamethrowers; microed well they can both avoid getting at naded or panzerfausted so that allows them to cut through infantry like hot knife through butter... sure the kv8 kills infantry quicker but it costs 3x as much and hits the field nearly 3x later so in essence 3 flame hts should kill as quick if not quicker than 1 kv8. I think the lesson in both cases is not to fight either one with infantry; whether you're using shrecked pgs or AT guns against either the flame ht or kv8 than you're playing to your opponents strengths considering those are still infantry units.

I don't understand these statements. They are based on ridiculous theoretical comparisons. It's actually painful to read.

3 flame HTS would cost 360 munitions...

You also realize that guards and At nades perfectly counter the Flame ht? Guards in a M3 counter it even better because they are protected from flame. This is simply not the same for Ostheer, and I'm really starting to question the legitimacy of more than half this board. Do you guys actually play both sides? What is the Ostheer supposed to use to combat the KV8? Ethnic slurs? Prayer? Hope? Is that doctrinal like guards? Because if that works, sign me up. Should I built 1 pak or 6 because it will take about 5-6 direct hits from a Pak (Pak is currently missing/not penetrating armor at a rate of 1 out of 3 shots). The Kv8 will liquidate 2 paks in a matter of seconds (I stop at 2 because building anymore than 2 Paks @ 360 mp is stupid and unrealistic...oh, kind of like building 3 flame hts). The Kv8 will liquidate grens with shreks in one burst, two grens with shreks in two bursts (that's 720 mp and 240 munitions pps). The P4 is a decent counter but it has a painstakingly difficult time penetrating the Kv8 armor. If the Kv8 is the only armor/AT on the field the Soviet player is 1. stupid or 2. stupid. The P4 will take damage whilst trying to engage the KV8 for some extended length of time.

Please stop the stupid.
13 Aug 2013, 03:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Overall, my best suggestion to ALL flame effects in the game (yes, even including infantry flamers) is that they should only fire when static.
13 Aug 2013, 04:57 AM

KV-8 flame weapon needs to be tone down a little bit, but as long as it won't come along with Guard and remains 4 CP doctrinal point, stats nerf+price rise against a dedicate AT tank is considered a double nerf....

for PanzerJager, dedicate German player as its name explains all, complains about almost every soviet unit starting from T1 to T4 , you still think it's convincing?
13 Aug 2013, 07:19 AM

Flame HT is only good in terms of survivability at Vet2 but your opponent have to be stupid to let you vet up. Typical scenario is that HT get AT naded sooner or later and/or hit that cheap mine and after that yr HT is history. KV8 on the other hand has superior damage+armor and all he needs to do to back it up against german T3 armor is ONE ZIS gun. Sad but true.
13 Aug 2013, 16:34 PM
Donator 22

Maybe 80% search for Germans because unlike you most people think Germans are cooler nor do they have some sort of communist love.

maybe 80% search for germans because you need some micro ( I´m just kidding ;) )

the KV-8 liquidate everything without armour in a couple of sec.
grens with shreks are absolutely useless. The fuel cost is a bit too lowI guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★