Login

russian armor

Java.exe failed Code 2

4 Jan 2018, 02:46 AM

Hi.

I got while making decal mode. Im following this guide (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470229003). I gona cut to the chase, after clicking build and letting system do its thing I got this line "Error building Parker's Decal.mod: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java.exe failed with exit code 2"

Question is: What shuld I do? I reinstalled Java and double checked before and after installation that path is good. Is ther any advice on what shuld I do with it?

Sorry for taking the time and thanks in advance for any replay.

PS: If pepole gona complain that ther are similer cases I say this. I know too well that one single diffrence in diggits in programs can mean day or night. So I need help in this specyfic case.

Final Edit: I manage to deal with it, head out to last post to see what I noticed and did diffrent in order to fix it. If you have similer problem I hope it help you out.
4 Jan 2018, 05:41 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hi CptParker,
I had a similar problem and I managed to solve it.
These are the steps what I did:
a)Double check the path to the .png file in the mod.
b)Check the SDK path(you might reinstall yours and make a folder on your desktop and extract the files in the new folder, and in the tool just refer to the new folder)

Here you have the link to SDK I use:
https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/flex-sdk-download.html

Let me know if that helped.

Regards,
RagnarTheGamer
4 Jan 2018, 07:49 AM

Okay, here is what I found so far.

a) .png file you ment icon.png right? if so then it is in folder with rest of the mod. If it shuld be somewher specyfic then I dont know, other possibility is that I "Broke it" when tried to mod it.

b) Flex SDK I got from website you provided and path to it looks okay.

I gona see if I could have "Broke" that .png file you mentioned. What I gona do is replace it with similer one.

EDIT: It changed nothing. So we are back to square one.
4 Jan 2018, 14:48 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

With the path check, I meant looking in the attribute editor and checking there you shud have some think like this:

Code
ModIcons_YourModID_PathToYourPNGFile(you don't put .png in it, just the .png file name)

Example:
Code
ModIcons_52855FG23432SCE4231_ui_mydecal

The .png file should be located in data>ui(more folders in ui is your choice, then you just need to add the folder to the path)
4 Jan 2018, 15:08 PM

(Sortet one mistake)

So. In mod builder I saw ther is png file but I cant open it and find it of all things in main folder wher I have my mod.

About Attribute editor... When im openning attribute file of my mod it says in console this:

Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\store_item'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\search_tags'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the enum 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\rarity'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the bool 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\is_in_default_bundle'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\default_metadata'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_aef' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\inventory_item_category'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\store_item'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\search_tags'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the enum 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\rarity'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the bool 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\is_in_default_bundle'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\default_metadata'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_british' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\inventory_item_category'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\store_item'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\search_tags'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the enum 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\rarity'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the bool 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\is_in_default_bundle'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\default_metadata'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\inventory_item_category'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\store_item'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\search_tags'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the enum 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\rarity'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the bool 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\is_in_default_bundle'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the list 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\default_metadata'. A default has been created for it.
Instance 'vehicle_decal\parkers_decal_west_german' instantiated from template 'vehicle_decal' is missing the instance reference 'vehicle_decal_bag\server_item\inventory_item_category'. A default has been created for it.

As far as I understand it saw things "Missing" so it placed template of its own. After saving it, nothing changed regarding the problem.

EDIT2: Sorry for all the edits but I think I found what you said in attribute editor.

After oppening xml file of my mod I found factions folder with decals and in them ther was something similer to what you showed.

<icon name="icon" value="ModIcons_d70fc52a93ac4bc5b07d62cf2fed44d3_icon" />

Its exact same in all factions I selected for the mod of mine. Not sure those if its exacly what you said I shuld have looked for...
4 Jan 2018, 16:07 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Send me to PM your screen from the tool. Because you should be normally able to open the attrib.
This is how your decal setup should look:
4 Jan 2018, 16:17 PM

Okay, so what shuld I do to change it to said "Standart" set up?
4 Jan 2018, 16:21 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Your setup looks good. One more thing I can suggest is to look on this tutorial it is outdated in some thinks but still works.

4 Jan 2018, 16:24 PM

So you saying I shuld take a look at tutorial you posted and see what I could do to make it working?

EDIT: I noticed one thing when doing once more a build of my decal.

At one point programs trys to refer to "*ModID*-LinkReport.xml" which I cant find in place wher it looks for.

Any advise on that?
4 Jan 2018, 18:09 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hmm, never saw this. I pointed out things that helped me. Also, it might not be Java problem it might be something else its just that the tool is using Java to build the mod. Cant really help you anymore I'm really sorry.

Good luck,
RagnarTheGamer
4 Jan 2018, 18:41 PM

I understand and thanks a lot for your help Ragnar. If I cant find way to fix it or go around it I may end up requesting someone to finish this mod on my behalf. But time shall tell.
5 Jan 2018, 22:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sometimes it's the simplest thing that causes this to happen. Make sure the Java Home Path is actually pointing to the correct folder, as it does not update automatically. Otherwise, you could start removing files until it builds to troubleshoot the issue.
6 Jan 2018, 00:39 AM

"Removing files" Which exacly you refering to?

And with Java home path being wrong... As stated before its not it.
7 Jan 2018, 00:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Move a file you added to your mod to a different folder. Repeat until it builds. Start with the most relevant/recent ones.
7 Jan 2018, 01:48 AM

Move a file you added to your mod to a different folder. Repeat until it builds. Start with the most relevant/recent ones.

Well... I dint added any files a part from moding those that ware given to me... (Reminder, I was making decal mod. A simple one to boot) But I see if changing locations can do "Something"

EDIT: Something strange happened. I decided to build test file to see if its problem with Java, turns out its not problem with it but then agien, I dont know what exacly went wrong with first one.

EDIT2: Okay... I made secend decal mod, this time I named it diffrenlty and dint changed a "Icon.png" file. This time all went smooth...

Is it possible that I screw something up with Icon.png file or that builder does not like names with special symbols?...
7 Jan 2018, 02:35 AM

Okay. This shall be final post for this as I manage to deal with it. Here it is what I noticed.

1: Ther is chance that mod builder does not like special letters in files. (Folder name and file name)

2: I dint "Saved" my work before building it on secend attempt. Perhaps something is wrong with mod builder building file that reads what is going on?

3: I did not used "Attribute Editor" so it dint builded any new files.

4: Ther is chance that updating Java could help, but if already then it kicked off AFTER I made new mod project. (What I mean is. After update I made new decal mod)

Thats all I noticed so far. If someone else had this problem, try to follow what I found.

Sorry all for taking your time.
Cpt.Parker
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight